Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

So whats up with the cases im tryna get a iphone 5 gameboy case or something gimmicky but reliable like that

Well, they could've put features in the phone that should have already been in there.

Them not including NFC at all in the phone just totally swayed me from copping.

I also hate the fact that they removed google maps and youtube. :smh:

-Drew

Google maps and youtube...:smh:

youtube app was trash, how do you guys not understand that. worst app ever

SRS

So if I'm on a family plan with about 7 phones, and my upgrade is the day after thanksgiving. If I call and give em a hard time and say I might switch providers you think they give me the 2 month bump in upgrade??

Who are you with? If Verizon then No. Its part of Apples contract that the carrier cant do any extra discounting that isnt part of a nationwide promo. If you call your customer service they will offer you probably every Android product, but not the iPhone.

The only thing I'm really interested in is the A6 SoC, it's been reported to have A15 cores, which would make it the first. Other than that, I'm underwhelmed.

And dudes really that butt hurt over NFC? LOL, like damn theres not even much out thats cool thats using NFC. Heck just wait for the 5s it will be Quad Core and have NFC and prob 12 or 13 mp camera lol

youtube app was trash, how do you guys not understand that. worst app ever
SRS

Agreed. The new Youtube app from the app store is already better and runs pretty smooth. And the fact that the old app had no Facebook share was rediculous. That was one of the primary reasons that people use Youtube.

The new youtube app that just came out a couple of days ago is already better than the apple one we've had. So no big deal as far as apple removing the stock one.

watched the iphone 5 presentation just to see what the hype is about and its the same ol over rated garbage

in after you sheeps eat this up :lol:

really wasn't planning on getting the 5 since i have the 4s, but my wife has been so kind as to give me her upgrade. now, i'm actually pretty excited to get one.

I'm updating regardless cuz my iPhone 4 is ancient but if I had a 4S i'd hold off, I'd be disappointed there wasn't any major feature the 5 has over the 4S that iOS 6 isn't already bringing

ah well, proceed with the banter

When I copped my GS3 I was grandfathered in with my unlimited plan and it's a 4g phone.. I don't see why it would be any different with the iPhone.. if it is, that's so dummmmb
lemme make this clear for everyone cuz I see many people asking...

You CAN keep any plan when upgrading ...

Unlimited grandfathered... I see it all the time...

What people don't know is that it is indeed unlimited ...

But they WILL THROTTLE YOU AFTER 3 GB IF YOU HAVE A 4G LTE PHONE.

again... it is still unlimited ... but you will get EDGE speeds.

I was thinking about jumping back into the Apple ecosystem after spending some time with my girls MacBook and having good experiences in the past with the 3GS and iPhone 4 but the 5 is looking like pure trash.

This is definitely a step back for apple. The GS3 was released months ago and its still far superior to the 5. There is nothing new here. Nothing innovative. Nothing class leading.

They just gave y'all some glossy mockup pics of a stretched out 4S, a bunch of buzz words and a slap on the back.

I can't support a company that plays consumers like this. I understand incrementalism in consumer electronics but this is ridiculous.

Microsoft and Google and doing all types of revolutionary stuff with their mobile ecosystems and Apple gives you an extra row of icons and adds .5 inches of screen real estate on last years device and you dudes eat it up.

To each his own but I'm not boarding this hype train.

Apple's best days are definitely behind it.

Last edited:
Sprint Vs. ATT Vs. Verizon

for 4 lines on a family plan. I'm thinking about Sprint, any reasons not to? LTE is live in Houston where I stay also.

I was thinking about jumping back into the Apple ecosystem after spending some time with my girls MacBook and having good experiences in the past with the 3GS and iPhone 4 but the 5 is looking like pure trash.
This is definitely a step back for apple. The GS3 was released months ago and its still far superior to the 5. There is nothing new here. Nothing innovative. Nothing class leading.
They just gave y'all some glossy mockup pics of a stretched out 4S, a bunch of buzz words and a slap on the back.
I can't support a company that plays consumers like this. I understand incrementalism in consumer electronics but this is ridiculous.
Microsoft and Google and doing all types of revolutionary stuff with their mobile ecosystems and Apple gives you an extra row of icons and adds .5 inches of screen real estate on last years device and you dudes eat it up.
To each his own but I'm not boarding this hype train.
Apple's best days are definitely behind it.

bro only thing different between this and the GS3 is the screen size, what are you talking about? And you are acting like the iphone 5 was created last month where apple can be like "oh snap the GS3 has this so lemme go ahead and do that" iPhone 5 been in dev since last yr, same with GS3, and they both came out as being 4g Dual Core phones.

The new youtube app that just came out a couple of days ago is already better than the apple one we've had. So no big deal as far as apple removing the stock one.
Oh word? 

I need to peep this.

Hopefully google's gmail app is on point too.

Maps hasn't been that bad honestly. I just hope that google offers a full featured one as well.

I'm running iOS 6 right now, the Gold Master version. Everything seems to be going well.

EDIT: Yo. this Youtube app is slick as HELL. Damn. Google was right to finally work on their own app. I couldn't ask for a better app. Well done Google. 

Last edited:
Financi
Sprint Vs. ATT Vs. Verizon
for 4 lines on a family plan. I'm thinking about Sprint, any reasons not to? LTE is live in Houston where I stay also.
money wise, sprint always wins.

Their prices just plain beat every one else's.

Service wise, it might not be the same...

Verizon > ATT > Sprint in terms of coverage and speed ...

I'm not sure if sprint offers FAN discounts like ATT ...

4 lines sharing 10 gb of data with unlimited talk and text is $240 plus tax on ATT

You can add a tablet to pull from the pool of data for $10 and use the upgrade from it as well.

If you work for a big company, tell them and it will apply to the data...

I guess fan boys are disappointed because Apple rarely releases new phones, so to release something that Android has already been doing for the past year is overall underwhelming. lol
Lol trueee. I was reading some of the features like taking a photo while filming a video and was like...
laugh.gif
.....my phone already does that and it come out in June.

For those complaining about iphone 5 being overrated, what were you expecting? Apple is the top dog in smartphones. Why do you expect them to reinvent the wheel. They made major updates to there OS. The turn by turn navigation was a punch in the balls to Android. That was a major hole in iOS.

There was nothing wrong with the current 4S as shown by its insane sales.

bro only thing different between this and the GS3 is the screen size, what are you talking about? And you are acting like the iphone 5 was created last month where apple can be like "oh snap the GS3 has this so lemme go ahead and do that" iPhone 5 been in dev since last yr, same with GS3, and they both came out as being 4g Dual Core phones.

Exactly.

Its been in development for this long and this is the best they could do?

GS3 has true multitasking, you can watch a video in one screen and browse NT in another. In terms of productivity, that alone puts it in another category. It also has 2X the RAM of iPhone5, the Lumia has a better screen, camera and map platform. The Note II is on another level entirely.

Whats is innovative about this phone, what is class leading?...the shiny new apple logo?

Can't be mad at how people choose to spend their money or follow trends but it is more than disappointing to see an industry leader like apple keep rehashing old products and being behind the tech curve simply because they know people will buy whatever they put out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom