Asics Love?!? Where is it?

stop playing, I see em for sale anywhere (and the guy ain't asking a stack or something outrageous) I'm taking em no haggling or anything
I know i havent seen any of them around. Especially in the larger sizes. Do you know how many were released?

I know i havent seen any of them around. Especially in the larger sizes. Do you know how many were released?
No clue, biggest I've seen on eBay is a 10, and they are going for around 300(which is nothing imo considering they dropped at 1store). I got to find the Japanese version of eBay and see if anyone got any big sizes up.

No clue, biggest I've seen on eBay is a 10, and they are going for around 300(which is nothing imo considering they dropped at 1store). I got to find the Japanese version of eBay and see if anyone got any big sizes up.
Yeah thats a good idea. If you do and there is more than one pair...let a brother know

I like the koyos but i like the NB central parks better and they are a very similar theme so Im on the hunt for those instead
:lol: Bro I just sold my size 12 Central Parks on here last week for $170. You missed out! I let them go cuz I decided I want the Koyos instead lol

Last edited:

Which is why the list has to end. All it's gonna do is clog the thread..

Anyway let's try and right this ship..

Quick shots of my Koyos which finally came in today.

I'm very happy with them, although they are kinda similar to my Mitas but i'm still definitely keeping them.

Suede is not fantastic, although the extra details on the special box and insoles are very cool.
So how's the suede on the Mitas? I should have mine soon. Do I gotta worry about some shaggy suede or is it smooth?

@Bad Lieutenant  gifs are spot on this morning 
laugh.gif

So how's the suede on the Mitas? I should have mine soon. Do I gotta worry about some shaggy suede or is it smooth?
Not fantastic. It kinda reminds me of the felt-like suede on the Saucony x Solebox collabs, but it's not that bad. It's also a short hair suede and definitely not shaggy.

Cmon man they arent that bad. :D  I really like the quilted tongue/toebox 
Yea they're super nice in-person. Materials are way better than Koyos in my opinion. The fit was just a little different than what I was used to since it was my first pair of NBs

Last edited:
Not the best NB silhouette, Asian made, Ronnie tried too hard and should stick to Asics imo...

Central Parks are def not for me...

So, I know the Packers topic has been beaten to death but I have a question on production numbers.  How many "special" boxes were made?  I really wanted one and did two preorders only to have the dudes cancel on me and ask for more money (really pissed me off).  Do I just bite the bullet on the $$550 -$600 price-tag or will the price come down as more are released?

So, I know the Packers topic has been beaten to death but I have a question on production numbers.  How many "special" boxes were made?  I really wanted one and did two preorders only to have the dudes cancel on me and ask for more money (really pissed me off).  Do I just bite the bullet on the $$550 -$600 price-tag or will the price come down as more are released?
Well there were 1990 pairs total. Packer in store release was the only one with the boxes and i think they had around 2-400. But It sounds like packer and lots of other stores are sitting on pairs so your best bet would be to wait for those to drop but that a bit of a crap shoot. Prices will probably come down a little (not a lot for the box pairs tho) when the resellers cant get their ridiculous prices. The hype always lessens after a month or two.

Last edited:
Packers are super hyped and probably will be for a long time. I would pull the trigger now because I only see them going up in the future. The other option could be trying to grab another 25th anniversary GL3 from the 12 and trying to trade but who knows how the next 10 releases will go. 

@sneakerstalker  

Last edited:

Well there were 1990 pairs total. Packer in store release was the only one with the boxes and i think they had around 2-400. But It sounds like packer and lots of other stores are sitting on pairs so your best bet would be to wait for those to drop but that a bit of a crap shoot. Prices will probably come down a little (not a lot for the box pairs tho) when the resellers cant get their ridiculous prices. The hype always lessens after a month or two.
Yeah, I heard rumors on numbers but wasn't sure what was true.  I had two preorders (one at $375 and one at $400) just to cover my bases.  Both people said they'd give me a better deal if I did a PayPal invoice vs. eBay.  Against my better judgement, I did it.  Then they both came back and refunded me and said that if I wanted them, they would now be $600.  

Packers are super hyped and probably will be for a long time. I would pull the trigger now because I only see them going up in the future. The other option could be trying to grab another 25th anniversary GL3 from the 12 and trying to trade but who knows how the next 10 releases will go. 

@sneakerstalker  
I am digging the Commonwealth colab but I REALLY liked the Packers.  I think I'll just bite the bullet.

Thanks for the feedback, gents.  Repped.

Last edited:

Here is what you do:

1. Buy a regular pair of the Packers x Asics at $300 - $350
2. Buy a pair of stance socks
3. Buy a wooden shoe horn
4. Buy a suede brush

That is your special box. Why are people spending so much money on such mundane objects? I don't get it.

I really liked NB central parks but yeah cannot deny his asics are usually much better. He is not running asics store tho. 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom