Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

Has anyone here bought the VERIZON iPHONE 5 for the sole purpose of using its out of box 'UNLOCKED' features?
I was hoping to scoop it up and throw in a pay as you go sim from either att, virgin mobile or tmobile.
I just need texts and calls on that phone, but data would be a plus if anyone has some experience using the new iphone on a pay as you go plan please please drop some info.
I used it the Verizon iPhone 5 with an AT&T sim card in my phone as I waited for VZW to activate my employee plan. Works just fine, the HSPA+ worked extremely well. Works just fine Talk/Text/Data were all ok and didn't have anything negative to say. I would say, having used all three supported carriers for the iPhone, VZW is a beast CDMA for call quality and LTE for Data is an extremely nice duo. A little pissed Apple decided to not include the voice band for LTE but it hasn't hindered me. 

LIve in Miami whats the quickest way to get a iPhone 5, all places I been aint gone none yet

This! Finally after 3 years of the same phone I can use my upgrade and I can't find the phone anywhere...

Call Wal-Marts there's a couple in Broward that have them in stock.
Did you just hear about this? The one I work at dont got any

I called Cooper City Walmart at 1PM yesterday and they had some.

anybody have a shared data plan from att? is it worth it to get the shared data plan instead of having a family plan with 3gb data for each line?

Yea I called them and they said they had em but after I said wanted one they put me on hold for like 20 min then told me there are preorders on em already

Those guys are full of BS, yesterday they said it was first come first served. I had to demand to talk to the AT&T regional manager.

if someone sends them to you in an email or something you are able to or if you can access it through the web
or you can use docs2go or office for iphone and you can save/share/edit all types of file formats and even stream or sync them to ur pc

Yea I called them and they said they had em but after I said wanted one they put me on hold for like 20 min then told me there are preorders on em already
Those guys are full of BS, yesterday they said it was first come first served. I had to demand to talk to the AT&T regional manager.
Had a feeling they was pulling ****, I wasn't finna drive out there if they was gonna **** around

I think I'm going to move over to Verzion for the iP5. Most likely.

If you have unlimited data I'd stay put if I were you. Those Share Everything plans on Verizon are a total rip off.

Yeah, I've been a Verizon customer for years and recently went to the Share Everything plan. It's hogwash, IMO. Excellent reception, but I'm digging the limited data. Smart financial move for them though, but they're going to lose a lot of valuable customers. I say they go back to the unlimited data plan and lower data speeds after a certain amount of GB use.

Thanks for the help with office stuff. Got the free version of docs2go right now. Is there a big difference between the premium one?

i havent seen it mentioned yet, but try your local radio shack. I was leaving work and sumn to me to stop by RS, I did and they had one of each size for all carriers... shorty was like we get them in all the time. it may just be my area Tulsa OK, but try urs nonetheless..

BTW i copped and its 100x better than the ip4 i had

^
I would've never noticed it if you hadn't pointed it out. Now i'm going to hear it all the time now. Thanks :lol:.

WOW. me, too. :smh: :x

wish i would've never read that. :lol:

currently rocking my phone with a bumper only. i like it, but i hate not having a screen protector. but i don't really want to take the bumper off, and case friendly screen protectors leave that gap between it and the bumper, which is asking for grime to build up in there and not provide complete coverage/protection. :frown: :smh:

my bro tried a regular sized screen protector and a bumper, and the screen protector got all messed up. so i'm torn. i don't know whether to just keep it as is, add a case friendly screen protector, or take the bumper off and get full body coverage films. i hate setting my phone down on tables and such without a bumper, though. :smh:

i like the feel of the back side (rubbing my fingers between the glass and aluminum part; feels good, man) too much to put a film protector on it, but i'm still paranoid about it getting scratched/bumped. so i'm torn on that, too. lol

i know, i know. brool story, co. :lol:

Last edited:
Thanks for the help with office stuff. Got the free version of docs2go right now. Is there a big difference between the premium one?
premium allows you to edit create... and it also allows you to wirelessly sync to cloud storage ie... dropbox, google docs etc...

also might want to get ifiles so you can go into the phones subdirectories and back up individual files on pc... i mainly do this to seperate text/mms phone records/messages from all the rest of my backups.. or if i want to pull a particular file ie when the teachers email me kids assignments progress reports etc...

oh btw tethered iphone 5 jailbreak... but with a catch.... must have a apple developers account and also about 75% of the cydia tweaks and apps including install0us and appsync arent upgraded to ios 6 yet

How can I tether on my IPHONE 5?

Also, I'm trying to get the best out of my iphone, what are some great apps and games? I have this soccer game called DREAMLEAGUE SOCCER and its great. Its like Im playing with a psp. Any other games you guys might recommend?

How can I tether on my IPHONE 5?

Also, I'm trying to get the best out of my iphone, what are some great apps and games? I have this soccer game called DREAMLEAGUE SOCCER and its great. Its like Im playing with a psp. Any other games you guys might recommend?

Who is your service provider? They may or may not require a certain plan in order to tether or charge an additional fee.

Back
Top Bottom