Asian Culture Discussion Thread

Let me quickly put some respect on Hong Kong before I wrap up my pics

BDEDE9DD-D745-4EDC-BA4F-DEC47C70A20D.jpeg
AA7B0A43-E420-4FCC-8D9C-2A4F108DFD00.jpeg
C0E1030C-3BC2-4143-A06F-E5121D0A7659.jpeg

Alright no more :lol:

Want to go to Kobe for one night too just to eat Kobe. I probably over paid one time...$100 for 4 oz. It was my first time going to Japan back then with a tour. :sick:
Ahh never had kobe beef but the problem I have with those expensive steaks is that I can't stop at 4 ounces.

I blew 500 dollars for a steak dinner once because I kept wanting to eat another serving of waygu (I paid for my cousin and I)

4 oz definitely not enough. Keep in mind this was with a tour tho. Im sure you could find a restaurant in Kobe that has more options. Heard there's a lot of restaurants there that offers it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh never had kobe beef but the problem I have with those expensive steaks is that I can't stop at 4 ounces.

I blew 500 dollars for a steak dinner once because I kept wanting to eat another serving of waygu (I paid for my cousin and I)

Yeah, this spot near my office has a 4 oz minimum, and I think the total for 8 oz came out to $560 or something (I didn't order; just looked at the price for it). At that point you might as well just fly to Japan and spend a couple hundred more for lodging and food.

Heard a lot of fake kobe beef spots though too. Do your googles prior

Yeah, there's only a handful of spots that have real wagyu from Kobe in the US. I think Bay Area, LA, Vegas, and NYC are the only cities that have them (maybe one or two more, not sure) That's why all these restaurants here started putting "American Kobe" instead of "Kobe" in their menus as if that makes any sense :rofl:

I’m gonna need to try this for when I goto Korea

**** I was trying to find this guy's channel for the longest time. I saw a YouTube video of him and some white guy eating some colorful shrimp when I was testing out my 4K TV as the time. His video quality is top-notch so I plan to subscribe to him.

Edit: Found the video I was talking about-

Yeah, this spot near my office has a 4 oz minimum, and I think the total for 8 oz came out to $560 or something (I didn't order; just looked at the price for it). At that point you might as well just fly to Japan and spend a couple hundred more for lodging and food.

Yeah, there's only a handful of spots that have real wagyu from Kobe in the US. I think Bay Area, LA, Vegas, and NYC are the only cities that have them (maybe one or two more, not sure) That's why all these restaurants here started putting "American Kobe" instead of "Kobe" in their menus as if that makes any sense :rofl:

this is what Alexander’s prices are looking like in the city
9A1A8644-000C-42D8-91B7-9360655CD4F2.jpeg

Gotta spend like $400 for 6oz :lol:

I don't remember where I read it but I remember reading that nyc only has one legit waygu spot lol

This was a couple of yrs ago so maybe that's changed since.

this is what Alexander’s prices are looking like in the city
9A1A8644-000C-42D8-91B7-9360655CD4F2.jpeg

Gotta spend like $400 for 6oz :lol:

Exactly. No beef on earth is worth that much; I swear people who pay that much are forcing themselves to think it's some life changing meal. Literally zero Japanese people I know would pay that much regardless of how good it is; you can get the same thing for $50 in Japan

U getting Wagyu beef outside of Japan? U doin it wrong or trying to impress a girl
I dont goto Steakhouses in general here in the US. Just give me some prime New Yorks or Tomahawks from Costco and let me grill it myself :lol:

I do like going to House of Prime Rib every now and then though :blush:

After eating at Michelin spots around the world, i can tell u this, expensive joints are rarely worth it.

My cousins husband who is much more well traveled than me told me this. If you cant go into the spot with shorts on, its probably not going to be good.

Last edited:
Exactly. No beef on earth is worth that much; I swear people who pay that much are forcing themselves to think it's some life changing meal. Literally zero Japanese people I know would pay that much regardless of how good it is; you can get the same thing for $50 in Japan
I wouldn't do that here but if im in Japan or Korea and knowing that I won't get to try it often. Ill do it...not if it's over $250-$300 though.

I wouldn't do that here but if im in Japan or Korea and knowing that I won't get to try it often. Ill do it...not if it's over $250-$300 though.

I ate Kobe wagyu at this spot called Hakushu in Tokyo; it was ~$70 for 5 oz. Now compare that to the prices here :lol:

If you're not specific about A5 wagyu having to be from Kobe, you can even hit up this spot called Ginza Steakhouse which has all you can eat A5 beef for $50

I've been to two Michelin star steak spots in my life a handful of times each.

I swear I feel my experience with em just depends on the cook that day. Lol. I've been wowed and other times it was good but not a wow experience.

Anyone here drink Japanese whisky? Im thinking of visitng Suntory during my next trip

I'm not even close to being an expert, but Suntory's Hibiki and Nikka Taketsuru are so damn smooth to me. After being on those for a while, something like Jameson makes me want to puke instantly :sick:

Yeah i stay with a bottle of Hibiki
I drink it in my Suntory x Baccarat glass.
i give my guests cheapo glassware :lol:

Back
Top Bottom