Are black people really bitter about this? Seriously....

Is this chick the new malcom X?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

this is cringe worthy to me....

i haven't seen someone do the harlem shake since middle school and im 25 now.

People really are letting a loose adaptation of a dance that was around for 3 years hurt their souls. Talking about "it's a part of Harlems history" as if things that were much more important didn't come out of Harlem. It's sad.

I saw this when I flipping through the other day and was like wth. Both dances will be gone again in a month anyways. Ehhh!

Not me, but if you're from Harlem I can see why you'd be offended. Non New Yorkers can't speak on it imo. Although the dance has nothing to do with the internet fad, urban culture has always been hijacked and twisted into something else by white America.

This is it. I haven't seen the "new" Harlem shake but if it is making a mockery of the OG then Harlemites have every right to be angry.

Not me, but if you're from Harlem I can see why you'd be offended. Non New Yorkers can't speak on it imo. Although the dance has nothing to do with the internet fad, urban culture has always been hijacked and twisted into something else by white America.

I feel that.

Who cares. It's a dance. Call it something else and the videos would still be viral. People getting od butt hurt over this trivial matter.

roll.gif
laugh.gif

I can't believe people are really mad about this whole Harlem Shake thing. Nobody has cared about the actual Harlem Shake for over a decade, now people are just messing around having fun with the new "Harlem Shake" meme and now all these people are getting offended? SO stupid. Get the **** outta here man.

Its not really about the dance. They see it as something that came from their own 'hood being bastardized. Harlem people have an extreme sense of pride. They are the only people in NYC who rep their neighborhood first and foremost. Everyone else reps their borough.

Its not really about the dance. They see it as something that came from their own 'hood being bastardized. Harlem people have an extreme sense of pride. They are the only people in NYC who rep their neighborhood first and foremost. Everyone else reps their borough.
QB, bed stuy, jamaica, washington heights...just to name a few

As a NYCer the reason people were vexed (and it wasnt just black people) was because someone jacked a dance thats part of the culture, changed its whole image.

Its sort of like you work on a painting and someone sees it, makes their own and very poor replica but titles it the same thing then watching this poor replica represent the work you did/have done.

It leaves a salty taste in many peoples mouthes PAUSE mine included DOUBLE PAUSE.

:lol: :lol:

At being a dance that was done for 2 years being a part of a culture.

If Harlem wants to be known for this,
More power to them.

I'm not bitter, but its another case of ppl biting urban culture (dance, music, slang, etc).

I just think some black people are sick of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom