Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

its gonna be anticlimatic for the tech savy folks imo but itll still be the best selling phone of all time.
Some analysts said it's actually going to boost the economy and sell like 60 million units or some crazy number like that.

:lol: @ your avy. Gooby pls is my favorite meme at the moment. There was a time traveling one that was really messed up but funny.

its gonna be anticlimatic for the tech savy folks imo but itll still be the best selling phone of all time.
It's always anticlimactic for the tech savvy folks because tech savvy folks are NEVER fully impressed with anything.  Most of the time, they're downright snobby.  Short of the new iPhone reading their minds before they touch the screen, they'll downplay every improvement.  They tried to downplay Siri last time.

I think what needs to be understood by everyone is that this is just the next generation of a phone.  It isn't the next species of phone.  People let expectations (which are always unrealistic) be their guides and it leads them to disappointment.

Ok, just making sure that he was talking about the same thing. Cause he mentioned "download" on to phone.
Google Music is just streaming right?

It will stream but you can also download songs from the cloud to your phone for offline listening.

Apple will again have another chance to impress me. I'm open to switching up from my Nexus S to an iPhone but it's gotta compete with other Android phones (S3, One X, new Nexus). I've got school and work all day today so I won't be reading up too much on it.

Its game day folks.

Prediction:
Industry leading processor & gpu (for on market items no vaporware)
larger display
hopefully siri 2
hopefully e-wallet competitor
a slightly weaker camera than pureview

Looks like the Apple store is temporarily offline until the announcement(s) today . . . http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/12/apple-store-goes-down-ahead-of-iphone-announcement/

Last edited:
Can't wait to see what they have up their sleeves! I'm expecting significant changes from the Iphone 4S.

This is probably going to be one of the biggest design change from every iPhone that had ever came out. Even the first generation iPhone is similar to the iPhone 4s (visual not software and specs)

I think apple is changing it up and adding multiple new features.

Most people say that apple is behind te technology. This is true to a point, but when apple does something it's mostly 100% right.

Sums it up for me, so a 4 inch screen & 4g service that BASE model Androids have had for years is
Revolutionary? Heh.
Hardware isn't everything. True 4G (4G LTE) hasn't been available in most areas until this past year. What's the point in advertising a technology that most of the country can't use.

The main draw for iPhone is iOS. And let's face it, iOS>>Android. The first Android OS used iOS as a model.

People say that Android allows more customization and what not. Once you jailbreak an iPhone, it's not even close. Apple wins hands down

It will stream but you can also download songs from the cloud to your phone for offline listening.
Apple will again have another chance to impress me. I'm open to switching up from my Nexus S to an iPhone but it's gotta compete with other Android phones (S3, One X, new Nexus). I've got school and work all day today so I won't be reading up too much on it.

Your nexus will be the exact same size as the 5.
Just with retina and i0S6 and more ish.

Can't wait :smokin

Oh that's probably when they are going to start blogging. They normally do "pre-blog" about getting hyped for the event, their seats, atmosphere there, etc...

Back
Top Bottom