Asian Culture Discussion Thread

I questioned the legitimacy of the article just based on how it was written. Any person who normally reads any type of legitimate news on a regular basis would look at that article and be given immediate pause.

What I did look at was the rest of the site that the article came from- and if we’re being honest, that site is completely bogus and it’s integrity HAS TO BE questioned based on the laughably low quality content on the site.

Later on in the thread I questioned whether the story actually happened based on that article being absolute ****.

Forget the article style and website.
The event facts are real.
People wanted to hear your reaction to the event facts.

Forget the article style and website.
The event facts are real.
People wanted to hear your reaction to the event facts.

Said people shouldn't post links to that site anymore if they want to hear serious reactions to facts.

If you want to discuss the U.S's response to Covid-19, are you going to reference links posted to Donald Tr*mp's twitter account?

No, because you'd be sharing links to erroneous information that could be harmful to those that take the information he spreads seriously.

We can move on now.

Your continuous non answer even after different news stories posted same event facts shows your lack of seriousness.
Keep on with critiques on writing style and movie stars.

Itaewon Class, by the way, wasn't that bad. I'd give it a solid 8.5/10

The first half was way better than the second half of it though. Second half of the drama was paced super slowly.

Your continuous non answer even after different news stories posted same event facts shows your lack of seriousness.
Keep on with critiques on writing style and movie stars.

Scroll back up. I’m pretty sure I already called it a tragedy. What else do you want me to say about it? It was awful.

terribly sad situation for all the people and families involved. gun violence and homicide, whether or not it happens to folks who look like me, is just ******* horrible

the headline of the article has a fear-inciting tone and sounds more like an op-ed as opposed to a news report. i'm not going to argue about the reliability of the source itself or whether or not Asian households need to be armed but the subtext to the article is troubling, to say the least. it has a very anti-black undertone to it: from the multiple posting of the two suspects' mugshots, to the photo of her "team" is losing, to this:

splattered pieces of black flesh onto the living room walls

why the need to say "black flesh" when flesh ripped from the body is all the same color?

additionally, the author wrote the tag "#black-on-asian violence." this could be "harmless" but truth be told, in neighborhoods where there are strained relationships between black and asian communities this could be a really incendiary.

just my $0.02. not an attempt to disagree or argue with anyone here but just my thoughts on the structure of the article. again, the news is just hella sad and a sign that this state/country needs to do more to curb gun violence as well as conditions that lead people to attempt such crimes.

Ayyy I told yaw the convo was over a few pages ago but yaw here still tapping instead of posting Kpop chicks for me? Man yaw disappoint me fr fr

Ayyy I told yaw the convo was over a few pages ago but yaw here still tapping instead of posting Kpop chicks for me? Man yaw disappoint me fr fr

what if i was being completely honest and said i wasn't too into the look of kpop women?? (got my flame suit fully on)

my presence in this thread after making this statement:
giphy.gif

terribly sad situation for all the people and families involved. gun violence and homicide, whether or not it happens to folks who look like me, is just ****ing horrible

the headline of the article has a fear-inciting tone and sounds more like an op-ed as opposed to a news report. i'm not going to argue about the reliability of the source itself or whether or not Asian households need to be armed but the subtext to the article is troubling, to say the least. it has a very anti-black undertone to it: from the multiple posting of the two suspects' mugshots, to the photo of her "team" is losing, to this:

why the need to say "black flesh" when flesh ripped from the body is all the same color?

additionally, the author wrote the tag "#black-on-asian violence." this could be "harmless" but truth be told, in neighborhoods where there are strained relationships between black and asian communities this could be a really incendiary.

just my $0.02. not an attempt to disagree or argue with anyone here but just my thoughts on the structure of the article. again, the news is just hella sad and a sign that this state/country needs to do more to curb gun violence as well as conditions that lead people to attempt such crimes.
Facts
what if i was being completely honest and said i wasn't too into the look of kpop women?? (got my flame suit fully on)

my presence in this thread after making this statement:
giphy.gif
Nah ur Gucci my G. I copped some kicks from you back in like 06-08 era? So u legit lol

Facts

Nah ur Gucci my G. I copped some kicks from you back in like 06-08 era? So u legit lol

damnnn my guy has the memory of an elephant. i can't even remember the name of the website i just bought some shoes off of 30 minutes ago, but you can remember the screenames of folks you've purchased from 10+ years prior. that's a feat. hope the shoes served you well!

Same. Kpop girls don't do anything for me.

TikTok got the finest women man. IG full of catfishes. You can't catfish in a video of yourself everyday.

i think a big part of my lack of interest is due to my complete unawareness of the culture and norms of kpop. don't get me wrong, from a physical standpoint there are definitely attractive women in kpop..however from what i've seen, the exaggerated high pitched voices and giggling just don't do it for me.

5A58F1F5-1369-4A1E-8524-9E58C95CD4A4.gif

My man! That K Pop look is 🗑

E everysingletime getting ready to fire up another empty bottle :lol:

is it because kpop chicks arent thicc?

The look is just...weak. It screams synthetic. Just gross overall.

i think of big part of my lack of interest is due to my complete unawareness of the culture and norms of kpop. don't get me wrong, from a physical standpoint there are definitely attractive women in kpop ..however from what i've seen, the exaggerated high pitched voices and giggling just don't do it for me.

I won't feel anything lol.

damnnn my guy has the memory of an elephant. i can't even remember the name of the website i just bought some shoes off of 30 minutes ago, but you can remember the screenames of folks you've purchased from 10+ years prior. that's a feat. hope the shoes served you well!
I’m a therapist so I gotta remember stuff and details. I believe they were 05 fire red AJ3

i think a big part of my lack of interest is due to my complete unawareness of the culture and norms of kpop. don't get me wrong, from a physical standpoint there are definitely attractive women in kpop..however from what i've seen, the exaggerated high pitched voices and giggling just don't do it for me.

original.gif

Back
Top Bottom