Asian Culture Discussion Thread

This Asian Women with White men is perplexing to me.
I know someone that married a white man: but pointed to how poorly her father treated her mother (also indicative to her how all Asian men are), compared to how "caring" the white guy was.

On the other hand: once at a club/party, some drunken white dude kept explaining why and how much he loved Asian women compared to white women.
It was all centered around sex. Rather perverted and fetish like- submissive nature, lolita etc. Stuff I don't really get.

Dude was completely wasted, but I felt like he never would have said some of things had he been sober - especially around hundreds of drunk Asian dudes that weren't getting any numbers or girls that night >D

I swear in my area, I'm seeing more of this then Asian- Asian couples.
But not embracing or knowing your heritage, not even having basic language, or just denying any connection to the "old ways" is sad. I always felt that since our Asian American culture and identity is relatively young, maintaining that connection with our respective "mother lands" was a critical component to our experience here.

But maybe it's inevitable that slowly that connection will disappear.

This Asian Women with White men is perplexing to me.
I know someone that married a white man: but pointed to how poorly her father treated her mother (also indicative to her how all Asian men are), compared to how "caring" the white guy was.

On the other hand: once at a club/party, some drunken white dude kept explaining why and how much he loved Asian women compared to white women.
It was all centered around sex. Rather perverted and fetish like- submissive nature, lolita etc. Stuff I don't really get.

Dude was completely wasted, but I felt like he never would have said some of things had he been sober - especially around hundreds of drunk Asian dudes that weren't getting any numbers or girls that night >D

I swear in my area, I'm seeing more of this then Asian- Asian couples.
But not embracing or knowing your heritage, not even having basic language, or just denying any connection to the "old ways" is sad. I always felt that since our Asian American culture and identity is relatively young, maintaining that connection with our respective "mother lands" was a critical component to our experience here.

But maybe it's inevitable that slowly that connection will disappear.

I think part of it is how Western culture portrays Asian male stereotypes in mainstream media.

Perfect storm of these two points. Emasculation of Asian men plus fetishization of Asian women by white men.

uy1b9p3i0fu21.jpg

are parents not doing enough to make their kids proud to be asian or is it up to the kids to figure it out for themselves?

If she’s not into Asian guys, then she’s not into them. I’m not really into Asian women but men don’t really get flack for that. I’d want tall kids so Asian women wouldn’t be the best candidates for me either.

agreed. but you dont have to be wearing something like that as if its a trophy.

If she’s not into Asian guys, then she’s not into them. I’m not really into Asian women but men don’t really get flack for that. I’d want tall kids so Asian women wouldn’t be the best candidates for me either.

It's a stereotype that asians are short. There are many 6 feet up kids in Asia nowadays. They are evolving and the average is increasing.

Men don't get flack because they aren't putting down their female counterparts when doing so with comments like "she looks like my sister so I can't date asians"

There's enough to go around, let them have the trash ones that have no culture and tacky personalities

I'm not generalizing all white/Asian relationships (I'm mixed myself), just the ones where the guys will date anyone Asian and the women will date anyone white, regardless of how ugly, stupid, and/or disrespectful the other person is

That white supremacy poison is global. It’s just that other races seem to be a lot better at fighting it than Asians for whatever reason. They fight against it but it seems like Asian people just accept and even help propagate it lowkey. Some Asian people, both dudes and girls honestly from what I’ve seen, really say and do the weirdest things that make me doubletake and cringe. On some wtf did you just say ****.

One thing thats always annoyed me is seeing Asian clothing or other companies in a country where the entire population is Asian and almost all the models they hire are white. Like why lmao.

But I think it’ll change quickly tbh. The amount of change just in the last 10 years is pretty wild. Social media has been huge in upending the institutions that have spent trillions force feeding the world white movies and musicians for the past however many decades. If nothing else, it’s severely reduced the amount of racism that they’ve historically put in those movies and pushed to the world.

Last edited:
I dunno, so we’re assuming that women say that about asian men but asian men don’t say something similar about asian women. In general, women are judged more than men. Everyone needs to be less judgmental nowadays.

I dunno, so we’re assuming that women say that about asian men but asian men don’t say something similar about asian women. In general, women are judged more than men. Everyone needs to be less judgmental nowadays.

I'm not assuming anything I'm quoting popular Asian females in American media who keep emasculating Asian men

There’s gonna be bad ones. If they’re being negative and generalizing their own people, we can figure out what kinda person they are.

Be the change you want to see in this world. Ya these stereotypes suck but just gotta keep doing you and good things will happen. Speaking from personal experience.

So far I've just been improving myself and being more outspoken when confronted instead of staying quiet

What other things do you suggest from your personal experience

There's enough to go around, let them have the trash ones that have no culture and tacky personalities

I'm not generalizing all white/Asian relationships (I'm mixed myself), just the ones where the guys will date anyone Asian and the women will date anyone white, regardless of how ugly, stupid, and/or disrespectful the other person is

I reread my post and hope it doesn't get taken the wrong way or condescending or judgmental.
I think you expressed it much more succinctly and well.

My main concern with this trend is towards the end of my post, as Asian Americans, we are losing our heritage, language, history.
But in an odd way I suppose, that's how our new cultural identity here will actual come to be.
Conflicting for an old man/fob/Kor-Am like myself.

most of the issues in this thread seem to affect asian americans more than asia overall. well in my part of asia, dating a white man is not exactly a cool thing to do. girls who date white man do it for their wealth and nothing else. theres a famous backpacker street here where locals dont like going because of how crazy white tourists can get. in singapore they call girls who are interested in white men spg's or sarong party girls. i dont know how negative a term it is, or if its deragatory at all, but when a female friend calls another girl spg she seem to always has to whisper it or at least not say it out loud.

I reread my post and hope it doesn't get taken the wrong way or condescending or judgmental.
I think you expressed it much more succinctly and well.

My main concern with this trend is towards the end of my post, as Asian Americans, we are losing our heritage, language, history.
But in an odd way I suppose, that's how our new cultural identity here will actual come to be.
Conflicting for an old man/fob/Kor-Am like myself.

Maybe it's the way I was brought up...Until I went to college, my parents made it a point to take me to spend a lot of time in their respective countries every summer. They forced me to go visit all my relatives, hang out with them, take them out to dinner, etc, even the ones I didn't really like. They told me "This is your duty as a member of the family, cause one day you'll be the man of the family that everyone looks up to". I used to roll my eyes when they used to say "You think you're American but you'll always be an immigrant to them" but now I 100% agree

Yeah they were extremely overdramatic with the family duty thing (I don't talk to 99% of those relatives these days anyway due to drama) but I think hanging out with them regularly prevented me from becoming whitewashed.

Exposing your kids to their native culture/other cultures in general is extremely important; otherwise they're gonna grow up and have weird traits like only being able to speak English or not being able to eat spicy food (I'll disown my kids if they can't :lol: )

Also there have been times when non Asians have assumed positive things about me. I was once omw to the gym to hoop and was wearing Oregon Ducks shorts and a light skin chick randomly stopped me and asked if I play for them :lol: I was so caught off guard that I laughed and said no. Deep down I was flattered as hell

Are you really tall or something?

Also there have been times when non Asians have assumed positive things about me. I was once omw to the gym to hoop and was wearing Oregon Ducks shorts and a light skin chick randomly stopped me and asked if I play for them :lol: I was so caught off guard that I laughed and said no. Deep down I was flattered as hell

most of the issues in this thread seem to affect asian americans more than asia overall. well in my part of asia, dating a white man is not exactly a cool thing to do. girls who date white man do it for their wealth and nothing else. theres a famous backpacker street here where locals dont like going because of how crazy white tourists can get. in singapore they call girls who are interested in white men spg's or sarong party girls. i dont know how negative a term it is, or if its deragatory at all, but when a female friend calls another girl spg she seem to always has to whisper it or at least not say it out loud.

Are you Thai? Bangla Road in Phuket was a life changing experience, in the sense that I told myself "I can't end up like these guys". So wild and disrespectful...to them, Southeast Asia is just a place to get drunk for cheap and abuse/***@ the locals.

Whenever I visit my fam and friends in Asia, I always avoid any place that advertises itself as "known for expats"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom