Armando Galarraga, Tigers, robbed by Jim Joyce

jonestow.jpg

DMan14:
even the hitter thinking, "you sure i'm safe?"
laugh.gif
Definitely. You could see in his face that he was like 'Nah, dog... I'm out. He got me. I... I was out, bro.'

Originally Posted by aaronpayumo

[h6]Everybody can blame the ump for Armando Galarraga's perfect game, I'm gonna blame that runner...how you gonna hustle to the bag. C'mon son.
mad.gif

[/h6]

indifferent.gif

i dont even +%#@ with baseball like that but that @*%! aint cool. the MLB should be able to overturn the decision and make it officially a perfect game. even though we all know he threw a legit perfect game, its unfortunately not the same for galarraga and sports fans to be able to recognize it without the MLB saying it was.

[h6]Everybody can blame the ump for Armando Galarraga's perfect game, I'm gonna blame that runner...how you gonna hustle to the bag. C'mon son.
mad.gif

[/h6]
If you're down by 5+ runs I could see an argument for that, but 3 runs or fewer? Nah, you play hard until the end.

Biggest blown call I have ever seen in my years of watching sports.

Galarraga is such a calm kid, that's unbelieveable. Him hoping that it could happen again is ridiculous though, don't think anyone has ever pitched 2 perfect games but not totally sure.

My heart goes out to him, and Jim Joyce is gonna get ripped for this for a looooooooong time.

Here comes video replay in baseball for any iffy call. Sucks it had to come about in this manner, but usually something this monumentally bad has to happen in order to change a rule.

mad.gif

[/h6]
If you're down by 5+ runs I could see an argument for that, but 3 runs or fewer? Nah, you play hard until the end.

mad.gif

[/h6]
nah dude couldnt just quit... they still could have gone on to win/tie the game if he had gotten on base

Lost in all of this is the fact that Joyce blew a call that led to the Tigers' two late runs the inning before.

I hope that wasn't his makeup call...

Galarraga is such a calm kid, that's unbelieveable. Him hoping that it could happen again is ridiculous though, don't think anyone has ever pitched 2 perfect games but not totally sure.

My heart goes out to him, and Jim Joyce is gonna get ripped for this for a looooooooong time.

Here comes video replay in baseball for any iffy call. Sucks it had to come about in this manner, but usually something this monumentally bad has to happen in order to change a rule.

That was literally one of the worst calls I've ever seen. He was out by almost a whole step.

I don't see why they couldn't just amend the box score since the video shows that he pitched a perfect game.

what a travesty....dude was not just out by a foot, but a damn YARD. Unbelievable.
indifferent.gif
mad.gif

Wow ...

Real classy guy though didnt go after the ump after the last out like some of his teammates did

2.999999 perfect games so far and we are not even in the 2nd half of the season
eek.gif

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

F YOU JIM JONES !!!
de936fc73a28245ee30cc0d880888e36cf0c39c4.jpg

Nah but forreal though...it's been 30 minutes since I found out about all this and it still hasn't sunk in. You can't make this %%%# up.

Jim Joyce ain't about that life.

Stupid question:

But there is NO way MLB reviews it and says "Damn, we really blew this" and reward him with what he deserves? This isn't a regular game, this is history.

Originally Posted by useref15

iaintevenmad.jpg

roll.gif
Perfect

and truth be told, this "28 Out Perfect Game*" game is gonna go down more memorable than Holladay's or Buehrle's. And could have an impact on future games if this brings about extended IR....hell, when Holladay got his, the news really came and went...

The smugness aura that baseball umpires bring about is second to none in professional sports tho, without question.

Back
Top Bottom