Asics Love?!? Where is it?

** mind telling me the SKU # on those asics boss? Should start with a 42 on that sticker**

Aren't those the orange blaze gl3 from last year? Did they ever release in US back then? Glad I didn't cop from Europe and have chance at these.

Never seen the blue versions before...

Aren't those the orange blaze gl3 from last year? Did they ever release in US back then? Glad I didn't cop from Europe and have chance at these.

Never seen the blue versions before...
Yes that was the "infrared" CW only released in EU

hopefully this is all part of an elaborate plan by asics themselves to do all these hyped up collabs to build the name, then hit us with an iD site, and really cash in... or maybe they'll wait 'til some of the steam has ran out and then do it to lure people back in... who knows?

they're obviously listening some how cuz they certainly stepped up the quality of their GR's this year...

we can only hope...

ya mean the bottom left of the picture? slam jam's on the bottom far left, solebox's on the bottom far right...

think i'm gonna unDS both my pairs of those real soon.

Last edited:
hopefully this is all part of an elaborate plan by asics themselves to do all these hyped up collabs to build the name, then hit us with an iD site, and really cash in... or maybe they'll wait 'til some of the steam has ran out and then do it to lure people back in... who knows?

they're obviously listening some how cuz they certainly stepped up the quality of their GR's this year...

we can only hope...
Or maybe they just really don't understand the American retro and sportswear market. We take companies with market knowledge like Nike and New Balance for granted, but they're based in the U.S. A company like Asics has to put much more effort in to tap into the U.S. market, and so far they haven't ever really maintained a consistently strong effort in anything other than Onitsukas and performance models.

I don't know if this was asked but there are so many pages to go through but I've only recently started buying more asics since the decline of nike and jordan quality but is there a popular site either us or europe based where i can find some older releases i like that i can't find on ebay or on marketplaces like this? Any help would be appreciated thanks guys

Protoj, take my size 12 DS alvin purples and give me those damn slam jams.  You know you fit 12 better :wink:. hahaha

haha! my alvins are size 12... this is my 2nd pair of size 12 alvins actually... i had a FSR cuz cats were sleeping on 'em... kept the 13, this dude offered me $600 for 'em, i got another 12 and they actually fit a bit snug, but i can live with 'em...

weird sizing on asics part, the 11.5 slam jam's i got fit like the 12...

Why do you call him a loser? Because he's annoyed by all the crap that some of you new guys bring around? Its not even about Asics for me, its about this site in general. It happened to dunks, Jordans, it happened to NB's, Adidas depending on the release- and now Roshe's and Asics. Yall can crack jokes all you want, we see who just comes around to join in on the next hyped release, acts an *** and asks the stupidest questions, and then typically disappears and you see their whole "collection" up for sale a year later- all DS , and all for ridiculous prices. If yall wanna front, by all means- keep doing it. I've bought 3 pairs of Asics in my life, and 2 of them were strictly for gym/running shoes- and this is spread out over 10+ years :lol: I'm not opposed to new people around here at all, but a lot of the new crowd is obnoxious and about as sharp as a bowling ball. I see it happen in all the threads I frequent in regards to shoes (NB, Adidas Originals, cant even stand going into the SB thread anymore, even Saucony and Asics now- same fools poppin in and and saying "hi guise, im new here- please help me, im addicted to these shoes now" :rofl: ).I feel like i'm in 7th grade and its Pokémon mania all over again- seriously, act like ****** adults if you want respect. Aint nobody gonna help you out when you miss out on something you wanted. Why'd you come back from I....S......S.... anyways?

You just summed up my whole feeling of being a sneaker lover in general. 20+ years for me (w a few breaks in purchases to accommodate grown up stuff like houses etc) Not long ago those of us who had over 10 pairs of kicks were looked at as weirdos. It wasn't all that cool. I've been hoping it would beanie baby since 08 or so, and it's gotten worse. I hate being a cranky old dude who misses the clearance cops and fairly easy releases, but it's true. No disrespect to younger cats who truly love this, because you can't control your born day and you gotta start somewhere. I'm fortunate to have been there in the late 80s throu the 90s golden era. Things do go in cycles, and the bargain hunter in me will be waiting for the culture vultures to abandon ship and we will clean up :wink:. Only scary thing is I felt the same way when hip hop went mainstream. hoping the sneaker fad doesn't run the same course. /speech.Back to the shoes and lurk mode

THESE

Decided to do a little lace swap on my Fish Smell GL3s...Going to try grey laces next...

Back
Top Bottom