Asics Love?!? Where is it?

As a complete newcomer I'd find this 100% useful. I've never given asics a second glance until a few weeks ago and now I want to try to get my hands on one of the new 2015 colorways. I especially like the gel lyte iii model.

I have zero idea what to do about sizing though. I wear a women's (female here) 9/9.5 in all my Nikes Roshe runs and flyknits, and a men's 8. Anyone have any experience with soze conversion/comparison between these completely different models of shoes?

Also how hard is it to get these shoes and where do you get them? I've been trying to read up and stuff and noticed that the colabs are obviously harder as expected but what about GR? I've seen a lot of links posted so I'm assuming those retailers are where I can find these shoes?
I wear an 8.5 in Nike Free Runs and the same size in Gel 3s and 5s,

Don't know if you guys seen this... Valentine Vs included. No half sizes though. http://www.main-source.co.uk/brands/asics.html

I mean these

but repped for the insight either way.

The on feet i have seen browsing google and instagram make them look weird shape wise to me just seeing if anyone had any
 I couldn't decide between the lime and purple pair so I got both with 50% here https://vierantwerp.com/products/brand/317 

I hope I can decide for one pair as I get them in hands...

Why is it they never carry half sizes in Asics on that site?
Asked a lot this and it seems that most of the UK stores lately don't get half sizes...

*edit: links added.

Last edited:
There seems to be a recent influx of sizing questions in the thread, I was thinking that some sort of sizing recommendations table could be made, like what had been done over in the New balance thread. I know that sizing can be different even among the same model, but if we had something we could edit as more things came out it could be useful to newcomers.

Basically I'm asking that if I were to get a survey together would everyone participate? I have the time on my hands to get the ball rolling but It would only work if we had a good amount of input.
Been fiddling with doing up the survey, and was wondering if we should ask sizing for other brands/models as well while we're at it? It'll form a masterlist of the shoe sizes for all of NT. lol

EDIT:

Here's one i created: http://goo.gl/forms/efjLBExPKl

Didn't want to include every single model out there, but tried to include the more popular brands and models.

Let me know if i need to include any more, or if it's just a bad idea lol

Last edited:
just took the survey

The only questionable thing is the terminology of TTS. I always used to say Jordans were my true size. Buy my Cool Grey 3s and my white cement 3s fit the same and are an 11 and 10.5 respectively.

So i would say my true size per jordans now, is a 10.5. I wear an 11 in most asics, and nikes. So i would say .5 up for GL3s and GL5s but thats not really true to some one who considers their true size a roshe run for example. I am an 11 in OG mesh roshes.

Just food for thought. Appreciate the survey. (in the survey i said TTS for GL3 assumed my size is an 11)

Last edited:
I guess there is no such thing as TTS. Sure, many pairs will fit in the same size (for me vans, dunks, GLV's it's all 9.5...). Might be more helpful to have data saying "if you wear a X in shoe A, you need a Y in shoe B".

Good job on the survey. Just answered... Yeah TTS is tricky, could be said size you wear the most. Oh and also pumas could be added in the survey... Or it is just europan thing to wear pumas? :smile:

Been fiddling with doing up the survey, and was wondering if we should ask sizing for other brands/models as well while we're at it? It'll form a masterlist of the shoe sizes for all of NT. lol

EDIT:

Didn't want to include every single model out there, but tried to include the more popular brands and models.

Wow good work! this could be a great tool if lots of people take the survey. 

EDIT:

didn't include the sagas? 

Yeah the TTS issue is a headache, but i had to base it off something. I guess ideally it would be best to compare actual sizes between shoes, but for the purposes of this survey comparing it to a "TTS" is the easiest way i can think of. I personally feel my Nike size is my TTS because firstly, we are in NIKEtalk, and they are probably the most ubiquitous.

Also, the survey would be a lot more awesome if Google Forms had some way of filtering results directly as opposed to having to manipulate the excel sheet to filter between feet widths.

didn't include the sagas? 
Ahhh knew i forgot something.. added now.

Last edited:

EDIT:

I've got a question for you on the survey. Does the tally get messed up if I leave some of the sizing questions blank? I can't answer about half of them because I've never owned/tried a pair on like gt-II and cools.

I've got a question for you on the survey. Does the tally get messed up if I leave some of the sizing questions blank? I can't answer about half of them because I've never owned/tried a pair on like gt-II and cools.
Just double-checked, and no it doesn't record the blank entry. So it's okay to leave them blank if you don't have the shoe.

Just double-checked, and no it doesn't record the blank entry. So it's okay to leave them blank if you don't have the shoe.
Awesome. Nice work on that.

Maybe throw a link in your sig so others can take it without having to find that post with the link?

Less than $50  before tax for "Brazil" Gel Epirus on 6pm.com. Free shipping, too.

Last edited:
They must have been sitting on pairs.

Surprised they didn't charge more because of the rope laces

Back
Top Bottom