Are the N.E.R.D. albums any good?

Fly or Die is the truth. Hip hop junkies will say In Search Of but if you are open to a more rock approach, FOD is by far the better album.

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

Fly or Die is the truth. Hip hop junkies will say In Search Of but if you are open to a more rock approach, FOD is by far the better album.
Either that or they are appreciative of good songwriting. With Fly or Die N.E.R.D. made their own lane with their own blueprint. They said @@#% acookbook and made a three-course meal of N.E.R.D. #+@%. On Fly or Die they took ingredients from their own creations, added that to #+@% from Julia Child andRocco Dispirito's cookbooks, but it just wasn't genuine nor did the parts cohere. The album suffers from a huge polarity because I feel as if the highsare very high, but the lows are dismal.

After listening to fly or die i have to say...
This obviously isnt the usual album i would check for..
its a totally different style then what i usually play so i had to force a couple songs..
Maybe its just because its pharrell? but i can actually see playin this sometime..
its a different vibe..that at first sucked..but i can dig now..

Originally Posted by hugebird

Either that or they are appreciative of good songwriting. With Fly or Die N.E.R.D. made their own lane with their own blueprint. They said @@#% a cookbook and made a three-course meal of N.E.R.D. #+@%. On Fly or Die they took ingredients from their own creations, added that to #+@% from Julia Child and Rocco Dispirito's cookbooks, but it just wasn't genuine nor did the parts cohere. The album suffers from a huge polarity because I feel as if the highs are very high, but the lows are dismal.

I agree that the lyrics on FOD can be god-awful but what the $+## are you talking about? Pass that @##%.

I don't think they can really be categorized as Hip Hop or Rock or whatever. I believe they just have their completely own unique style. I am really hypeabout N3RD, just to see what direction they take it in. If they mixted the style of ISO and FoD, that'd be pretty dope.

Yea man... both were crazy albums.. I personally like Fly or Die a lot better though. Too many great songs... "Maybe" goes hard any time (NH)

Originally Posted by WE GET MONEY

Either that or they are appreciative of good songwriting. With Fly or Die N.E.R.D. made their own lane with their own blueprint. They said @@#% a cookbook and made a three-course meal of N.E.R.D. #+@%. On Fly or Die they took ingredients from their own creations, added that to #+@% from Julia Child and Rocco Dispirito's cookbooks, but it just wasn't genuine nor did the parts cohere. The album suffers from a huge polarity because I feel as if the highs are very high, but the lows are dismal.

I agree that the lyrics on FOD can be god-awful but what the $+## are you talking about? Pass that @##%.

Man, I haven't been able to relax with a good album and get right in a minute, but I'm on break and I got super baked and listened to some tunes,and I honestly don't know what I just said. In my mind it made perfect sense. What I'm saying is that it's pretty obvious that Fly or Die had heavyinfluences that were transparent and forced, and it hurt the album. Instead of trying to do something fresh, they basically just jumbled up their influencesand tried to make an album that way.

You honestly can save it. There's really no defense. What I said is true. No getting around it.

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

go cop kenna's album too...his stuff is produced by chad hugo of the neptunes and I must say that he is the real musician between the two...I am sorry.

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

go cop kenna's album too...his stuff is produced by chad hugo of the neptunes and I must say that he is the real musician between the two...I am sorry.

cosign...chad's music does give it that classic album feel to it as opposed to pharrell who makes just hot songs...both are still good producers though

word?

You honestly can save it. There's really no defense. What I said is true. No getting around it.
You are correct in a sense, and its not worth arguing, but you know your opinion is one sided like a gumby.

indifferent.gif

In search of goes hard ... do urself a favour and get it tomo.

never could get into fly or die.

indifferent.gif

my dude have you heard that trash that pharell calls "in my mind"...the whole album was trash save "that girl"..I can't believe I bought that trash....compare that to Chads work on both of Kenna's albums..come on G....it easy to tell......re-evaluate that stoneface.

So i listened to both fly or die and search of and im feelin Fly or die better..but after a few more listens to both my opinion might change

I liked In Search Of...a lot, I still haven't given Fly or Die that much burn, but then I bought Kenna's albums and NSC > all NERD albums

Back
Top Bottom