Asics Love?!? Where is it?

On second thought...let's not forget these shops have business all week long, every week, all year. They are the top sneaker boutiques in America, they actually DON'T NEED the extra money off these 12 pairs. They got tempted and they slipped, that's how I see it at least... 

A lot of jerks on this website, I wouldn't buy a cap supporting it just off all the nonsense that goes on over here. At the same time a lot of cool dudes too and bashing on commonwealth in this instance is justified. Either confirm the situation and address it or Dont speak of it at all. Commonwealth guy was avoiding the question of why the hell were the kicks shipped using their account?
QFT

On second thought...let's not forget these shops have business all week long, every week, all year. They are the top sneaker boutiques in America, they actually DON'T NEED the extra money off these 12 pairs. They got tempted and they slipped, that's how I see it at least... 
lol top sneaker boutiques in america. Have you ever visited any of these places? its a tough business and a labor of love. 

The retail game is hard enough. Anybody have any idea how hard it is to maintain a successful retail boutique? Its not. Then you got a lot of angry sherlock holmes who obviously deserve these shoes at retail. Is it right to back door your TWELVE pairs of shoes you received? No. but a retail shop is not making ANY money off something like that. I can understand how this type of thing happens. Is it right? no. Is it a monumental injustice to all? nah. 
Pretty much my thoughts on it. It does suck when it is a shoe you want. I always supported local shops by buying crap in there at a higher price, etc. It was all good till the last couple years when people got really greedy. 

If you have a good local spot, don't just buy the hyped up releases. Buy some things to support them that you might be able to get cheaper online or elsewhere, just to support them. Chances are doing that when something good comes in you will get the heads up. Im old though, so I think in terms of how it used to be. However, you buying only the "hot" shoes or gear that comes in is not really "supporting" and does not pay their bills. Again, they are doing this for a living. So yeah, I may be honest about the fact shops do it...but Im not exactly bashing them either.

it's not always the owners. Sometimes it's the manager's trying to make some extra paper. They don't get anything for selling pairs at retail but 100 on top for 12 pairs is 1200 tax free in pocket for example

sippin that h8rade 
mean.gif

laugh.gif

You mad no anteaters fam?

You're name rings 0 bells son 
roll.gif

I should have told them it was for "stunnaman"

lol top sneaker boutiques in america. Have you ever visited any of these places? its a tough business and a labor of love. 
These guys aren't multi-millionaires by any means, but I am quite confident they do well enough for themselves to not have to resort to shady ish like this... 

Pretty much my thoughts on it. It does suck when it is a shoe you want. I always supported local shops by buying crap in there at a higher price, etc. It was all good till the last couple years when people got really greedy. 

If you have a good local spot, don't just buy the hyped up releases. Buy some things to support them that you might be able to get cheaper online or elsewhere, just to support them. Chances are doing that when something good comes in you will get the heads up. Im old though, so I think in terms of how it used to be. However, you buying only the "hot" shoes or gear that comes in is not really "supporting" and does not pay their bills. Again, they are doing this for a living. So yeah, I may be honest about the fact shops do it...but Im not exactly bashing them either.
this

Ultimately it seems we all have different standards of living and thus different values...I have visited extra butter many times I can tell you that much. They seem very happy to me... 

it's not always the owners. Sometimes it's the manager's trying to make some extra paper. They don't get anything for selling pairs at retail but 100 on top for 12 pairs is 1200 tax free in pocket for example
The employees I can understand, especially managers...but doing it so blatantly is what gets me here. I am not against being loyal to your employees don't get me wrong

These guys aren't multi-millionaires by any means, but I am quite confident they do well enough for themselves to not have to resort to shady ish like this... 
its shady man. true. I also do not condone it. but as far as 200+ posts and researching shipping addresses? nah. I personally am not really entitled to judge a shop on allegations. at the end of the day its A nbd and B not even 100 percent. who knows the real story? 

its shady man. true. I also do not condone it. but as far as 200+ posts and researching shipping addresses? nah. I personally am not really entitled to judge a shop on allegations. at the end of the day its A nbd and B not even 100 percent. who knows the real story? 
some people including myself have too much time on their hands 
laugh.gif
 I agree, nothing is 100 percent here (think I am going to stop here...least for a few hours tehee) 

This has been my experience with the Packer Release at Commonwealth...After hearing they were going to get pairs, I kept an eye out for posts on their twitter and instagram.

I called in on Wednesday at 3:12pm and the guy that answered said, " we were supposed to get them in today because the original shipment was supposed to come in on Sunday and that was delayed. I don't know what happened" I then asked if they would be releasing them on Saturday, after they receive the shipment or have a set date for a release. He replied, "Honestly...we'll probably just put them out whenever they come in." At 3:34ish'pm they posted the Instagram post about them being released in-store.

This morning, myself and 8 other people were waiting before the store opened. No one received a pair. We were told that as soon they posted that Instagram post, people came in and got their pairs, we were also told that they only had 12 pairs total. Whether or not shady business was going on..is still up for debate. It's odd to hear that the Sunday they were supposed to receive their pairs is the same day that the eBay posting was made.

I'll be honest...I've been shopping at Commonwealth since 2006 and I've always shopped there. They're good people who have done a lot for the streetwear culture in our area. The owner, Larry has always been a chill and humble dude who has always been open to assisting the customers. He even showed me the teaser photos of the Asics Collabs that they were putting out even before photos leaked. He's a good dude, as far employees go or even the eBay seller goes...I can't speak about. IMO, this was definitely a shady release and I'm shaking my head at the responses from @Cmonbeeazy.

Also, the guy that spoke about Creme selling their pairs out the backdoor..that's a flat out lie. I can personally tell you that Creme didn't even receive a shipment for the packers, check your facts before you go around trying to taint another store's name. 
see above about creme. 

As for Cmon, they did in fact sell some pairs last night.

the real fascinating side to all of this, which hasnt even been discussed, is how nike or asics etc will pull an account from you in a heartbeat if they catch wind of you backdooring shoes EXCEPT when it comes to limited releases like this, they obviously would never condone it, but they will turn a blind eye to it. they are too smart to understand it ultimately boosts their brand and demand when people pay a lot for a shoe. its worth so much more in advertising for them. 

Sent my boy to undftd to snag a 9 for him and a 9.5 for me. He was only able to get a 9.5 but kept it. Oh well

They were only letting people buy 1 pair. Thought that was fair And size 9 sold out before I got there this morning

Last edited:
the real fascinating side to all of this, which hasnt even been discussed, is how nike or asics etc will pull an account from you in a heartbeat if they catch wind of you backdooring shoes EXCEPT when it comes to limited releases like this, they obviously would never condone it, but they will turn a blind eye to it. they are too smart to understand it ultimately boosts their brand and demand when people pay a lot for a shoe. its worth so much more in advertising for them. 
nike doesn't care as long as shoes aren't sold early. As for asics I don't know, maybe @mtvtn can chime in on that.

It begins with them anyway. They know what they're doing when they're sending shops 12, 20 pairs. All that matters is that they hold some kind of release vs. backdooring everything.

Did anyone go to Gemini Release at Commonwealth on the day of the release?? 
I was there. Didn't buy them but the release was real smooth.  Didn't want the packers either, but friends were able to get them last night.

All these local cats know "facts" are usually misinformed. I don't know how people can be that blinded. It is nothing new. It happens. Hit up the local resellers or move on. 

Of all shoes to get people in their feels, they pick THIS release. Wow. Was it that hard for most? I know lots of people who were able to cop.

There is always another shoe. Guess I am fortunate to not have liked any new Asics so far. I'll keep the stuff I do have and be better off emotinally for it 
roll.gif

I was there. Didn't buy them but the release was real smooth.  Didn't want the packers either, but friends were able to get them last night.

All these local cats know "facts" are usually misinformed. I don't know how people can be that blinded. It is nothing new. It happens. Hit up the local resellers or move on. 

Of all shoes to get people in their feels, they pick THIS release. Wow. Was it that hard for most? I know lots of people who were able to cop.

There is always another shoe. Guess I am fortunate to not have liked any new Asics so far. I'll keep the stuff I do have and be better off emotinally for it 
roll.gif
i like this guy

Honestly I'm not sure man.. I think dude who got them for me got them awhile ago
I need those, size 12 ain't even up on eBay for em. My sister is out in China now but doubt that helps for this release. For all we know 25th anniversary asics could just be chilling at some low key shop out there :lol:

Back
Top Bottom