Asian Culture Discussion Thread

There’s “KTV room” bars in the Philippines which kinda fit the description except sexual relations are definitely on the table lol. These are usually pretty seedy looking nothing classy/legit like hostess bars exist there as far as I know.

Smh always hating on da Filipinos

Everyone else.
Japan not all Anime & Sushi.
Of course this goes other way in other Asian countries too, but they are really blatant.

whats the best Filipino dessert. Usually i'm good with those.

the classic/quintessential Filipino dessert is halo-halo

IMG_20171029_170147_041.jpg

shaved ice, condensed milk, ice cream, and miscellaneous toppings. talagang sarap on a hot day

The no- non japanese policy at these hostess bar is not much about racism.
1. They are probably operating illegally. These girls are usually on student visas so not premitted to work.
2. The girls mostly speak Japanese so why even bother
3. Foreginers tend to not understand where they at, and get touchy feeling, or start fights.

sounds like a viet coffee house

Similar but a bit classier I guess. I’ve never been to a Japanese one but I’ve gone to a Korean hostess bar in Koreatown before. It was aight but I was the only person there who wasn’t fully Korean (I’m half) and even I had trouble getting in at first. I doubt anybody non Korean could get into this one.

Honestly though, I rather just take the drive to the OC and hit up a Vietnamese coffee shop then do the hostess bar again.

The gap between the Philippines and the USA is so crazy.

My cousins from my dad's side who live in what's considered a wealthy neighborhood in the Philippines were :wow: at my parents' home when they visited one time like ten years ago. They were blown away by everything.

They'd probably get a heart attack if they saw the kinds of houses my cousins from my mom's side live in. My mom's side are wealthy even by American standards.

Similar but a bit classier I guess. I’ve never been to a Japanese one but I’ve gone to a Korean hostess bar in Koreatown before. It was aight but I was the only person there who wasn’t fully Korean (I’m half) and even I had trouble getting in at first. I doubt anybody non Korean could get into this one.

Honestly though, I rather just take the drive to the OC and hit up a Vietnamese coffee shop then do the hostess bar again.

cafe di vang...? :nerd:

I want to try Filipino food but I dont think my stomach could handle it.
As a filipino, I don't think you're missing much

There's sinigang, there's nilaga, lumpiang shanghai, kare kare, and desserts that I don't know the name of. The rest of it is ehhhh

Sorry filipinos don't kill me

First time breaking bread with some Filipinos when moved for work in Bay Area back in the day was good. Just general basic stuff like lumpia, pancit, etc. But the thing that got me was the red chili sauce was Sweet. That through me off cause I like Spicy.

This random Indian guy walks up to me and was like, 'I can give you a ride home you know.'

Sober me would've just ignored him, but I followed him out of Penn Station into a black sedan. The man could've kidnapped me, but he ended up just giving me a ride home.

:rofl:

bro i'm glad you're alive and that they're not making a real-life version of "Bone Collector 2 - Penn Station" based on you

p23612_v_v8_ao.jpg

one of the best thrillers i've watched.

Back
Top Bottom