Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 25.9%
  • Case

Votes: 283 61.7%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 57 12.4%

• Total voters
I just wanna know which is it? Best to charge once you hit 20% I assume? As opposed to tryna get it at 100% all the time.

my wife charges whenever. i charge to 100% when it gets under 10%
we both got our phones around the same time and last week she had to replace her battery. mine is still [emoji]128170[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]

Been a minute since I've seen this screen name :wow:

Wuddup fam :smokin

my wife charges whenever. i charge to 100% when it gets under 10%
we both got our phones around the same time and last week she had to replace her battery. mine is still [emoji]128170[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]

You got the right idea :smokin

Batteries aren't intended to work that way, much less a device we use as often as our phones.

Every time your device is on your putting strain on the battery.

Every time you charge it, you're putting strain on the battery.

So why charge it every chance you get to 100?

A better question is why haven't we come up with a better solution to these lithium batteries?

A better question is why haven't we come up with a better solution to these lithium batteries?

All that matters.

Until my phone can run 3-4 days on a single charge its all irrelevant. I figured that we would of made significant jumps in battery at this point. iOS does a good job managing it for sure, but advances seem to not be happening anywhere on the market.

When my phone reaches up to 100% I unplug it so it's on standby when I sleep. When I wake up it's still at 100% with everything running in the background.

They need to make an option where the battery stops charging when it's at 100%, but I can still leave the phone plugged in. Also, it'll be nice if I'm at home/office and I can use my phone while it's plugged in, w/out impacting the battery. 

They need to make an option where the battery stops charging when it's at 100%, but I can still leave the phone plugged in. Also, it'll be nice if I'm at home/office and I can use my phone while it's plugged in, w/out impacting the battery. 
I'm surprised that Apple hasn't added overcharge protection at this point.

I copped from this dude -- seems legit -- http://stores.ebay.com/andysopenboxdeals/

@curtis50cent + @bryanay1 -- you got one from that seller too?
nah, purchased my case from the apple store
You paid retail? 
sick.gif

I copped from this dude -- seems legit -- http://stores.ebay.com/andysopenboxdeals/

@curtis50cent
+ @bryanay1
-- you got one from that seller too?
Yes .. Copped 2 Apple leather cases from him.

They are legit genuine Apple cases. Mine were open box from Best Buy.
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

When my phone reaches up to 100% I unplug it so it's on standby when I sleep. When I wake up it's still at 100% with everything running in the background.

I'm surprised that Apple hasn't added overcharge protection at this point.

It's there.

Ha. All of these crazy claims about charging batteries too often is nonsense. I've had every iPhone since the first one and I charge daily up to 100% often. I've never had any battery issues.

But really though, speaking of batteries..

Coming from a 6 to a 7 Plus.. let me just say this-

My 6 would be at around 87% battery within an hour and a half of me starting my day. Using spotify, texting a little, etc.
By 12PM my phone would be at around 40% battery, and by 2PM it would be at around 20% or lower. All moderate usage. I would HAVE to charge my phone at some point during the work day to make sure I had battery for the rest of the day.

My 7 Plus yesterday ended my work day around 60% battery, same usage, and I went to sleep with it at around 40% left. :pimp:

They're not going to do too much with protecting the batteries cause that will be one less reason for people to want to upgrade each year. I'd still be holding onto my 6 if it's battery life wasn't crap. And yes, I have been doing all the "supposed" battery saving techniques.

But really though, speaking of batteries..

Coming from a 6 to a 7 Plus.. let me just say this-

My 6 would be at around 87% battery within an hour and a half of me starting my day. Using spotify, texting a little, etc.
By 12PM my phone would be at around 40% battery, and by 2PM it would be at around 20% or lower. All moderate usage. I would HAVE to charge my phone at some point during the work day to make sure I had battery for the rest of the day.

My 7 Plus yesterday ended my work day around 60% battery, same usage, and I went to sleep with it at around 40% left. :pimp:

Exactly why I returned my 7 for a plus. Battery game strong. :smokin

They're not going to do too much with protecting the batteries cause that will be one less reason for people to want to upgrade each year. I'd still be holding onto my 6 if it's battery life wasn't crap. And yes, I have been doing all the "supposed" battery saving techniques.

Good point sir

Back
Top Bottom