Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

Really? Android discussion in an Apple thread?

**** never gets old...
I love how Android heads ***** about how iOS has looked the same for ages, but then proceed to theme their phones to look like iPhones.

I simply just don't give 2 ***** about anything spec related or anything when it comes to my phone.
Sure, I want my phone to be powerful and fast, but as long as Apple can keep making it fast enough for me and keeps that beautiful hardware design constantly updated then I'm good.

You guys always end up arguing over these phones and crap, but in reality you're playing with them like toys.

Really? Themes are the reason why some of you left iOS?
iOS is the BEST platform for apps, the iPhone has the BEST hardware design, and it is STILL the one phone that has been the most reliable.

I don't care if I could run psx emulators on an android, or update it to jellybean and theme it any way I want until my brain explodes from wasted time changing icons.

Thats a ******g waste. All I need is a reliable phone that performs everything I need it to do and I'm GOOD.
Because at the end of the day, when I'm using iOS 6 my phone is performing JUST AS FAST as an Android phone on Jellybean. That half a second longer it may take for my phone to find something in comparison doesn't matter. It truly doesn't.

If I want all those ******** bells and whistles that Android offers, I'd get an Android tablet.

Man I just need 1 128gb (or 64) and then another base model and ill be satisfied. these iphone 4s i have are so wack man. they free and reboot on their own now its so inconvenient when i need it the most :smh:

what on earth do you need 128gb for? :wow:

you need to hit up the apple store and get a new phone, you are easily still under warranty im sure.

music, apps, videos recorded, photos taken all add up bruh.
i'm currently on a 32gb iphone 4 (main) and its up to capacity with my photos, go to music, photos and video and large apps such as tom tom, my other phone is strictly calls and texts.

both my phones are out of warranty, i'm gonna go to apple and try to get em swapped out for refurbs as soon as the new iphone gets announced, the homie said i can use his upgrade(doesnt feel like paying for a new phone) & hes on a 3GS so ima give him one of my iphones for letting me us that.

can't wait for that unveiling, i will be preordering my phone this year unlike last time.

Last edited:
please post some pics that you have taken with your iphone?.. you say "android camera" like they are all the same damn company.. android didnt make the camera for every phone.. android is a OS.... samsung, sony other companies make camera's... lets compare pics... because i really do think my GSII can take better pics then you iphone all day...

brah go to a Verizon store right now and take pics using the GS3 and the 4s. promise 4s takes better pics.

Next iPhone will probably be priced the same as the current iPhones

I hope so, those $800 rumors had me depressed. I was about to say forget it and just get a One X or S3
Phones without a contract are expensive but the prices will probably be a little more because of the bigger screen.

I was really considering pre-ordering one off apple Wednesday but there's a problem with my account. I hate being on a family plan and not the main account. I miss being on at&t and only paying $69 a month for my 3G.

This logic is the exact reason why people hate apple fan boys. Once iOS switches it up, the sheep will praise apple for the same &%$# other companies have been doing.
"Who needs a bigger screen?" - new 4" inch display, oh.
"Who needs widgets when you have apps?" adds widgets to software, oh.
Same can be said for the cloud syncing, notification center, and OTA's.
Apple is known for innovation that's why it's a shock the OS is still the same basic &%$# that the sheep eat up.
...and I have a 4s, macbook, iPad 2. If that matters..

I don't understand what you mean. The fanboys can be sheep all they want but I'm giving you perspective from the company itself. Why change it if it continues to be successful? Dramatic change might not be good for the average user. That innovation crap is just rhetoric that fanboys of each side fall into. Also, innovation doesn't necessarily mean being the first to do something but the first to make it 1. The most proficient 2. The easiest to use so that it can appeal to the masses. It's a simple business model. We also have to remember that, it's just a goddamn phone. That's at the end of the day. How much do you want the thing to do?

**** never gets old...
I love how Android heads ***** about how iOS has looked the same for ages, but then proceed to theme their phones to look like iPhones.
I simply just don't give 2 ***** about anything spec related or anything when it comes to my phone.
Sure, I want my phone to be powerful and fast, but as long as Apple can keep making it fast enough for me and keeps that beautiful hardware design constantly updated then I'm good.
You guys always end up arguing over these phones and crap, but in reality you're playing with them like toys.
iOS is the BEST platform for apps, the iPhone has the BEST hardware design, and it is STILL the one phone that has been the most reliable.
I don't care if I could run psx emulators on an android, or update it to jellybean and theme it any way I want until my brain explodes from wasted time changing icons.
Thats a ******g waste. All I need is a reliable phone that performs everything I need it to do and I'm GOOD.
Because at the end of the day, when I'm using iOS 6 my phone is performing JUST AS FAST as an Android phone on Jellybean. That half a second longer it may take for my phone to find something in comparison doesn't matter. It truly doesn't.
If I want all those ******** bells and whistles that Android offers, I'd get an Android tablet.

exactly, lol MIUI one of the most popular Android ROMS is iOS inspired. I promise if these Android cats were salesmen nobody would cop an Android device from them because they would ramble on and on about crap nobody cares about.

brah go to a Verizon store right now and take pics using the GS3 and the 4s. promise 4s takes better pics.
i have a GS2.. if you have a 4s please post pics... i have a lot of friends that take pics of with their 4s, it looks good on the phone, until they actually put it on a computer or bigger screen then it looks like garbage

Last edited:
i have a GS2.. if you have a 4s please post pics... i have a lot of friends that take pics of with their 4s, it looks good on the phone, until they actually put it on a computer or bigger screen then it look as good...

bruh you want to see the proof so go to a wireless store and do side by side shots. Me posting pics and you posting pics doesnt give a comparison if we arent taking pics of the same thing.

**** never gets old...

so what makes the GS2/3 a unreliable phone and what doesnt it do for you? matter fact, why dont you chose a android if it can do what you iphone can and just as fast?

Ok so i am going to try and side step the andriod vs ios fight......

Can some one help me recap some rumors? What I am expecting from the conference:

Hardware iphone 5:
- Bigger screen
- LTE World wide phone
- Faster processor (ipad 2 esque?)

Software Ios6:
- New Passport app (helps with trips has boarding passes and such idk)
- Finally new MAps app with turn by turn and street view in 3d?
- Facebook integration of some sort
- siri ported to ipads
- Hopefully Siri integration with 3rd party apps? and just better Siri in general

Please add or correct any

Last edited:
bruh you want to see the proof so go to a wireless store and do side by side shots. Me posting pics and you posting pics doesnt give a comparison if we arent taking pics of the same thing.
i guess you couldnt read what i said... iphone pics look good on the iphone... blow up the pics and see them on a bigger screen and they will look like garbage... there has been plenty of times when i have checked the buy and sell forum, and it says "sorry for the crappy iphone pics".. a nice clear picture is a nice clear picture... here are some pics that i took of some food.. i not even a photography type person.. i just point and shoot...
http://niketalk.com/t/336137/whats-...traeger-pics-for-the-beast-from-my-sgsii/0_20

A Jailbroken Iphone 4S = Best cellphone on the market, BAR NONE.
Any iphone NOT jailbroken = absolute trash.
so much fail in this post... its ridiculous ....

So much wrong info being thrown ...

4s >>> s3 when it cones to picking it up and using.

4s >>> s3 when on simplicity

S3 >>> ios everything else.

There's several things that can be done on the s3 that can't be done on 4s.

You can dumb s3 down to basically whatever you want, but it takes knowing how to do it.

And if you know how to do it, you prolly won't want your phone super basic.

MIUI is one of the most popular, but not THE most popular. Cyanogenmod CLEARLY outweighs MIUI.US

4s has great quality, and an overall good looking product.

The siri is also really really easy to use.

so much fail in this post... its ridiculous ....
So much wrong info being thrown ...
4s >>> s3 when it cones to picking it up and using.
4s >>> s3 when on simplicity
S3 >>> ios everything else.
There's several things that can be done on the s3 that can't be done on 4s.
You can dumb s3 down to basically whatever you want, but it takes knowing how to do it.
And if you know how to do it, you prolly won't want your phone super basic.
MIUI is one of the most popular, but not THE most popular. Cyanogenmod CLEARLY outweighs MIUI.US
4s has great quality, and an overall good looking product.
The siri is also really really easy to use.

Nobody said MIUI was THE most, I said One of the most.

And I can attest first hand like I said I worked in Wireless Sales for 2 yrs, dealing with hundreds of people, iOS was easier for all of my customers who got their first smart phone compared to Android. Heck lot of my non nerd customers would have a learning curving going from an HTC device to a Moto device. I`m not speaking on myself saying something is easy to use, cause hell all that stuff is easy, like I said I actually worked with customers first hand.

**** never gets old...

All the stuff you don't care about is what makes top tier Android devices so great to me.

That's why it all comes down to personal preference. If I wanted a bare bones phone that just worked then I'd get an iphone too

Can some one help me recap some rumors? What I am expecting from the conference:

Hardware iphone 5:
- Bigger screen
- LTE World wide phone

- New headphones
- Headphone jack at the bottom
- New dock connector
- New unibody milled from a solid block, thinner, lighter, stronger
- Center positioned front facing cam
- Better speakers
- nano sim

Software Ios6:
- siri ported to ipads
- Hopefully Siri integration with 3rd party apps? and just better Siri in general

- twitter integration?

Last edited:
so what makes the GS2/3 a unreliable phone and what doesnt it do for you? matter fact, why dont you chose a android if it can do what you iphone can and just as fast?

I haven't used a GS2, or any Android phone after the EVO (Which wasn't even mine, I just used it as a temp phone after my iPhone got washed in the laundry)
And thats just my point fam, I haven't ever needed to try any other new phone because the iPhone has been THAT reliable.

There is no reason for me to ever switch from the iPhone right now. Apple hasn't done anything wrong. Switching over just to see what Android is like would be not only a waste of money, but a waste of time as well.

Unlike so many others who buy new phones quarterly/ bi-quarterly, I know what phone I like and I stick with it.

There would be no point in seeing if an Android phone can be just as fast as an iPhone to me, because at the end of the day, the point I'm trying to make is; if the phone is fast, the phone is fast. The iPhone is a fast phone, and realistically all these phones do the same damn thing. Which is why I don't see why people always go back and forth about "Android this" and "iPhone that".

Just get one. But if you do get and Android because it has more theme flexibility, don't turn around and theme it to look like an iPhone. Like, what kind of **** is that?

All the stuff you don't care about is what makes top tier Android devices so great to me.
That's why it all comes down to personal preference. If I wanted a bare bones phone that just worked then I'd get an iphone too

And this is my 2nd point. I'm not taking away from what Android users can do with their phones and the reasons why they get them. It is all personal preference, BUT this is an Apple thread...
For the life of me, I don't EVER understand why dudes always come into Apple threads talking about Androids. Its just like those PS3/Xbox bastards.

And we all know that the iPhone is much more than just a bare bone phone that just works. You say that as if Android isn't iOS' understudy who gets all of his hand me down apps.

You guys take this Android/iOS thing and turn it into this "we're better because..." type of thing just because some manufacturer slaps some mildly impressive spec numbers online and you start to think its the fastest **** ever.

The **** STILL isn't as fast as my computer, so in the end, it ain't **** to get me excited. I can't do hardly ANYTHING on a phone besides surf the web, run apps, and call/text, so they are STILL stupid reasons for one to be better than another.

So in the end, all that Android talk is irrelevant in an apple THREAD. Thats my ultimate point I'm trying to stress

Last edited:
Man I just need 1 128gb (or 64) and then another base model and ill be satisfied. these iphone 4s i have are so wack man. they free and reboot on their own now its so inconvenient when i need it the most :smh:

what on earth do you need 128gb for? :wow:

you need to hit up the apple store and get a new phone, you are easily still under warranty im sure.

music, apps, videos recorded, photos taken all add up bruh.
i'm currently on a 32gb iphone 4 (main) and its up to capacity with my photos, go to music, photos and video and large apps such as tom tom, my other phone is strictly calls and texts.

both my phones are out of warranty, i'm gonna go to apple and try to get em swapped out for refurbs as soon as the new iphone gets announced, the homie said i can use his upgrade(doesnt feel like paying for a new phone) & hes on a 3GS so ima give him one of my iphones for letting me us that.

can't wait for that unveiling, i will be preordering my phone this year unlike last time.

you might get lucky, my buddy bought a used iphone 4, it had some problems. this weekend he went to the apple store and without hesitation they gave him a new iphone 4.

it all depends on whos working i guess, they could hassle you about warranty or they might be cool and give you one.

does ios have a gmail app yet... i think the gmail app and turn by turn navi would be dope to have, knowing they probably will stick to the boring app tile interface since 07

but a legit gmail app and turn by turn navi will probably be all i need to switch. and a 4" screen

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Hardware iphone 5:
- Bigger screen
- LTE World wide phone

- New headphones
- Headphone jack at the bottom
- New dock connector
- New unibody milled from a solid block, thinner, lighter, stronger
- Center positioned front facing cam
- Better speakers
- nano sim

Software Ios6:
- siri ported to ipads

- twitter integration?

headphone jack at the bottom? Really? Is this really one of the new features to be talked about? I have a Nexus S 4G which comes with the headphone jack on the bottom, but im sure nobody gave a damn or talked about it when Samsung did this. Now that Apple is doing it everyone feels like its one of the main attractions of the phone.

New Headphones? Last time I checked every last Samsung Android phone that i have purchased in the past has came with better and improved headphones.

iOS6? I should be getting Jellybean 4.1 any day now on Sprint.

4G? Been there done that.

Center front face camera? Ok....

New Maps with turn by turn? Again, been there done that.

Bigger Screen? Currently have a 4" on my Nexus S

These are just some of the things that apperantly will make this such a GREAT phone? IMO No thank you. Ill just continue to Remove music from my phone whenever i want with no computer, rename and edit music tags with no computer, download any song or album straight from my phone with no computer, edit album covers with no computer, stream all my music from home using google play, backup and sync all my stuff using google, ill continue to download FREE paid apps without having to be rooted or jailbroken and ill also continue to play sega, psx, nes and snes emulators on my phone.

Also notice that not many of those things require super fast processors in order to take advantage of all the great things Android has over the iOS.

Last edited:
I haven't used a GS2, or any Android phone after the EVO (Which wasn't even mine, I just used it as a temp phone after my iPhone got washed in the laundry)
And thats just my point fam, I haven't ever needed to try any other new phone because the iPhone has been THAT reliable.
There is no reason for me to ever switch from the iPhone right now. Apple hasn't done anything wrong. Switching over just to see what Android is like would be not only a waste of money, but a waste of time as well.
Unlike so many others who buy new phones quarterly/ bi-quarterly, I know what phone I like and I stick with it.
There would be no point in seeing if an Android phone can be just as fast as an iPhone to me, because at the end of the day, the point I'm trying to make is; if the phone is fast, the phone is fast. The iPhone is a fast phone, and realistically all these phones do the same damn thing. Which is why I don't see why people always go back and forth about "Android this" and "iPhone that".
Just get one. But if you do get and Android because it has more theme flexibility, don't turn around and theme it to look like an iPhone. Like, what kind of **** is that?
And this is my 2nd point. I'm not taking away from what Android users can do with their phones and the reasons why they get them. It is all personal preference, BUT this is an Apple thread...
For the life of me, I don't EVER understand why dudes always come into Apple threads talking about Androids. Its just like those PS3/Xbox bastards.
And we all know that the iPhone is much more than just a bare bone phone that just works. You say that as if Android isn't iOS' understudy who gets all of his hand me down apps.
You guys take this Android/iOS thing and turn it into this "we're better because..." type of thing just because some manufacturer slaps some mildly impressive spec numbers online and you start to think its the fastest **** ever.
The **** STILL isn't as fast as my computer, so in the end, it ain't **** to get me excited. I can't do hardly ANYTHING on a phone besides surf the web, run apps, and call/text, so they are STILL stupid reasons for one to be better than another.
So in the end, all that Android talk is irrelevant in an apple THREAD. Thats my ultimate point I'm trying to stress
Steve, is that you?

I can picture his ***** beating his chest with one hand and typing with the other. You sound hurt... and really stressed about this. You the same ***** that was giving me ******** in the iPhone thread when I left for Android.

:rolleyes

A lot of real life in that post, son is PISSED at Android and it's army, :rofl:

Exactly.  That's why we got separate threads.  That's like going into a Black/Latina/White Women thread and posting pics of different races of women and saying how they're better or vice versa.  Just buy what you like, and talk about Apple in an Apple thread and Android in an Android thread. 
does ios have a gmail app yet... i think the gmail app and turn by turn navi would be dope to have, knowing they probably will stick to the boring app tile interface since 07

but a legit gmail app and turn by turn navi will probably be all i need to switch. and a 4" screen
iOS has had a GMAIL app for months. 

Last edited:
headphone jack at the bottom? Really? Is this really one of the new features to be talked about? I have a Nexus S 4G which comes with the headphone jack on the bottom, but im sure nobody gave a damn or talked about it when Samsung did this. Now that Apple is doing it everyone feels like its one of the main attractions of the phone.
New Headphones? Last time I checked every last Samsung Android phone that i have purchased in the past has came with better and improved headphones.
iOS6? I should be getting Jellybean 4.1 any day now on Sprint.
4G? Been there done that.
Center front face camera? Ok....
New Maps with turn by turn? Again, been there done that.
Bigger Screen? Currently have a 4" on my Nexus S
These are just some of the things that apperantly will make this such a GREAT phone? IMO No thank you. Ill just continue to Remove music from my phone whenever i want with no computer, rename and edit music tags with no computer, download any song or album straight from my phone with no computer, edit album covers with no computer, stream all my music from home using google play, backup and sync all my stuff using google, ill continue to download FREE paid apps without having to be rooted or jailbroken and ill also continue to play sega, psx, nes and snes emulators on my phone.
Also notice that not many of those things require super fast processors in order to take advantage of all the great things Android has over the iOS.

Did you even read the original post? or are you just coming in here to argue with someone who was merely asking for clarification about speculation. :lol:

You dudes in here arguing are ridiculous. Do yall really care what someone else is buying? At the end of the day it all comes down to personal preference.

Last edited:
You guys seriously can't help yourselves can you? :smh:

This fanboy war will never end. There is no best phone, only the best phone for yourself.

Back
Top Bottom