Asics Love?!? Where is it?

so is anyone gonna try the link from the email solefly sent out first or just refresh the page? idk which to do lol

Long wait at the Concepts Pop Up shop in NYC. Cool theme. Not worth the wait so much tho. I'd like to thank the security guards there for repeatedly cursing at the people waiting in line when they didn't establish a real good structure from the beginning. Also all they alcohol they consumed while yelling at people. (Way to stay classy!) Absolutely freezing cold and it was hard to get an idea what sizes were left. Total time was 5 hours.

Hopefully everyone whom was there got theirs. As well as those shopping online. People were quite pleasant and one of the more cheerful crowds out tonight..

Thoroughly enjoying the simplicity of these joints tho...

copped the t too

Maybe "Dexter" inspired a bit...

Last edited:
Maybe "Dexter" inspired a bit...

After seeing the unwrapped box, It seems clear that CNCPTS pitched the theme to Asics as a Dexter colorway. When they first teased the "red top" vial of laces, there was speculation that it was supposed to be a vial of blood. The "80's Visa" rope laces do have more of a red blood cell feel too. The Dexter theme fits with the tarnished silver sockliner as well, which Deon Point said was supposed to resemble a gemstar, but could've been pitched to Asics as resembling Dexter's "tools."

I wonder if Asics was just covering themselves pretending to think it was a Dexter theme (but really knowing the truth) or if the way CNCPTS marketed the shoe surpised Asics as well. If it's the latter, I wonder how Asics feels about the deception and if they care.

Last edited:
love that dexter packaging.  would have bought if I knew that was the theme, one of my favourite shows.

After seeing the Dexter box. i sure do wish i didn't pass.
After seeing the unwrapped box, It seems clear that CNCPTS pitched the theme to Asics as a Dexter colorway. When they first teased the "red top" vial of laces, there was speculation that it was supposed to be a vial of blood. The "80's Visa" rope laces do have more of a red blood cell feel too. The Dexter theme fits with the tarnished silver sockliner as well, which Deon Point said was supposed to resemble a gemstar, but could've been pitched to Asics as resembling Dexter's "tools."

I wonder if Asics was just covering themselves pretending to think it was a Dexter theme (but really knowing the truth) or if the way CNCPTS marketed the shoe surpised Asics as well. If it's the latter, I wonder how Asics feels about the deception and if they care.

love that dexter packaging.  would have bought if I knew that was the theme, one of my favourite shows.
..........he just placed the shoe on top of a dexter boxset......

lol... is that what it is.. kinda ties in with the colourway.  just read the last post nd thought that's what it was, wasn't following the release.  if they'd done that I would have been allover it.  

..........he just placed the shoe on top of a dexter boxset......

Haha I was thinking about that after I posted! I was originally thinking the box was too big to be a single-season set, but didn't consider the box set until after my post.

I still wonder how CNCPTS pitched this idea to Asics. I doubt they said straight up, "Let's make a Cocaine-inspired shoe."

Any one got any info on these?

They pitched the crack den idea as an analogy to how we are as consumers and asics execs agreed and watched from a high rise with binoculars, laughing as the fiends shivered away on one the coldest evenings of this bitter nyc winter while only two of the cretins got their fix at a time, undergoing an arduous 15 minute per customer process of wrapping the product with only the finest of the materials that can be appreciated by only the finest of consumers: saran wrap and duct tape. Yes, this for a minimal return of frostbite, sore throat, muscle spasms, incontinence and being yelled at randomly by seemingly drunk people in ski masks. Glad I got to experience what an authentic transaction feels like as a result of addiction. NOW THAT'S a concept. 

Back
Top Bottom