Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

Just came back from bestbuy,
The line was short but these suckas were working slow. You had to go to one cashier to PRE-ORDER. After that they send you to another person to get down the same info you gave the first cashier. Whole bunch of nonsense.
Someone please help, is 16gb gonna be good for me? I broke my ipod so Im gonna use the phone as an ipod too. I usually download mixes I make to study. Mixes are about 40 to 60 minutes long. And also download a whole bunch of new music to study as well. Someone told me just get Icloud and I'll be good. Is that true?

I don't think icould stores your music

Mike ...

I will say this, for me... it was not about being left amazed and spellbound on this release.

it was about getting that bigger screen and that LTE.

i was not expecting much more with this release, they did exactly what I knew they would.

We all know how Apple works, yes they refresh the products frequently. Some people say well "there they go, they get you again, with the same pieces that don't have enough updates to really justify yet another update and so soon"

This is no secret that is how Apple operates though. They add a few more things, each time. I like this because if I don't like the changes they have made, I know the time frame won't be to long before I am presented with another option to purchase a device which I may like better. I am good with that type of movement from a company which I enjoy their products. Yes we all know they could offer more, but they don't, they give you a little at a time, they are like that with their entire catalog. They have been that way for years.

I don't have an issue with androids, i think they are fine devices and display some good ideas properly.

I like the design and feel of Apple products better, and the os is more user friendly for me personally so that is why i choose to use the iPhone over android.

now get outta this thread and go back to your android thread! :tongue:

Last edited:
Just preordered from the, AT&T store. They said it's going to take 14-21 days to get there. Any truth in that or can I expect it on the 21st?

the only thing that made the ipod earbuds usable were Belkin Bud Covers . . .

I Never even touch the headphones that come with the iphone, I got some Beats Pros and Power beats, but thing is I dont store any music in my iphone. If I were you guys I would cop an ipod classic. Can't beat the 160 gigs of space. I don't take my iphone to the Gym I take my iPod and I use my ipod in the car for music. I got over 90gb of music. If you guys want longevity of performance, don't over kill your iphone, If your going to put music put ya fave albums and or playlist. And I dont recommend taking an iphone to the gym unless its in a lifeproof case. I`m prob going to be flipping my ipad 3 soon once the ipad mini becomes more solid info wise, might still keep it who knows. And I went with the Black iPhone that joint is too raw, I usually do all white everything, and my ipad is white but oh well. Only down fall to black is you can see smudges.

Just preordered from the, AT&T store. They said it's going to take 14-21 days to get there. Any truth in that or can I expect it on the 21st?

Yeah I got the same answer too, but my rep told me the people who pre-order usually get it the first day. Did you get a confirimation email? I know he said we'll get a email when they ship out, but it seems that some of us already got an email. What does it state?

I've never had a problem with my headphones for some reason. Never broke a pair. My brother breaks every pair of headphones he touches and broke the ones for my 3G :smh:.

I went with the white because it catches my eye more. It looks so clean like a nice car. I like the black on black one but it'd look like all the other phones i've bought before.

Welp. Just put in a request via online to unlock mine and my wife's AT&T iphone 4s(plural not the model). Found out how much data I am really using. So I should be good. Hope I don't regret this.

Welp. Just put in a request via online to unlock mine and my wife's AT&T iphone 4s(plural not the model). Found out how much data I am really using. So I should be good. Hope I don't regret this.

you about to go prepaid or something?

Any of you guys who really are always around wifi 24/7 and dont stream and want to go to vzw Id reccomend doing the 1 gb family plan for 130 especially if you got a work discount you get unl talk and txt and thats pretty much 65 a pop or 10 dollars more you can do 2gb shared.

Is it me or is the IPHONE 5 not as hype as the Iphone 4s?

I remember the Iphone 4 and 4s thread had a couple hundred pages by the 4th day or so of announcement.

I remember the Iphone 4 and 4s thread had a couple hundred pages by the 4th day or so of announcement.

I mean how many years can they continue to pull a John Madden and release the same phone with a few minimal changes. It works for the brand loyal types but for the others that aren't loyal, they are starting to switch to other phone makers.

I'm thinking because most people are stuck in their current contract or can't afford $450 or more to upgrade.

I mean how many years can they continue to pull a John Madden and release the same phone with a few minimal changes. It works for the brand loyal types but for the others that aren't loyal, they are starting to switch to other phone makers.

brah aint no mind blowing technology out right now, and phones aint even utlizing last years technology. Chill.

I have a few questions...

For those that order at 3am on Verizon wireless (Like myself), are we guaranteed to get it by the 21st? I spoke to a live chat person on Verizon Wireless and they told me that the customers will get the Iphone 5 on the 28th of this month, any truth to this? Also, I got a 32 gig Ipod touch 4th generation and my Iphone 5 is going to be 16gig, so is 16 gigs going to be good if you don't want to put any music on the iPhone 5 and use for just apps? This is going to be my first iPhone ever.. Thanks..

I have a few questions...
For those that order at 3am on Verizon wireless (Like myself), are we guaranteed to get it by the 21st? I spoke to a live chat person on Verizon Wireless and they told me that the customers will get the Iphone 5 on the 28th of this month, any truth to this? Also, I got a 32 gig Ipod touch 4th generation and my Iphone 5 is going to be 16gig, so is 16 gigs going to be good if you don't want to put any music on the iPhone 5 and use for just apps? This is going to be my first iPhone ever.. Thanks..

28th is the current expected ship time.

Are people who pre ordered off the apple store at midnight still have the email from apple saying "Order Processing"

That's the only email I got from apple immediately after I pre ordered last night.

I checked my bank account online and they already took $249 from my account.

My delivery date is scheduled for 9-21

Last edited:
Are people who pre ordered off the apple store at midnight still have the email from apple saying "Order Processing"
That's the only email I got from email immediately after I pre ordered last night.
I checked my bank account online and they already took $249 from my account.
My delivery date is scheduled for 9-21

Did you use a Debit Card? Different cards/banks vary how they reserve funds , my AMEX shows Apple store and Vzw pending chrage for 1 dollar. They are more than likely going to charge Monday or Tue when it actually ships out. I hope they deliver it though because VZW ships from Memphis for the East coast and I`m in Atlanta so I would get mines in 1-2 days but Last year Apple had Fed Ex holding the phones at your home warehouse until the 21st.

Did you use a Debit Card? Different cards/banks vary how they reserve funds , my AMEX shows Apple store and Vzw pending chrage for 1 dollar. They are more than likely going to charge Monday or Tue when it actually ships out. I hope they deliver it though because VZW ships from Memphis for the East coast and I`m in Atlanta so I would get mines in 1-2 days but Last year Apple had Fed Ex holding the phones at your home warehouse until the 21st.

Yeah I used my bank visa debit card.

Back
Top Bottom