Arian Foster Let It Be Known That He Is A Non-Believer

Going back, you said you're a christian, in what way? Nothing you just said coincides with the bible. You took what you want and crafted the rest to suit your logical beliefs. You also said "because of God" isn't really the case but then you also say everything comes from God. That's a contradictory statment.
what did i say that doesnt make me a christian? I just dont default and use god for a place holder for everything like they did in the past. Like when it rains "its because gods crying", i believe it rains because water vapor condenses and falls to the ground. But i also believe that God created water. Thats not contradictory. when its hot i dont think that god snaps his fingers together and its magically warm. I do believe that God created the sun though, and we have the seasons because the earth spins and orbits the way it does because God set that into motion.
No matter a persons' qualifications, if they say they believe in god, I think they are an idiot. I try not to, but I just can't understand why anyone would believe in something based on faith, despite the evidence that points directly against the existence of god.
and you're free to believe that man. my quality of life is no worse because of it.

Last edited:
what did i say that doesnt make me a christian? I just dont default and use god for a place holder for everything like they did in the past. Like when it rains "its because gods crying", i believe it rains because water vapor condenses and falls to the ground. But i also believe that God created water. Thats not contradictory. when its hot i dont think that god snaps his fingers together and its magically warm. I do believe that God created the sun though, and we have the seasons because the earth spins and orbits the way it does because God set that into motion.
and you're free to believe that man. my quality of life is no worse because of it.

How's is contradictory? You believe in the process in which nature occurs correct? Tell me, how did life begin? Evolution?

You accept the process and then paint "but God" on top of it.

You pretty much pick and choose when to show horn God as the factor.

You say God made water. Ok, what about the process of the ions, bonds, atoms, ect? So is your next explanation "oh.... Well God made that". There's no argument here now is there? We can scale things back as much as you want and despite you claim "because God" isnt your answer ultimately it is

Last edited:
How did life begin?

The problem with your question is that "beginning," much like "God," is a man-made construct. Try to grasp the concept of Infinity; time in a loop folded over itself (much like threads like this) instead of thinking of time as a line with a definite beginning. Because that's really where that "end of days" nonsense spurs from.

Just like man made God in his image and likeness ("jealous," etc.), man also views time in this erred way. We collectively view the universe in the same light as we view our physical body.

Now we get back to same circular argument. You cant prove it wasn't God

When its proved how something forms spontaneously...Goes from non-living to living get back to me

No one really knows but there's a theory that the universe began from an explosion within a particle in the space time continuum
Theory = I just made some **** up.

Same thing people say about religion.

Nobody knows so neither side should point and laugh at the other for their beliefs.

How's is contradictory? You believe in the process in which nature occurs correct? Tell me, how did life begin? Evolution?

You accept the process and then paint "but God" on top of it.

You pretty much pick and choose when to show horn God as the factor.

You say God made water. Ok, what about the process of the ions, bonds, atoms, ect? So is your next explanation "oh.... Well God made that". There's no argument here now is there? We can scale things back as much as you want and despite you claim "because God" isn't your answer ultimately it is
but none of that means i'm not a christian? i believe that in the beginning of everything is set into motion by God. You may not be of that belief but just because we understand how things work (the process) doesn't mean we have to be of the same opinion of how they initially came about.

mean.gif
the hostility in this thread 

Last edited:
Now we get back to same circular argument. You cant prove it wasn't God

When its proved how something forms spontaneously...Goes from non-living to living get back to me

And you go right back to your flawed argument. You believe in God but I have to prove it? Prove to me a unicorn didn't create the world or it's a fact. Same logic

Prove to me how life started spontaneously?

What in the known world starts spontaneously and goes from non living to living? Thats your unicorn

Last edited:
The idea that since we dont know what or how the universe started, so it must have been god is ridiculous. We dont and may never know how things got started. But we do know that evolution is a fact.
If as an adult you heard the story of the bible, but without all the names, you would think that it was the biggest bunch of Bu!!***** youve ever heard - no one in their right mind would ever believe such nonsense. That is why people brainwash (with treats and threats) their children in to believeing, before they have a chance to look at things and make decisions for themselves.
Letting go of the belief in a god is such a freeing experience - your life will be so much more rewarding than waiting for a utopia that doesnt exist.

What in the known world starts spontaneously and goes from non living to living? Thats your unicorn
And you go right back to your flawed argument. You believe in God but I have to prove it? Prove to me a unicorn didn't create the world or it's a fact. Same logic
its this type of stuff that makes me hate going into religious threads here on NT. Its just posters under the facade of having an open discussions when they just want force their views on one another. Neither of you are going to convince each other of a damn thing

The idea that since we dont know what or how the universe started, so it must have been god is ridiculous. We dont and may never know how things got started. But we do know that evolution is a fact.
If as an adult you heard the story of the bible, but without all the names, you would think that it was the biggest bunch of Bu!!***** youve ever heard - no one in their right mind would ever believe such nonsense. That is why people brainwash (with treats and threats) their children in to believeing, before they have a chance to look at things and make decisions for themselves.
Letting go of the belief in a god is such a freeing experience - your life will be so much more rewarding than waiting for a utopia that doesnt exist.
I'll take your word for it fam.

First, your idea of the word spontaneous Implies there was No process involved. That's false. Something spontaneous can take place with a process in which it happened.

Example? You. Your mom and dad coming together to create you. That's not by design, by definition that's spontaneous. You being a boy or a girl, your face, you dna, you brain formation, your brain function, your physical body, ALL spontaneous. You being where you are right now effecting the environment around out, the atoms around you, ALL spontaneous. Spontaneous doesn't meant came from nothing.

Non living to now living? Child birth. Happens
everyday

Let's look at the other side. Death is also spontaneous. You step on an ant, a kid getting shot, the explosion in China, ALL spontaneous.

ALL of this is evidence that life and even death CAN be spontaneous

That's a "unicorn" to you? Everyday occurrences??

NOW, show me evidence of God

Last edited:
All those things have a cause..Thats not spontaneous in context I'm using.

Cause? Cause is a relative and subjective term. What does or doee not occur without cause? Atoms split for a cause, bonds form for a cause, ect.

And what context?

spon·ta·ne·ous
spänˈtānēəs/
adjective
adjective: spontaneous
performed or occurring as a result of a sudden inner impulse or inclination and without premeditation or external stimulus.
"the audience broke into spontaneous applause"
synonyms: unplanned, unpremeditated, unrehearsed, impulsive, impetuous, unstudied, impromptu, spur-of-the-moment, extempore, extemporaneous; More
unforced, voluntary, unconstrained, unprompted, unbidden, unsolicited;
informaloff-the-cuff
"a spontaneous display of affection"
antonyms: planned, calculated
(of a person) having an open, natural, and uninhibited manner.
synonyms: natural, uninhibited, relaxed, unselfconscious, unaffected, open, genuine, easy, free and easy; More
impulsive, impetuous
"a spontaneous kind of person"
antonyms: inhibited

Last edited:
Theory = I just made some **** up.

Same thing people say about religion.

Nobody knows so neither side should point and laugh at the other for their beliefs.

Difference is you have thousands of smart people everyday trying to figure it out. looking forward to being proved wrong so they can get down to the truth

While you have others who believe the universe was made in 7 days and somebody was around to record it step by step

Difference is you have thousands of smart people everyday trying to figure it out. looking forward to being proved wrong so they can get down to the truth

While you have others who believe the universe was made in 7 days and somebody was around to record it step by step

Exactly. I mean God was so mad he threatened to drown everyone and some dude somehow gathered two of each animal in a five mile radius (polar bears and kangaroos) and fit them on a boat to escape God's wrath.

Just listen to that ****. It's the most ludicrous thing ever. And that's just the start of illogical fables in the Bible.

Back
Top Bottom