Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

finally back home, but . . . received my iphone 5 last week on the 12th, about 2 weeks early than scheduled to ship.

haven't had time to notice how 4G LTG is since I was overseas, but wifi works great and the panoramic feature with the camera works nice . . .

only issue noticed so far . . . icloud keeps failing to back up over wifi, last successfully back up was about a week ago.

finally back home, but . . . received my iphone 5 last week on the 12th, about 2 weeks early than scheduled to ship.
haven't had time to notice how 4G LTG is since I was overseas, but wifi works great and the panoramic feature with the camera works nice . . .
only issue noticed so far . . . icloud keeps failing to back up over wifi, last successfully back up was about a week ago.
i use to have that issue every so often... funny thing is i havent had it in awhile untill i read ur post turned and notice it on my phone...

make sure wifi sync with iTunes is enabled, EDIT - if you want to sync to the computer for a physical backup copy of the device - you have to manually select the device and click backup as its not automatic when plugged in anymore, apparently.

make sure wifi sync with iTunes is enabled, EDIT - if you want to sync to the computer for a physical backup copy of the device - you have to manually select the device and click backup as its not automatic when plugged in anymore, apparently.

good tip . . .

Where can I obtain a nano sim from? Im currently with Sprint and got an iPhone 5 from someone but I need a sim.

What are yall guys using?

i'm using this:

41tyE%2BxkyJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

31qOwJDn0VL._AA300_.jpg

Amazon product ASIN B0092TQHP2
contemplating getting some combination of screen protectors and bumper/no bumper, too, per my last post.

Anybody got any new news on AT&T being able to make FaceTime calls over data?

Anybody got any new news on AT&T being able to make FaceTime calls over data?
it would be a data killer... i did it with 4s jailbreak... and it uses so much data.. i mean not a big deal if you hve unlimited data as i do. But for those 2gb or so ppl. You would run over your data plan rather quickly.

Yea I have the 5gb hotspot plan.. And it would be nice every now and then to be able to make a FaceTime call when not under wifi every now and the .. Don't just strip it away from me...

There is new news, that apple tried and has succeeded making unlocking and jailbreaking illegal in accordance to dcma... this will be in effect starting january 2013.... Because of this the jailbreak for iphone 5, while is finished... has been delayed (till ios 6.01 is released) and mant of the top jailbreakers have said this will be their last project.... Many sites who basically are devoted to the jailbreak community say that they will eventually shutdown...

I know this wont ultimately mean to to much for apple sales.... esp since apple could drop a phone with the equilevancy of the old nokia 2500... with green screen, light up antennae, and changeable front face and all and it will still sell like hotcakes....

I wonder will alot of ppl will be leaving the iphone/ipad etc... I for one unless they do something spectacular... I cant see me purchasing another iphone/ipad. To be honest outside of a user friendly/smooth ios... really the iphone/ipad really isnt that special... Esp the not having flash... I know ppl say well html sites are the future etc..(and eventually most sites will leave flash based) But apple has been saying that since like 04/05 and still hasnt come into fruition and doesnt look as if it will.

To be honest if jailbreaking comes to an end, and there isnt some sort of underground etc way of still having it done... I cannot seee myself buying another ipad/iphone again.

There is new news, that apple tried and has succeeded making unlocking and jailbreaking illegal in accordance to dcma... this will be in effect starting january 2013.... Because of this the jailbreak for iphone 5, while is finished... has been delayed (till ios 6.01 is released) and mant of the top jailbreakers have said this will be their last project.... Many sites who basically are devoted to the jailbreak community say that they will eventually shutdown...

I know this wont ultimately mean to to much for apple sales.... esp since apple could drop a phone with the equilevancy of the old nokia 2500... with green screen, light up antennae, and changeable front face and all and it will still sell like hotcakes....

I wonder will alot of ppl will be leaving the iphone/ipad etc... I for one unless they do something spectacular... I cant see me purchasing another iphone/ipad. To be honest outside of a user friendly/smooth ios... really the iphone/ipad really isnt that special... Esp the not having flash... I know ppl say well html sites are the future etc..(and eventually most sites will leave flash based) But apple has been saying that since like 04/05 and still hasnt come into fruition and doesnt look as if it will.

To be honest if jailbreaking comes to an end, and there isnt some sort of underground etc way of still having it done... I cannot seee myself buying another ipad/iphone again.

whats so great about jailbreaking? heard about it causing glitches and stuff, your phone dies faster, it starts to crash, gets slower

man yall use flash? lol what sites? pron? download a damn hulu app or app of whatever flash site u want

whats so great about jailbreaking? heard about it causing glitches and stuff, your phone dies faster, it starts to crash, gets slower
man yall use flash? lol what sites? pron? download a damn hulu app or app of whatever flash site u want
it does if u do not no what u are doing.... i like/ok my iphone 5... but as far as features/performance speed etc... my iphone 4s was 2x  as effiecient faster (despite the upgrade in chip) thn the 5.

Most off the features the 5 has ios 6... jailbreaking has had since 3g and has done it in a more faster/effiecient way.

ill just name a few...

Face recognition... i someone takes ur phone etc... and u have it locked, the cnnot open it.. and if attempts to it will take picture of person and thru findmyiphone give u geological location of said person/phone

Nc settings notification.... u can tweet/fb/post on lockscreen also respring/clear/clean cache... have weather/weather report for whatever location u are currently at, instead of going to settings and having to change it. you also can edit/read/erase/save/respond to emails/fb/tweets/mms/sms/text/emails while the phone is locked thus not using as much battery.

ifile... u can mod/edit/erase files programs etc... right from the phone.... you also can save history of sms/mms/text/phone calls/voicemails onto ur pc...

activator... u can assign shortcuts for certain task ie... tap statusbar to open camera, tap volume buttons at same time to send files etc... via bluetooth..

airplay.... which is essentially the same as the galaxy s3 touch and sync/send option...

safari tweaks... goes beyond the limits of 9 pages... also allows multiple pages to be open at the same time, can upload/download files str8 from the web... plus full screen safari

siri tweaks... allows customized commands as well as responses... ie u can accept decline calls just by saying so... you can start/multitask etc... just by voice ie... switch to wifi/3g ala go to niketalk...., plus you can create your own sayings and responses, you can lock phone/respring/shut off phone by voice...even safari such as saying refresh page/open new page/tab/ cut/save/dl upload such and such all by voice...

infinite folders... disables the folder limits on category...

springtomizer... customize looks etc... plus can overclock phone... can get notifications on taskbar, also not be interrupted while playing a game etc... by text/calls and so forth...  by having a small box that u can accept declined.. plus weather/ text notification/mail etc is displayed on taskbar including a option to accept/decline calls/text by pressing so on taskbar...

iblacklist... basically can block calls etc... plus its a caller id that lets u know where the person is physically calling from... u can set parameters for certain numbers calls... ala when this number call pre recordered answer and responses... or answer and hangup.. go str8 to voicemail...

plus flash, plus not to mention free apps... and a liteny of other things.. such as being able to convert youtube to mp3 on the phone and save on phone..pictures or video of person who calls....playing emulator games/system on phone...changing fonts etc...navigation turn by turn on apple maps..with up to date live traffic via google earth..firewall for safari... mask/hide ip address on phone...be able to hide sms messages etc...convert websites in other language on the fly...sync iphone and still use... without itunes... timestamp text etc... with location...free tethering...make apps think they on wifi but use 3g ala like facetime etc... but doesnt go against ur data... sending files music etc via thru siri.. such as send such and such song/video/etc to such and such... wakeup reminders etc by voice thru siri ala like on such and such day u have a doctors appt.. or gives u news/weather latest via thru siri...

If this is true, and jailbreaking comes to an end.  The iPhone 5 will be my last iPhone.

If this is true, and jailbreaking comes to an end.  The iPhone 5 will be my last iPhone.
I mean im sure it will still be going on... But it truly would be an underground thing... Like ud have to be in the know how, or have some spot in the cut/hood or something where someone who knows how to do it.. i mean yea u got ppl who (flea markets etc...) that do it now, but basiclly they are just going on the web and following instructions. You would have to actually know a person who is capable of muniplating/cracking the scripts and codes..

I enjoy/love my phone/pad dont get me wrong... But apple is slowly regressing in terms of technology and intuitiveness and innovation... They are at a point where they could rerelease the sidekick... and call it ichat ah something say its a apple product exclusive for tweeting/fb/instagram etc... and it would sell like hot cakes..

I have enjoyed my apple products but unless they really wow me with a 5s or a new ipad... the mac will be the only product ill be supporting.

there is also news that jailbreaking phones is legal, while jailbreaking tablets is not

The whole notion to be honest is just stupid... whats next you have to leave cars factory stock... And adding mods/parts/new radio etc... is violating... I still believe that one...it is a diservice,and bad ethics to release a product that has capabilities/features, yet block the user from accessing it, only so you can justify selling them the same product over and over by slowly releases locked capabilities and calling it new... (i know of the patent laws, and what consstitutes as changed etc..) But outside aestetics, a new camera, and faster chip, the iphone from 3g to now is the same phone...

Siri wasnt new, it was on the og iphone it was just an app, but basically they added it to the ios and called it a new phone. panaroma has always been there as a hidden feature, and like i said earlier most of the shortcuts/tweaks/mods they have so called been upgrading etc... have always been on the phone from the get go...

I just dont like the fact that if i discover the iphone has pip capabilities, and figure out how to unlock it, im a criminal....yet apple can lock the feature then decide to unlock the feature and call it an iphone 5s and charge consumers 500-800 essentially for something they already had, yet they arent the criminals.

Back
Top Bottom