Article: America Is Not For Black People... Thoughts?

What Should Black Folks Do To Gain Respect In the US?

• Attempt To Hold More Political Positions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Create Our Own Economy And Use It As A Way To Buy Political And Corporate Influence

• March And/Or Protest

• Revolution/Martyrdom

• Leave The United States Because We Are Not Welcomed Here

• Total voters
Don't buy the racism dying for a second, as long as there are prejudices, actions on those prejudices, or discrimination, and the systematic combination of both, there's always going to be racism. And yes old heads are dying from the 60s, but they are still passing their feelings and teachings onto their offspring. All you have to do is take one look at various social media and you can see that the ignorance is alive and even more emboldened now that you can express it for the world to see without repercussions. It's not a lot of older people on those platforms either.

Hopefully I don't get in trouble for posting this vid. Paul Mooney.

Stop glorifying ignorance and menacing behavior, making it appear to be cool to impressionable youth.

It's not "just entertainment", it's poison to the wrong psyche.
yea this is another thing, i was arguing with my boy, he said rappers prosper from talkin bout slanging dope and killing people, but i replied are we really prospering? Just because we got money, dont mean ish, we still ***** with just shiny metal and diamonds on to rich racists.

Had a similar epiphany as OP when reading comments about Ferguson and Mike Brown on various news websites last night.

It really hit me that a lot of fellow Americans just don't like us. They fear us. Hate us even. I just figured that by the time I was older, things would've been better than this. It feels like things are worse though. And that feeling of not belonging here legit had me sad for a few minutes. Hell, I still feel like I want to pack up the fam and move somewhere more brown skin-friendly.

I honestly wish that racism would die but mind you some people are literally born into it , from the moment they have been breastfed , i remember in my history course they had this one lady breast feeding her kid while witnessing a lynching , had this one dude i work out told me flat out to my face how much he grew up hating black folks his whole life , just because made it seems like it was ok.

It aint only in the US though, yall should see how mario balotelli gets treated in Italy. Bruh was born there and they still treat him like ish.

Had a similar epiphany as OP when reading comments about Ferguson and Mike Brown on various news websites last night.

It really hit me that a lot of fellow Americans just don't like us. They fear us. Hate us even. I just figured that by the time I was older, things would've been better than this. It feels like things are worse though. And that feeling of not belonging here legit had me sad for a few minutes. Hell, I still feel like I want to pack up the fam and move somewhere more brown skin-friendly.

It's real man, one of the major reasons why I had to get out of the south. Growing up in Alabama and then moving to Florida even in a college setting, enough is enough man. Literally you don't have to do anything, your skin color alone still in 2014 can cause someone to hate you and want to do harm to you or treat you as if you're something lower than a human being. Being out here in Cali for a month, people seem to be more progressive thinkers and it's quite refreshing.

As long as man walks on this Earth there will always be prejudice and race is the easiest target

Black people really aren't truly welcome anywhere on this Earth but Africa. Europe is racist as s***. Other than maybe the Netherlands.

Always wanted to go to Denmark, Switzerland, Amsterdam or something,

Black people really aren't truly welcome anywhere on this Earth but Africa. Europe is racist as s***. Other than maybe the Netherlands.

Not even really welcome in Africa either bruh....

The indigenous Africans will hate you and the white South Africans will also hate you. 

Last edited:
[thread="603866"]Quote:[/thread]

The indigenous Africans will hate you and the white South Africans will also hate you. 
for real, and caribbeans dont even want to be compared to african americans

[thread="603866"]Article America Is Not For Black People Thoughts#post_21374231​[/thread]

Exactly. Even with the votes centered around building our own economic centers I think people fail to realize we've tried that multiple times..

White people have never allowed that **** to work, ever. 

It's not hate, its just the misconception. They don't understand why african americans act they way they do in "the land of the free". They think blacks have all this opportunity in America, when thats not the case. I was born here, and both my parents are from Ghana. They may have looked down on yall, but once they came here and saw the situation they understand. Some africans still dont understand, but I think its the bias that anyone can make it in america, when thats not the case at all.

thought about this too. not sure where to go either.
the pain of being called an f-ing igger...
having ppl lock their car doors as i walked by as a pedestrian in the south.
being followed in stores.
not being expected to know anything. etc.

but overall, being called a f-ing igger

:smh:

i'll never ever forget it. ever.

America never was for us. The fact that a lot of us show prejudice towards one another doesn't help either.

as an african american male born in 1985 ive yet to deal with some off the wall racism an im from a majority white state. Connecticut

topics like this suck just because me personally ive always dealt with and deal with white ppl and ppl of all backgrounds

ive always fit in anywhere ive been, i have family in Mississippi, a lot actually.............that state is a blast from the past an even down there ive never dealt with some off the wall racism, i know it def exist in the US though, i just never been in a situation yet

thought about this too. not sure where to go either.
the pain of being called an f-ing igger...
having ppl lock their car doors as i walked by as a pedestrian in the south.
being followed in stores.

not being expected to know anything. etc.

but overall, being called a f-ing igger

mean.gif

i'll never ever forget it. ever.
mad.gif
 I get this **** DAILY

Last edited:
are you serious man thats wild, yea never dealt with that

maybe i just lucked out, smh

i mean ive been in the deep south too though, damn

America def not for blacks...even in cities thats mostly black we dont even truly run **** going on there :smh:

Divide and conquer. Like i said earlier, its not hate more jus misconception.

Like someone mentioned earlier in the thread, blacks from all walks of life need to have a serious discussion on its state and place in this world. We have fallen way behind smh

Really though if you're even the slightest bit aware of this country's history AND present you have to be pretty naive to think America is a place for black people.

I seriously wish we could have a live roundtable discussion about this face to face. Talking about it here won't lead to anything good. I'm out before this thread explodes like a powder keg. 

Why can't we though? I'm not rich. But I am willing to put my words into actions.

It's crazy man. :smh: A shame really. My grandfather fought for this country. My ancestors built this country by slaving away to build an economy on agriculture. I served in the US Navy and dealt with DIRECT racism from officers and was depressed as **** and wanted out. No matter what we do as a people, it never seems to be enough. It's like racists don't want to be reminded of the sins of their fathers and our presence is just that.

By the way @Brolic Scholar
, you know this thread will turn into a mudfest by the 3rd page, right? :lol:

I know it will, but at least in the first few pages I can get a feel for which brothers on this board are thinking, even if I don't agree with them.

as an african american male born in 1985 ive yet to deal with some off the wall racism an im from a majority white state. Connecticut

topics like this suck just because me personally ive always dealt with and deal with white ppl and ppl of all backgrounds

ive always fit in anywhere ive been, i have family in Mississippi, a lot actually.............that state is a blast from the past an even down there ive never dealt with some off the wall racism, i know it def exist in the US though, i just never been in a situation yet

I grew up in Louisiana and as a kid traveled to Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee and Texas. You wouldn't believe half the **** I've seen or been though if I told you. :smh: You get numb to some of it after a while. Even here in San Diego I have to deal with prejudice sometimes. I had an old white lady tell my kids at the park a few weekends ago that they were wasting water because they were playing at the water fountain throwing it on each other. I had words with her old ***. Trying to tell my kids basically they couldn't use the white fountain.

word 2 brolic, we needa have an official blackmen struggle vent thread or sum

Back
Top Bottom