Asian Culture Discussion Thread

Whenever I visit family in Fresno, it's ridiculous how many trump signs I see along the 99.

I used to go to Fresno often to visit friends. Thankfully, they moved up to the Bay Area :lol: Most of those Trump supporters live in Clovis or near there. It's two completely different worlds; one side of Fresno is all Laos and Hmong, and then on the other side/Clovis are the basically all-white conservative communities.

Last edited:
Whenever I visit family in Fresno, it's ridiculous how many trump signs I see along the 99.

It's sad that many trump supporters think that ONLY white people are considered as "true Americans"
laugh.gif
Surprised really? That's the central valley. They're the same folks believing that Trump will create tons of jobs in these rural areas.

Also, I swear Fresno is like the butt-crack of California lol
Are there alot of asian gangs in california?
It depends where you're are. I know in the Sacramento area there are handful of Vietnamese/Hmong gangs that are known.

Last edited:
Surprised really? That's the central valley. They're the same folks believing that Trump will create tons of jobs in these rural areas.

Also, I swear Fresno is like the butt-crack of California lol

It depends where you're are. I know in the Sacramento area there are handful of Vietnamese/Hmong gangs that are known.

It's a toss up between Fresno and Bakersfield.

Last edited:
Bakersfield is probably worse. At least Fresno has good Laos food everywhere :lol: A TON of Asians that pretend to be black everywhere, though

Last edited:

It's sad that many trump supporters think that ONLY white people are considered as "true Americans" :lol:

fresno is pure trash :lol:

only time i've been in bakersfield is when i drive through it

Last edited:
Are there alot of asian gangs in california?

they're still out here

cambodian gangs out in long beach, wah ching out in SF and east east LA.

know some folks in the bamboo union triad from taiwan that are supposedly out here too.

Last edited:
I don't think it's just Asian Americans that love the Henny. All the Lao OGs here drink alot of it too. Either that or Remy :lol: My coworker asked me why/how I started drinking Henny. It's just what's I've been around since I was growing up. I remember being a little kid here in IL and everytime we went to visit my grandpa in OH, my parents would buy a case of Henny to bring to him...it was cheaper in IL back then. I feel like Henny and Heineken are the national drinks of Laos.

Legit sake has the best buzz of any liquor ive ever had

Just makes u really happy lol

Last edited:
I like sake and soju because of the lower alcohol percentage. I'm not at the age where I want to get @#$@$@ up off shots; I just want a decent buzz that I can easily maintain throughout the night and won't get me full (I love to eat while drinking). I think the only time I take shots of hard liquor these days are for special occasions.

A bunch of my friends also agree about sake having a "cheerful" buzz compared to heavy liquor. To me all types of liquor have the same effect, but everyone is different.

Last edited:
It's not that bad :lol: It's like light vodka. Maybe I just like it because I go to Seoul (and Santa Clara :lol: ) often

My friend doesn't like the flavor either, so I just mix it with some lychee or yogurt juice when we kick it. :pimp:

By the way, Nawzlew Nawzlew , you a fan of kaoliang? My Taiwanese friend introduced me to the strong variety when I visited him last November. Man that @#$@ is dangerous :lol: Made a bunch mixed drinks with it, and it was like I was back in my freshman year of college getting drunk off Everclear jungle juice :x :smh: Missed my flight back home the day after and had to pay an extra $500 to get on the next one

Last edited:
I used to go to Fresno often to visit friends. Thankfully, they moved up to the Bay Area :lol: Most of those Trump supporters live in Clovis or near there. It's two completely different worlds; one side of Fresno is all Laos and Hmong, and then on the other side/Clovis are the basically all-white conservative communities.
The city where my family lives is mostly Mexican I believe.

I was born there too. Thank god my parents and I moved to SF :lol:

soju taste like gasoline to me :lol: i only had it straight once, never again

honestly though i dont drink much cause im sorta allergic

sfc415 sfc415 i've never had kaoliang, only taiwan made alcohol i've had is kavalan which is a whisky

Last edited:
:rofl: My Lao co-worker back in Sacramento hooked me up with a bottle of Remy 1738.

Fetty Wap was like Lao Jesus to my friends when he first came on the scene with his 1738 ad libs :rofl: Used to hit up parties in Fresno that were full of Lao people shouting out 1738 in unison whenever one of his tracks came on.

Seriously though, Fresno was overall a terrible city, but the Lao community there is extremely friendly and accepting of anyone. I kind of miss those giant family cookouts I used to hit up every time I went down there. If you know just one person there, the rest will treat you like you're one of their own. I always ended up overeating and overdrinking because of how many strangers would come up to me and demand I take shots of Remy and eat more food :lol:

Last edited:
There are a lot of Vietnamese gangsters in LA and OC. Most of them aren't smart though because they aren't lowkey.

I hear there are some Chinese triad members out in the SGV area but I personally have never met one. Those guys stay lowkey.

SMH at the Soju slander

It's not the best but drink it with some Hite at KBBQ and your in for a good night.

My Vietnamese homie has a couple cousins about that life, they all live in Lawndale.

Somaek :pimp:

Most of the Asian gangsters I grew up around were just bored suburban kids :lol: Viet gangsters by day, middle to upper clsss students by night.
Most grew out of it by their late teens to early 20s, but a few stayed committed to that life for some reason. I don't see that many young Asian gangsters here in the Bay these days though. Gang culture in general has basically vanished outside of very specific neighborhoods.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom