Asian Culture Discussion Thread

Mitsuwa on Edgewater is nice. Mistuwa on the west coast is enhhhhh except for the big one in Torrance.

I usually hit up Tokyo Central / Marukai. I like how it reminds me of being in a shop in Japan. While mistune just reminds me of being in a supermarket but with Japanese stuff.

Theres a Hmart in K town.
Last time I was on the east coast. WAYYYYYYYY too many ppl in NJ Mistune food court.

How you feel about mitsuwa?

I used to drive all the way out there for their soft serve black sesame lol

I like mitsuwa the food court and random imported drink selection is bomb lol. the Torrance location was the OG but grew old and Tokyo central took over. they actually closed the old one and built a bigger store out at the mall nearby that recently opened but I haven’t checked it out yet.

Big fan lol. Used to get katsu or ramen and the food court. I never had the soft serve but i know which stall you talking about lol
That soft serve was everything. Lol it's been years and they still don't have black sesame soft serve anywhere else

Hmart sells black sesame ice cream now but it's all hard and frozen

I like mitsuwa the food court and random imported drink selection is bomb lol. the Torrance location was the OG but grew old and Tokyo central took over. they actually closed the old one and built a bigger store out at the mall nearby that recently opened but I haven’t checked it out yet.
How long ago did they switch over. Last time I went to the Torrance one was last fall.

Damn this coronavirus. Just you guys talking about Tokyo central makes me want to go and check it out.

I'll keep this conversation in mind for after the pandemic is over 🤣

How long ago did they switch over. Last time I went to the Torrance one was last fall.

the old one on western was closed sometime in the winter and the new one at Del Amo Mall opened up late February. I walked by a week or two before the grand opening and the market was open but only two stalls in the food court were open and there was still construction going on.

toku_hands_8f_1.png

this was my go-to mart when I was in Tokyo :pimp:

The Mitsuwa in Torrance used to sell this pancake mix that was literally the best thing I’ve ever tasted that came out of a box.

They no longer sell it and my life has not truly known peace since.

The box had minimal markings and wasn’t sold by a big name brand. One clerk there knew what I was talking about but said he hadn’t seen it in years unfortunately.

The Ramen in the food court is great though. Used to crave it all the time.

Back
Top Bottom