Asian Culture Discussion Thread

Wife still tells me to go to 99 Ranch to try and look for these. Smh.

wifey got you risking both your lives and health for some boba bars..i can see this conversation now:

Fozzy: "but honey, coronavi..."
Wifey: "b**** did i stutter?"

on another note, ive been calling it Ranch 99 my entire life. am i uncultured heathen for this? what's the etymology of the store's name?

on another note, ive been calling it Ranch 99 my entire life. am i uncultured heathen for this? what's the etymology of the store's name?
Happens to me all the time too. I misremember the name as Ranch 99. It just rolls off the tongue better :lol:

Its probably because I don't usually go too though, theres a lot of asian groceries around me that are more convenient.

if this statement is indeed true, the ban was warranted :lol:

BP sucked? Garfield > Holland??

tenor.gif

BP was a solid 6/10

wifey got you risking both your lives and health for some boba bars..i can see this conversation now:

Fozzy: "but honey, coronavi..."
Wifey: "b**** did i stutter?"

Wait, it’s not Ranch 99?!?!?! :rofl:

literally everyone I know has been calling it that for as long as I can remember. Wow :lol:

Always called it 99 Ranch

The supermarket's name has led to some confusion throughout time. Most commonly, there is debate over the chain's name, with many referring to the supermarket as "Ranch 99." This may stem from the fact that many store locations' front signage is designed with the "99" logo between the words "Ranch" and "Market." The company, however, is and has always been officially branded as "99 Ranch." In addition, some of the stores (especially those in Southern California) are located in the same market area as the similarly named 99 Cents Only Stores, but nevertheless there is no relation between the two chains (99 Ranch Market specializes in Asian-American supermarket products while 99 Cents Only is a variety store that sells products at a price ending with 99 cents). Likewise, in Phoenix, Arizona, there is a similarly named ethnic supermarket called "Pro's Ranch Market", but instead of selling Asian products it sells completely different Mexican products.[7][8]

so you're not alone.

btw Roger Chen (CEO) got a nice crib out in anaheim.

TOKYO CENTRAL > H MART > 99 RANCH

There's only hmart out here in suburban New York.

I've never heard of Tokyo central and 99 ranch to be honest. I'm guessing they're only on the west coast

There's onbe by me. I thought it was a 99cent store for the longest time. I usually get soju or snacks from there. Their produce is sketchy. Theres a Paris Baguette I get my coffee and pastry from so I always stop by if I have extra time before work.

Back
Top Bottom