Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

aperture is 2.4 on all of em i believe. i remember hearing something about some tech in the 5 that makes it seem 2 stops better, but idk about that. it also has a sapphire lens cover now so it won't get scratched...

The lens cover is Sapphire now but only to keep it from being scratched. I doubt there's going to be much of a difference in the pictures. Not drastic anyways.

Anywhere I can trade in my 16GB Sprint iPhone 4S for the iPhone 5?????
:nerd:

Doubt it, but if you somehow have an upgrade, you can sell your 4S to somewhere and probably get around 350 for it. I was gonna do that, but mine was a gift so I can't bring myself to sell it.

aperture is 2.4 on all of em i believe. i remember hearing something about some tech in the 5 that makes it seem 2 stops better, but idk about that. it also has a sapphire lens cover now so it won't get scratched...

The lens cover is Sapphire now but only to keep it from being scratched. I doubt there's going to be much of a difference in the pictures. Not drastic anyways.

The lens on my 4 is scratched the eff up on the bottom 1/3 and the back is shattered but I still love it. :pimp:
Will cop the 5 once my upgrade comes in January :pimp:

Ok i have an upgrade on one my lines, how much y'all think ill be able to sell this phone if I just cop it to flip?

Megapixels do not determine on how good the pics are going to come out. most of the people in here have no idea about optics

To those AT&T pre-orderers that are worrying heavily right now because of no tracking number / pending shipment status, don't panic just yet. Those that are telling you that if you haven't received shipping information yet...you are screwed.. are misinformed. Now don't take this as a promise you will receive yours on time...but keep in mind ..... October last year my 4s order status didn't change till the Thursday before release (Oct 13th) when the phone was shipped standard overnight and got to me in time for launch day (Oct 14th). I know everyone who has already received their shipping confirmation are making the rest of us without info antsy, but I would hold off making moves for an alternate option until tomorrow afternoonish before you start trying to cancel orders / etc.

Last edited:
My phone is has been in Louisville since like Monday night. I assume they are just going to overnight it from there tomorrow. I just hope it comes early in the day so I don't have to sit around waiting all day.

To those AT&T pre-orderers that are worrying heavily right now because of no tracking number / pending shipment status, don't panic just yet. Those that are telling you that if you haven't received shipping information yet...you are screwed.. are misinformed. Now don't take this as a promise you will receive yours on time...but keep in mind ..... October last year my 4s order status didn't change till the Thursday before release (Oct 13th) when the phone was shipped standard overnight and got to me in time for launch day (Oct 14th). I know everyone who has already received their shipping confirmation are making the rest of us without info antsy, but I would hold off making moves for an alternate option until tomorrow afternoonish before you start trying to cancel orders / etc.

I hope you are right :frown:

My phone is has been in Louisville since like Monday night. I assume they are just going to overnight it from there tomorrow. I just hope it comes early in the day so I don't have to sit around waiting all day.

Same here.My tracking status on UPS's website says that it left Nashville on 9/17 and has been at Louisville since 9/18.

If your a NT'er like me who put your order in through apple store on pre order night last Friday.Check your order # on the apple store website, it should be in the confirmation email you got from Apple right after you put your pre order in.Apple never sent me any email updates when the status of my order changed from "Processing Order" to "Preparing Shipping", and now to "Shipped"

The past 4 days I was trying that trick of "Track by reference" option on the UPS site but nothing was coming up.

There also is a "Pre Sign For Delivery" button on the apple store website that shows my order. But I'm not hitting that button because my past experiences with UPS is that if your not home when they try to deliver a package they will just leave your package at your doorstep or somewhere around your property.So yeah with this I'm making sure me or a family member at my house needs to sign for this when they deliver this Friday.

UPS website when you get and check your tracking # you can sign up for updates through either email or SMS text on your cell # also.

Also UPS website when I look up my tracking # says the shipping method is "UPS Next Day Air Saver"

Last edited:
not sure why you would see that all I saw were a 1 dollar charge from Apple and VZW, it could be your bank/ credit card reserving funds.
One thing I will say even though you can get a car charger from Amazon for like 50 cent, the Verizon joints are covered for a year, so if it ever stops working just go into a corporate store, tell them the date you got it and they give you a brand new one, as long as its not damaged.

the only charge i have so far is the 66 for the accessories i didn't even want...they still havent taken my money for the phone yet

if you didnt want them then why did you buy them? :lol:
Because he let some retail store employee play him.

My AT&T preorder is in Newark New Jersey as of this morning, scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. So whoever had a pending shipment and a tracking number even though it wasn't active should be good now (at least I hope)

Yeah. I sent a request on 9/11/12 for my Iphone 4 and was okayed on 9/18/12.

they declined my request because I haven't activated my 5 yet, does anyone know if a AT&T store can unlock it in store or do we have to do it online? I don't wanna wait a week again

Anybody trying their luck Saturday? Hoping to wait in line then for a phone. Can't take off tomorrow. :frown:

you have to do it via itunes... there will be a tab like the restore/update one... and another one will say unlock. you will have to input the code given by att that will verify it thru the apple servers and then basically do a restore to your device. So i mean i guess it could be done in the store if you opened your itunes account on their computer and asked them to do the process for you.

I've been asking Siri movie questions since yesterday. Worst movie ever, best movie ever, the only downside is wierd names won't go through correctly. For the life of me I couldn't get it to recognize Denzel.

I've been asking Siri movie questions since yesterday. Worst movie ever, best movie ever, the only downside is wierd names won't go through correctly. For the life of me I couldn't get it to recognize Denzel.

siri is better than samsung s voice though

that ish is terrible

siri tweaks for the win via jailbreak.... you can even program certain responses and questions... like i have siri telling jokes, giving status of iphone ie... memory/data usage etc... being able to switch wifi, volume up/down, reboot/respring etc... so far other then flyover i really havent seen anything function-wse i havent been able to do via jailbreak since 3gs

Just checked my UPS Tracking from apple and my order says its in Kentucky. To be delivered tommorrow by 10:30 am so your tracking for Apple should have a time.....

im in NY btw

Anywhere I can trade in my 16GB Sprint iPhone 4S for the iPhone 5?????
:nerd:

Doubt it, but if you somehow have an upgrade, you can sell your 4S to somewhere and probably get around 350 for it. I was gonna do that, but mine was a gift so I can't bring myself to sell it.

but no, no one will trade you a 5 for a 4S

Someone will if the price is right. Stores such as Best Buy, Radio Shack, etc do offer trade ins. That's what I plan on doing next month when I upgrade my family. I'm trading my 4S, my wife 4, and 2 of my 3 children 3GS iPhones to offset the cost of upgrading.

Still haven't receive an email regarding my pick up (BestBuy) has anyone heard anything from them? I pre ordered last Friday.

Still haven't receive an email regarding my pick up (BestBuy) has anyone heard anything from them? I pre ordered last Friday.
I pre-ordered on the 14th, and was told that I would receive two emails from BB.  The first on would be a confirmation of my pre-order(I received that email on the 15th).....the second would be on the 21st when my phone is ready to be picked up.

Are you in NYC?....

Back
Top Bottom