Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
Feel weird passing on a new IPhone after 6 years straight of buying on release day.. I guess my apple hype beast has subsided im more excited about these mac pro's dropping to triple productivity...

wish they could have given us some cool stuff :lol:

i honestly dont know whats useful on the new OS other than the camera stuff.

everything else is trash.

also how come you cant add weather to the top pull down center thing? only has the calendar and stocks... which i dont care about since i dont use my phone to set plans

It'll be my first time getting a new phone on release day and I have a few questions -- Would appreciate it if anyone could answer them:

- Which retail stores will be selling them on RD?
- From your experience, what time do people line up in the morning? And how quickly do they sell out?
- Is there a specific model that'll sell out quicker (16gb, 32gb, 64gb, and etc)?

Located in San Francisco and I'll most likely be at Stonestown Galleria at 8am :nerd:..

its really hard to say how long they will last in stores. all you are hearing right now is that stock wont be as big as in the past because of the shortages with the aluminum housings. if you can, try and be first in line SRS

maybe every site is blowing it out of proportion but who knows but they are having problems at the factories and the no pre orders pretty much sealed the deal with the issue of low stock.

My store received half of our 5s and 5c shipment today. Cant wait for Friday to make some good money.
(I work for T-Mo)

Last edited:
Reactions: ct3
How come it doesnt make the click noise when I "slide to unlock".. only when I press the top button. I dont like it without it :wow:

and none of my apps or anything are on here. I took screenshots of my old set up so i guess ill just do it manually.. Not really feeling ios7 so far, doesnt really feel like an iphone any more :wow:

its really hard to say how long they will last in stores. all you are hearing right now is that stock wont be as big as in the past because of the shortages with the aluminum housings. if you can, try and be first in line SRS

maybe every site is blowing it out of proportion but who knows but they are having problems at the factories and the no pre orders pretty much sealed the deal with the issue of low stock.
Thanks. Do you think it'll be worth reselling during the first week, then buying one for retail a few weeks later? Just for extra cash?

New sound it makes when you plug it in :x :x .. Wheres my click when I close it and the old sound :wow: :wow:

I'm on the 4, and I'm experiencing slight lag. Not enough lag to frustrate me though.
Like a second of lag when doing certain things.

I don't like how the weather widget is gone from the notification center.

lol this battery is draining like crazy and im barely using it...

cant wait to see how it goes tomorrow. this is gonna suck

It'll be my first time getting a new phone on release day and I have a few questions -- Would appreciate it if anyone could answer them:

- Which retail stores will be selling them on RD?
- From your experience, what time do people line up in the morning? And how quickly do they sell out?
- Is there a specific model that'll sell out quicker (16gb, 32gb, 64gb, and etc)?

Located in San Francisco and I'll most likely be at Stonestown Galleria at 8am :nerd:..

These are all common sense answers, seems like you just wanna tell people your getting a new phone.

Google what stores will be selling them. Not sure why you would ask this question if you're saying you'll be at the mall at 8 am. Obviously you know what stores are selling them. I would imagine, just off the top of my head: Apple, Verizon, Best Buy, AT&T etc... smh

In large cities, people line up a few hours before the store opens. Apple stores people actually camp just like a sneaker release hours in advance, malls are different, people wait outside then rush the stores. It's the same as sneaker releases!

The white/gold will sell out first and they always sell out 16g, 32g and finally 64g because the white and gold are/will be more popular and obv the cheaper phones sell out first. People rarely wanna spend $400 on a phone with an upgrade when they can get the same phone with less memory for $200 less.

My advice as a 6-7year iPhone user: Drive out of the city to a smaller population area and buy a 32 or 64. To site of the city stores hold stock until later n the day, and they usually always have black 32 and 64's left over.

MY ADVICE: WAIT! They will restock in a few days, avoid the headache. It's all a marketing stunt for them to sell out and have huge lies and camp outs. Now the reports saying "extremely low quantities" yeah right... Why? It's practically the same phone as the 5 and what reason on earth could there be for limited quantities? It's not like they use precious metals. They are only gonna release a small amount for hype and publicity. If there was no more lines and exclusivity, everyone would treat them like Samsung phones and not give a ****. Apple is just better at marketing.

Last edited:
HOW TO MAKE MONEY BUYING YOUR PERSONAL IPHONE: if you're not doing this already, you need to be. This won't help you now, but it will next year.

When you buy a 32 or 64G phone, as long as you upgrade every year, it pays for itself and you actually make extra money.

Say you have a 32G iPhone 5 and you wanna buy a 5S. If you have an upgrade through your provider you can get the new 32g for $300. If you have the 5! All you need to do is sell it on eBay for $450 sometimes more depending on it's condition, you buy they 5S and pocket the $150 and get a new phone for nothing.

I you don't wanna use ebay, you can use GAZELLE.com. They give you 35 days after you set up an account and "lock in" your price they will pay you for your phone. YOU MUST LOCK IN YOUR PRICE THE DAY BEFORE THE NEW IPHONE IS ANNOUNCED - NOT RELEASED - ANNOUNCED - to assure you get the maximum amount of money. After they announce the new phone, the price for your 5 drops about $50, and after the 5S releases it will drop another $150. So you lock in your phone on Monday and they will pay you for Broken, Fair or Flawless condition. My phone was flawless and I locked my 32G in for $400. I'll buy the 5S on Friday, mail my phone to Gazelle and they will put $400 in my PayPal after they get the phone and make sure it's in the condition I quoted it to be in. So basically, I get a free phone every year and walk away with $100-$150 just for using an iPhone. I plan on upgrading to the 64G this year so I can walk away with $250-$300 every year instead. IF YOU DON'T mail your phone back within the allotted 30 days, then you lose your locked in price and you'll get less than half what the original quote was.

It's actually pretty common sense and I'm sure a lot of you do this already. But gazelle is very trustworthy and efficient, and it's done me right thought 6 iPhones.

Last edited:
I don't know any provider that let's you upgrade every single year for the subsidized price unless you have a special account or call in to retentions each time...otherwise everyone would be doing this.

HOW TO MAKE MONEY BUYING YOUR PERSONAL IPHONE: if you're not doing this already, you need to be. This won't help you now, but it will next year.

When you buy a 32 or 64G phone, as long as you upgrade every year, it pays for itself and you actually make extra money.

Say you have a 32G iPhone 5 and you wanna buy a 5S. If you have an upgrade through your provider you can get the new 32g for $300. If you have the 5! All you need to do is sell it on eBay for $450 sometimes more depending on it's condition, you buy they 5S and pocket the $150 and get a new phone for nothing.

I you don't wanna use ebay, you can use GAZELLE.com. They give you 35 days after you set up an account and "lock in" your price they will pay you for your phone. YOU MUST LOCK IN YOUR PRICE THE DAY BEFORE THE NEW IPHONE IS ANNOUNCED - NOT RELEASED - ANNOUNCED - to assure you get the maximum amount of money. After they announce the new phone, the price for your 5 drops about $50, and after the 5S releases it will drop another $150. So you lock in your phone on Monday and they will pay you for Broken, Fair or Flawless condition. My phone was flawless and I locked my 32G in for $400. I'll buy the 5S on Friday, mail my phone to Gazelle and they will put $400 in my PayPal after they get the phone and make sure it's in the condition I quoted it to be in. So basically, I get a free phone every year and walk away with $100-$150 just for using an iPhone. I plan on upgrading to the 64G this year so I can walk away with $250-$300 every year instead. IF YOU DON'T mail your phone back within the allotted 30 days, then you lose your locked in price and you'll get less than half what the original quote was.

It's actually pretty common sense and I'm sure a lot of you do this already. But gazelle is very trustworthy and efficient, and it's done me right thought 6 iPhones.

Just google Gazelle review ratings, no thanks

Back
Top Bottom