Article: America Is Not For Black People... Thoughts?

What Should Black Folks Do To Gain Respect In the US?

• Attempt To Hold More Political Positions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Create Our Own Economy And Use It As A Way To Buy Political And Corporate Influence

• March And/Or Protest

• Revolution/Martyrdom

• Leave The United States Because We Are Not Welcomed Here

• Total voters

Sir San Diego

formerly brolic scholar
I don't know if it's social media spotlighting all of these cases of racism lately or after 36 years on this planet I somehow expected black people's lives to get better than, not the same as they have been for a long time, but I'm really starting to wonder why we, as a people, are still here. It seems to me that we are not welcomed in the United States.

I just came across this article and wanted to share it with NT.

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/america-is-not-for-black-people-1620169913/all

Here's some of what you can expect by clicking the link and reading:

To ascribe this entirely to contempt for black men is to miss an essential variable, though—a very real, American fear of them. They—we—are inexplicably seen as a millions-strong army of potential killers, capable and cold enough that any single one could be a threat to a trained police officer in a bulletproof vest. There are reasons why white gun's rights activists can walk into a Chipotle restaurant with assault rifles and be seen as gauche nuisances while unarmed black men are killed for reaching for their wallets or cell phones, or carrying children's toys. Guns aren't for black people, either.

Open-carry-Chipotle-even-via-Facebook-615x345.png

Thoughts?

Jokes aside, racism will eventually die down, especially these new generations that don't discriminate in a matter that would change their actions.

I voted for investing in our own economy to have economic influence.

America is a capitalist society. Those with money dictate many, if not all things. They influence policies and politicians which i think is key, since our people and other minorities are inferior due to governmental systematic destabilization.

Like it or not though, you can make it in america and that's why plenty of people immigrate here. I mean, section 8 housing in america is the 'burbs for those in third world countries and etc. Specifically black americans of today have distant ties back to our homeland, so america is where we belong--we just would like to be on equal footing for a chance to succeed without being persecuted due to the melanin of our skin.

Last edited:

Jokes aside, racism will eventually die down, especially these new generations that don't discriminate in a matter that would change their actions.
The thing is, it won't if the youth of today keep perpetuating that "I don't see color" bs. By stating that, it contributes to the fallacy that everyone starts the race at the same time, when in reality minorities start the race when white people are halfway to the finishline. 

Last edited:
Guys, we're only 60 years removed from the civil rights movement. Some of those people are still alive today. Is racism alive? Yes, but it is slowly dying with every new generation that is born. We might not live to see this country move past racism, but our kids and grandkids will.

Last edited:
My thing is.. Even if we leave where would we go? There seems to be nowhere on the planet thats a safe haven from prejudice for AA and blacks in general.

Ill pass on Africa. 

The thing is, it won't if the youth of today keep perpetuating that "I don't see color" bs. By stating that, it contributes to the fallacy that everyone starts the race at the same time, when in reality minorities start the race when white people are halfway to the finishline. 
precisely, going to school with well of white kids made me notice, they get off slick ish to blind black kids, making them uncle tom's with all this "we equal, you my friend so i can say *****" then vine got these black teens perpetuating stereotypes for some damn likes and revines, jumping in pools for watermelon then acting like they cant swim, or doing some stupid ish for jordans. If you think racism dead you cant read between the lines b.

Yeah, because something created in Maryland almost 400 years ago proves that. :rolleyes
so your tellin me the black male isn't the most looked down upon among all races?
Nah, darkskin african american women by far. All them fake twitter pages with "quantisha" and ish like that. Black women constantly get played by media, worse than dudes because black men put down black women too

I like the idea of group economics, but is it realistic when you're competing against mega-conglomerates and your target market is poorer than the general population overall?

Last edited:
Nah, darkskin african american women by far. All them fake twitter pages with "quantisha" and ish like that. Black women constantly get played by media, worse than dudes because black men put down black women too
yea I can agree with that...dark skin women have it bad 

And we tried to do our thing and create our own economies.. 

They'll just come back again and burn your **** down. It's okay to win individually as a black in America, but rise collectively? Nah

I seriously wish we could have a live roundtable discussion about this face to face. Talking about it here won't lead to anything good. I'm out before this thread explodes like a powder keg. 

I like the idea of group economics, but is it realistic when you're competing against mega-conglomerates and your target market is poorer than the general population overall?
tired.gif

There it is. So true. It really comes down to can we as a people make a unified decision to spur this movement. While I hope I live to see the day, it's hard to see the sun at this point. 

They'll just come back again and burn your **** down. It's okay to win individually as a black in America, but rise collectively? Nah
Like for instance, this african american lady opened a hair salon down the street from me, the rich people invested in an asian shop down the block and put shawty outta business, until our athletes and superstars start putting money back into the neighborhood, and we as african americans "the leading consumers" buy into black owned products we will not prosper as a community.

Like for instance, this african american lady opened a hair salon down the street from me, the rich people invested in an asian shop down the block and put shawty outta business, until our athletes and superstars start putting money back into the neighborhood, and we as african americans "the leading consumers" buy into black owned products we will not prosper as a community.
Tried to say that in the other thread and got ripped. They made good points but guard your loins. 

I agree wholeheartedly though. 

Stop glorifying ignorance and menacing behavior, making it appear to be cool to impressionable youth.

It's not "just entertainment", it's poison to the wrong psyche.

Back
Top Bottom