Asian Culture Discussion Thread

Since we were talking about the hostess bars before.
If your not Japanese, and you think its' a fun idea to try one out in Japan.
YOU WILL GET HOSED.
All of them are ran by the yakuza and regulated by Africans.
You will get a large bill at the end of the night.
You will get taken to an international ATM.

there’s def a lot more to Filipino cuisine than your pancit and egg roll. Most of what’s served in the USA is all the quick fatty fried stuff.

I come from a place in the PI called pámpanga, known for the best cuisine in the country.

my guess for those who have not had a good Filipino food experience in the states is bc the cook is trash not the cuisine

It's because the quality of food used is terrible for the price you pay.

I go back home in Manila 3 times a year (for 3-5 days ok average). First day I do other than get a fresh haircut from Felipe and Sons and get some all you can eat Wagyu buffet at the Shang ri la Edsa. Wagyu beef caldereta, bulalo, menudo, kare kare. Chunks of Wagyu beef.

When I visit my parents, my dad uses sirloin and rib eye in the filipino dishes as well. So I'm can tell if the ingredients are trash when I eat filipino food anywhere else.

Since we were talking about the hostess bars before.
If your not Japanese, and you think its' a fun idea to try one out in Japan.
YOU WILL GET HOSED.
All of them are ran by the yakuza and regulated by Africans.
You will get a large bill at the end of the night.
You will get taken to an international ATM.
th

Some of the ones with bikinis still are, but most of the ones that had nudity got raided after people's girlfriends started complaining on Yelp and putting these spots on blast :smh:

The ones I go to in the OC still have most of the women show all the goods, they just don’t take their tops or bottoms completely off and wear a light opened robe so if the cops bust in, they can cover up quickly.

PPQ on Irving in the city does something on the weekends...:nerd:

bro you ever messed with PPQ dungeness on clement? i know i'm supposed to be going for the crab but bruhhh the peppercorn wings and garlic noodles there are my favorite things off the menu. if there's something i miss about living in the city it's having easy access to this spot.

i'd go as far as to argue that the wings at PPQ > san tung

Is San Tung really the spot? Been hearing about it but lazy to go. Been going to Hot Sauce and Panko in Nob Hill.

bro you ever messed with PPQ dungeness on clement? i know i'm supposed to be going for the crab but bruhhh the peppercorn wings and garlic noodles there are my favorite things off the menu. if there's something i miss about living in the city it's having easy access to this spot.

i'd go as far as to argue that the wings at PPQ > san tung

yeah man, we go through at least two orders of the garlic noodles every time we go there.

I don’t really remember the wings, but well done salt and pepper wings are just GOAT in general.

Honestly, if you're in ny, there is basically an unofficial red light district in midtown manhattan run by asians.

So I've heard.

Not that I would know, have been, or condone those kind of establishments.

You guys should not be looking, and I can't direct you
Most of the Japanese hostess clubs are near the Japanese businesses in midtown, where all the REAL good Japanese restaurants are. Usually in converted apartment buildings.

I never been to a korean spot in NYC before. But Ive been to so called Piano bars out in Flushing. Not impressed.
Man. This is what NYC got over CA , always some wild stuff you can find.
Since moving here to Socal three years ago, I've been WASHED.

Is San Tung really the spot? Been hearing about it but lazy to go. Been going to Hot Sauce and Panko in Nob Hill.

San Tung wings are comparable to Chris’ Wings at Hot sauce and Panko. I think San Tung’s are a little more flavorful though.

Back
Top Bottom