Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

i'm an avid iphone user but i have a feeling this phone will less revolutionary and more of a iphone 4S+

Hardware isn't everything. True 4G (4G LTE) hasn't been available in most areas until this past year. What's the point in advertising a technology that most of the country can't use.

The main draw for iPhone is iOS. And let's face it, iOS>>Android. The first Android OS used iOS as a model.

People say that Android allows more customization and what not. Once you jailbreak an iPhone, it's not even close. Apple wins hands down
If you allow the iPhone the courtesy of a jailbreak, then you gotta allow Android the courtesy of a root. THEN it's not even close.

its gonna be anticlimatic for the tech savy folks imo but itll still be the best selling phone of all time.
If you have an internet connection and know how to use search, than its obviously gonna be anticlimactic.

We all know (been knowing) what the iPhone 5 will look like, we know iOS6 is on deck, and many people are using the beta as we speak. It's going to run a custom version of the A5 from the iPad 2. New iTunes (obviously). That cool Apple montage video they play mid presentation. The only thing that's left is, well, raw numbers and stats to stroke the company ego?

If you allow the iPhone the courtesy of a jailbreak, then you gotta allow Android the courtesy of a root. THEN it's not even close.
Please, 90% of the people who try rooting their phone end up messing up the software beyond use. That's where the iPhone prevails yet again, simplicity. Customizing your phone with a jailbreak is so much easier then customizing it with a root.

I wonder how many people who are on either side of the fence have actually TRIED both Android and iOS

Also, I wonder if iOS 6 will become available right after the presentation
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Sums it up for me, so a 4 inch screen
Hardware isn't everything. True 4G (4G LTE) hasn't been available in most areas until this past year. What's the point in advertising a technology that most of the country can't use.

The main draw for iPhone is iOS. And let's face it, iOS>>Android. The first Android OS used iOS as a model.

People say that Android allows more customization and what not. Once you jailbreak an iPhone, it's not even close. Apple wins hands down

but you've got to jailbreak it. To my knowledge, which isn't much, thats not exactly an iPhone anymore.

but you've got to jailbreak it. To my knowledge, which isn't much, thats not exactly an iPhone anymore.
In that case:

A Jailbroken iPhone >>> A Rooted Android

A lot of people are afraid to jailbreak their phone because they don't want to break it. It's pretty much impossible to brick your phone through jailbreak as there is ALWAYS a way to reset it. Also, jailbreaking is as simple as following a set of instructions and waiting 5 minutes

Last edited:
For some odd reason I feel this isn't going to be as big as the media is bolstering it. It never is, whatever "it" is. :lol:

In that case:

A lot of people are afraid to jailbreak their phone because they don't want to break it. It's pretty much impossible to brick your phone through jailbreak as there is ALWAYS a way to reset it. Also, jailbreaking is as simple as following a set of instructions and waiting 5 minutes

:smokin

I understand it is all platform preference. But summerboard on my iphone4s can mimic almost all andriod themes. I have andriod unlock on my iphone because i think its a great idea. I have a weather widget on my home screen like andriod because i like the idea. It just allows you to take what you want and still be within the trusted iOS platform. And sadly i can't use an iphone without BiteSMS quick reply. Free hotspot is nice too, comes in handy.

30 mins til it starts. I will be watching on Gizmodo live blog.

smokin.gif

I understand it is all platform preference. But summerboard on my iphone4s can mimic almost all andriod themes. I have andriod unlock on my iphone because i think its a great idea. I have a weather widget on my home screen like andriod because i like the idea. It just allows you to take what you want and still be within the trusted iOS platform. And sadly i can't use an iphone without BiteSMS quick reply. Free hotspot is nice too, comes in handy.
30 mins til it starts. I will be watching on Gizmodo live blog.
This x 1000. With rooting you have to download packages and a lot of stuff that you don't want. Jailbreaking allows you to nit pick exactly what features you want

Dude, its just a personal preference thing. When you root an android phone, you can take customization far beyond even a jailbroken iphone (I'd know, I've had both). I don't see the point in making definitive statements about this OS being better than the other b/c at the end of the day there is no right or wrong answer. iOS is great and does some things better than android and vice versa People are in here defending their phones like they're a part of Apple or Google or Samsung.

Please, 90% of the people who try rooting their phone end up messing up the software beyond use. That's where the iPhone prevails yet again, simplicity. Customizing your phone with a jailbreak is so much easier then customizing it with a root.

I wonder how many people who are on either side of the fence have actually TRIED both Android and iOS

Also, I wonder if iOS 6 will become available right after the presentation :nerd:
This is the reason why Android heads come in here... when you make BOGUS statements like that, why wouldn't they?

One-click root... ONE click. Less than 2 mins to root, done. Also you don't need root to customize a Android. A stock Android is MORE customizable than a stock iPhone. A rooted / unlock, hell... one-click superCID Android is more customizable than a jailbroken iPhone.

I have owned both OS's, currently reside on Android OS 4.1.1 Jellybean on my HTC One X and getting an iPhone 5 for my job (I design apps).

Last edited:
Dude, its just a personal preference thing. When you root an android phone, you can take customization far beyond even a jailbroken iphone (I'd know, I've had both). I don't see the point in making definitive statements about this OS being better than the other b/c at the end of the day there is no right or wrong answer. iOS is great and does some things better than android and vice versa People are in here defending their phones like they're a part of Apple or Google or Samsung.
Yeah, you're right it is a personal preference.

But I'm defending Apple because dudes are coming in here talking about Android in an APPLE THREAD. Makes no sense

In that case:

:lol:
please explain how? you're talking out of your *** right now.

As an Androidian I Love apple products, iPhone themes, etc...but how you gone let Android fans come in here and get you upset.

Last edited:
Rooting is not even complicated.

For real... this dude just said 90% of users brick their phone after trying to root it :rofl:

Dude you know the numbers for Android installed user base compared to iOS... you really think that 90% of users have bricked phones or have bricked their phones.

I'm pretty sure there would be an uproar about it like Xbox360 RROD or PS3's YLOD :lol:

Now you're just talking out your ****.

90%... oh man I needed a good laugh for the morning... thank you!

Just so you know... these days it's near impossible to brick your phone completely with Android... in the event you do... you can reset it back just like you're praising your beloved iPhone does.

This is the reason why Android heads come in here... when you make BOGUS statements like that, why wouldn't they?
One-click root... ONE click. Less than 2 mins to root, done. Also you don't need root to customize a Android. A stock Android is MORE customizable than a stock iPhone. A rooted / unlock, hell... one-click superCID Android is more customizable than a jailbroken iPhone.
I have owned both OS's, currently reside on Android OS 4.1.1 Jellybean on my HTC One X and getting an iPhone 5 for my job (I design apps).
Tell that to my old roommate who tried rooting his phone and messed it up to the point where he couldn't even make calls.

Not defending just giving our opinions. I love reading about what each phone is capable of honestly its awesome to hear from others that know what they are doing. Because 98% of society wants their phone to text, call, surf web, take pictures. And they don't care really about much else. Like how many apps are on a scree how it transitions page to page how to get free apps how to theme your carrier icon.

And honestly i am bored with my jailbroken iphone. If iphone 5 isn't jailbreakable in a normal time period im thinking of trying Windows phone 8....(before i prob end up back at iphone for iphone 6 lol)

Yessir, I'm really talking outta my *** right now. I've only had a 3G, 3GS, 4S, the first Galaxy, and Charge. So yeah, I have NO idea what I'm talking about.

And obviously 90% was an exaggeration just to prove my point. Some of you guys look too literally into things

A lot of the dudes who love Android love it because they want to be "different" from everyone else with an iPhone. And a lot of people who love the iPhone love it because it's an Apple Product. Blind allegiance, it goes both ways. I'm just saying that, an opinion isn't credible unless you have tried out both platforms and taken both to their limits in terms of their customization

Last edited:

Word..
This is my phone UNROOTED BONE STOCK..

Let's see if iPhone can do anything close to that out da box. :nerd:

Tell that to my old roommate who tried rooting his phone and messed it up to the point where he couldn't even make calls.

I have to admit, NOWADAYS it IS more complicated in rooting your Android phone (depending on which kind it is).

This x 1000. With rooting you have to download packages and a lot of stuff that you don't want. Jailbreaking allows you to nit pick exactly what features you want
More lies :rofl:

You quoted the part were he put iOS is more reliable than Android, but did not mention anything bout the fact dude is using a bunch of Android specific items on his iPhone. Cute. Next, with rooting you don't download packages, you download one, 1, uno, get it? Nothing else is added on, no spam, spyware or 'stuff that you don't want'. With a rooted / unlocked Android you can 'nit pick exactly what features you want' too.

Who is this bum? Who told him lying on the internet was cool :x

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom