Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

After being on hold with ATT I was they were able to fix the problem..Didnt expect to go through a number of run-around sin order to receive this new Iphone

It's not deep enough to warrant an ignore.

I've only used the ignore feature on two idiots.

The breaking point is thinking imaginary rings are > actual ones.

Choosing between white and back was a hell of a decision to have to make.

I seriously changed my mind five times with the Best Buy rep this morning. Dude wasn't phased though. He even said he liked the "murder black", but was going with the silver aluminum backing of the white. Needless to say he made my decision that much harder. But that all black is just untouchable IMO.

I'll save the white for the iPad.

Last edited:
Quick question,

My current phone (Epic 4g) has warranty that I pay $4.99 a month for. Can I do the same with Iphone or does it have to be APPLE CARE?

I've seen a lot of people going back to an old phone because they've messed their Iphone up. I need ACCIDENTAL warranty on my phone along with my wife's phone.

I need help
I have had the iPhone since the 1st one so my plan is the what they called "grandfarthere'd" or soemthing like that......I have unlimited everything for a low price that they dont offer on iphone any more but when I went to pre order at AT&T online it said it will have to add $35 to my bill.....Im eligible for a full upgrade so why isnt my plan the same? I have had the same plan and price never changed even tho I have had the 1st Iphone, the 3, the 3G and the 4 I skipped the 4S to get the 5 and now its saying this crap! Im not trying to lose my cheap iphone plan to get these new restricted data iphone plans
I was thinking I should just wait until the phone is in the store and head to AT&T and have them work it all out in person
I think its just a one time upgrade fee.... atleast I hope so lol

I was thinking I should just wait until the phone is in the store and head to AT&T and have them work it all out in person
Why don't you just go to the store now and pre-order it and see if you can keep your grandfather'ed plan? Or call customer service and try to order that way.

My current phone (Epic 4g) has warranty that I pay $4.99 a month for. Can I do the same with Iphone or does it have to be APPLE CARE?

at least for Verizon, you can get extended warranty / asurion / whatever IN ADDITION to applecare . . . i believe they both have different things that they cover and not the same coverage. seems like overkill to have both though. I think apple care is the better deal for $99 for 2 years (as opposed to paying the carrier's extended warranty every month for 2 years).

Last edited:
verizon rep told me I would have to activate the phone on the line it was ordered on before switching it to a different phone number..

If i tried to activate it straight to my number they would charge me full price..

Went into AT&T and got mine ordered (black 16 gig). Said it could take up to 14-21 business days after the launch, but he said the people who usually pre-order gets it the first day. And they couldn't ship it out to any other address since there have been complaints on people either missing or late arrival so I have to pick it up at the store.

Last edited:
verizon rep told me I would have to activate the phone on the line it was ordered on before switching it to a different phone number..
If i tried to activate it straight to my number they would charge me full price..

Blatant lie they told you. You pre-ordered on the phone? If you logged online, there is an option to transfer your upgrade to another line on your account. That is what I am doing. So I will use this upgrade and my current line's upgrade will go to the other line which is for next June. I will have it ready for the 5s too I guess :smh::rofl:

Also,you need to make sure they don't do any crazy mess with your warranty at that point. Sometimes they will void your 1 year included warranty when you transfer the phone to another line even when your account. Will make you go straight to the Asurion insurance claim and say this is not the line the phone was purchased on so it is not valid.

box.... two is not a bunch. lol

just gave the info i was given to try and help others.

i am still calling back to make sure they don't screw me on my unlimited data. i don't trust those clowns period.

hope everyone got what they wanted, and it went smoothly.

now i need to get my shipping situation figured out, my friend was telling me you can do a online sig or something like that for the phone delivery.

i won't be home, and may not be able to get to work on the 21st to pick it up either.. i will make it to work to pick it up, had some other stuff going on... i will make it work.

Last edited:
Quick question,
I've seen a lot of people going back to an old phone because they've messed their Iphone up. I need ACCIDENTAL warranty on my phone along with my wife's phone.

Not sure about the VZW insurance for Apple products, but I prefer the Best Buy "Black Tie Protection" insurance now. It is a little more at $12.99 (that or $14.99 can't remember), but it covers everything except lost & stolen phones. It is unlimited on the # of claims you can have (some only give you 2 or 3 times to use it), and they are brand new from their inventory and not factory replaced refurbs that Asurion and the other insurances give you. The best thing I like about it is that there is no/none/0/zilch for a deductible. Just walk in with a water damaged/dropped/ shredded/cracked/etc phone and they turn around slide the drawer open and give you another one right there in store....no next day waiting or anything.

now i need to get my shipping situation figured out, my friend was telling me you can do a online sig or something like that for the phone delivery.

i won't be home, and may not be able to get to work on the 21st to pick it up either..
I think my Verizon and Apple deliveries are always by FedEx. On the shipping emails or tracking page they sometimes provide an option to print something out that you sign and tape to your door.

If your in SF you should be fine.
I have sprint and I mean I don't get te best service unless I'm in the LA area.
I get the circle at top quite a bit.
I'm in the San Fernando area.

I think my Verizon and Apple deliveries are always by FedEx. On the shipping emails or tracking page they sometimes provide an option to print something out that you sign and tape to your door.

That or if it is close enough to go to the store, you can setup to hold at the FedEx store and you just grab it from there. That's what I do when I surprise the fiance with stuff sometimes since she gets home before me some days.

Ok let me school you vzw cats who want to keep their unlimited.

I'm going to assume you are on a family plan where add a lines are 9.99, this won't work if you only have one line being that family min plans aren't available anymore if you didn't already have one.

What you need to do is go ahead and cop a dummy phone off eBay cheapest one you can find.

Next go to vzw in the store would be best but you can order it online or whatever, and say you want to add A line to your account. After a line is added tell the rep you want to swap ESNs/IMEIs, tell them you have a flip phone your gonna give to your grandmother and you want that on your new line, and tell them to put the iPhone on your line. Now you have the iPhone 5 and still have unlimited. Yea your bill goes up 10 dollars a month but you prob woulda spent 10 bucks at Micky ds anyways.

Next thing you want to do is make sure they put Total equipment coverage on your line if you didn't all ready have it because when you change ESNs you don't have a warranty anymore because the system can see where you got the phone when it's active on your line even though you got it straight from vzw. So add TEC or you can say forget it, but don't expect vzw to help you if your phone screws up even if it's 3 weeks old.

Your first bill will be a little higher cause of the activation fee but you would have paid an upgrade fee anyways so it don't matter, and the new line will be prorated, soothe closer you are to your bill cycle the lower the proration will be.

VZW reps do this all the time to help customers out and help themselves meet their activation quotas, but just tell the grandma story so they can cover their butts, cause a lot of store managers trip on it. As with that extra line you have you can either cancel it after 2 yrs or keep it as an "upgrade" line so now you can get an upgrade every yr since you will have one and the dummy line will have one. This is what I do.

Back
Top Bottom