Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

^I might do the same since my girl always has my iPad 2. Anyone know how much I could get for my 16gig 4s on Verizon :nerd:

mini-120911-4-660x495.jpg

That is the issue though. I have gone back and forth between Android and Apple, and I can say that yes Android has had most features before the iPhone gets them in the past.

What gets people is the execution of said features. Normally things are more polished and "professional" looking with iOS. That and things just work out of the box for the general public.

Also, even though the 4s took a hit on this from the 4, but the battery life is normally better with Apple than with Android (unless you have the Razr Maxx or something).

One other issue that people have, and I also can say is annoying, is the volume of phones that Android pumps out. They don't like putting out $200+ for a phone, only for 6 months later, there are 5 other phones that are better than it, and it is not in line to get the future OS upgrade. Apple has a 2 year old phone with the same OS as the phone put out last year. There are phones made last year that are not even getting the new Jellybean update right now and probably won't get it.

Like I said, I like the customization of Android, the "openness" of rooting the phones and getting stuff places like XDA forums, etc, the larger screens, the widgets/theme customization. That is one of the reasons I got rid of my 4s. I wanted a larger screen and no matter what different themes i got from Cydia, it is still just a row of icons; no widgets, news feeds, or anything.

When it comes to the final polished product (hardware and software), a wide array of supported 3rd party products, not having to worry about the value of your phone within 4-6 months, and battery life (IMO)...Android still has a ways to go. They are catching up and 4.0/4.1 is nice, but it is hard to get people to leave an entire eco-system to another one at this point.

i never understand why people on the board come into these topics to clown people for wanting to buy the products mentioned ..... calling them fanboys and what have you.

doesn't nike make a shoe, put a swoosh on it... and a lot of you buy and re-buy... spend 100's of dollars on a shoe you barely even wear. it is really no different.

some of you cats have 2 and 3 pairs of the same shoe, just to have it, look at it, not even wear it or wear it a few times and then it sits because you have 100+ more pairs you need to make time to rock. pay double and triple the price of the shoe, just to have it in the collection.

apple is a business, their job is to make products, update/revise them how they see fit. does not matter the time frame, you have a right not to buy it...but why clown people who do?

you like the air max 1, by all means buy it in every color, get what you like. i see nothing wrong with it. if you got the bread, bills paid up, you not living at home with your mama still and trying to stunt.

people like apple products, they release a phone they use every single day once a year, people copp it yearly. i see nothing wrong with it.

for me personally i have always sold my old iphone and used that money to buy the new phone. jailbreaking and or unlocking them before doing do has made me break even or make a $100 or so extra.

Last edited:
ATT is unlocking iPhones by filling out a simple form on their website.

General eligibility requirements for unlocking iPhone:

AT&T will unlock an iPhone under the following circumstances:
The person requesting the unlock is:
A current AT&T customer.
A former AT&T customer who can provide the phone number or account number for the account.
The iPhone was designed for use on the AT&T network.
All contract obligations, including any term commitment, associated with the device to be unlocked have been fully satisfied.
The iPhone has not been reported lost or stolen.

I filled out this form yesterday, ATT contacted me promptly letting me know they received my request and will email me with in 5-7 days and let me know the result.

This is good news if you are planning on selling your current phone before renewing your contract when the 5 drops. You can get more money for an unlocked iPhone.

Here is the link to request an unlock for ATT iPhones:

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

IamYourFather

Turn by turn navi is in iOS 6, I have been running it on my 4s for a couple months.

They re did maps and worked with TomTom this go round.

You can get turn by turn in the lock screen, even with a screen that is asleep, Siri will still read out where you need to make your turns.

Maps is my favorite update in the new OS, its been far overdue them updating it.

Also the share widget in the notification center is a nice touch, you can post to Facebook and Twitter within the notification screen. Also you can post to Facebook or twitter via Siri.

Last edited:

A current AT&T customer.
A former AT&T customer who can provide the phone number or account number for the account.
All contract obligations, including any term commitment, associated with the device to be unlocked have been fully satisfied.

I filled out this form yesterday, ATT contacted me promptly letting me know they received my request and will email me with in 5-7 days and let me know the result.

This is good news if you are planning on selling your current phone before renewing your contract when the 5 drops. You can get more money for an unlocked iPhone.

who wants to help me out? i have a ATT iphone but was never on ATT :frown:

Apple's marketing is great.
they keep selling people the same phone over and over :lol:

They're pulling a Jordan Brand on everyone. :lol:

That is the issue though. I have gone back and forth between Android and Apple, and I can say that yes Android has had most features before the iPhone gets them in the past.
What gets people is the execution of said features. Normally things are more polished and "professional" looking with iOS. That and things just work out of the box for the general public.
Also, even though the 4s took a hit on this from the 4, but the battery life is normally better with Apple than with Android (unless you have the Razr Maxx or something).
One other issue that people have, and I also can say is annoying, is the volume of phones that Android pumps out. They don't like putting out $200+ for a phone, only for 6 months later, there are 5 other phones that are better than it, and it is not in line to get the future OS upgrade. Apple has a 2 year old phone with the same OS as the phone put out last year. There are phones made last year that are not even getting the new Jellybean update right now and probably won't get it.
Like I said, I like the customization of Android, the "openness" of rooting the phones and getting stuff places like XDA forums, etc, the larger screens, the widgets/theme customization. That is one of the reasons I got rid of my 4s. I wanted a larger screen and no matter what different themes i got from Cydia, it is still just a row of icons; no widgets, news feeds, or anything.
When it comes to the final polished product (hardware and software), a wide array of supported 3rd party products, not having to worry about the value of your phone within 4-6 months, and battery life (IMO)...Android still has a ways to go. They are catching up and 4.0/4.1 is nice, but it is hard to get people to leave an entire eco-system to another one at this point.

Great points. :smokin

-Drew

Who said this?

Does tmobile use nano sims?

I heard that tmobile is going to start selling used unlocked iphones.

I wonder if they'll be selling used iphone 4ss or 5s.

I also wonder if they'll sell new 4ss.

edit:

I wonder when an iphone will be released on tmobile.

I'm still using a 3gs.

Last edited:
So no IPhone announcement tomorrow?

Read it wrong, no TMobile announcement. Gotcha.

Last edited:
A current AT&T customer.

Filled it out as well yesterday, hopefully i get the email soon with the unlock process. i plan on selling my 32 gb iphone 4 whenever i get it unlocked. I'm not signing anymore two year contracts though, buying an unlocked phone and going with t-mobile pay as you go. I'll be saving so much money monthly and i won't be tied into any contracts.

Back
Top Bottom