Asics Love?!? Where is it?

I was just making the observation that you refuse to pay ~$50 over retail, but yet you are looking to buy shoes that are hundreds of dollars over retail. 
Not speaking for OP, but there are plenty of shoes I would not pay retail + $25 for, or even retail, or even under retail.

There are some I would pay several times retail. Same as most of us on here I would guess...

What's my sig have to do with Baits? Pretty clear for that particular shoe I wasn't willing to pay the $225ish because I just don't like them enough to do so. I'm sure you feel the same way about plenty of others shoes that are the same model and different colorways, no? Like I said, if the opportunity for a good trade or under retail never comes, oh well.  And if so, then great. 
I was just making the observation that you refuse to pay ~$50 over retail, but yet you are looking to buy shoes that are hundreds of dollars over retail. 
Well, not a good observation then.  I don't like to pay over retail; however, I will.  In this particular case, not for the Baits.  So, if you had the possible opportunity to pay less for something, you wouldn't? Most of the time, there are deals out there, but people seem have to have it now and just won't wait. With the amount of shoes I purchase, it adds up quickly. Whether it's savings and over spending. If you read above, I could have drove down to Bait and tried at retail, but like I said. For ME personally, I just don't like them enough. But if a good deal came along, particularly a trade, I just may do it. In a perfect world, I'd rather do a trade for these.

Last edited:

I was just making the observation...  
This whole exchange reminds me of that fight scene from Dazed & Confused...

"Oh, an observation!?!"
One of my favorite movies of all time. Friday ranks up there as well.  Repped just because of the Dazed and Confused GIF 
nthat.gif

Not speaking for OP, but there are plenty of shoes I would not pay retail + $25 for, or even retail, or even under retail.

There are some I would pay several times retail. Same as most of us on here I would guess...

Well, not a good observation then.  I don't like to pay over retail; however, I will.  In this particular case, not for the Baits.  So, if you had the possible opportunity to pay less for something, you wouldn't? Most of the time, there are deals out there, but people seem have to have it now and just won't wait. With the amount of shoes I purchase, it adds up quickly. Whether it's savings and over spending. If you read above, I could have drove down to Bait and tried at retail, but like I said. For ME personally, I just don't like them enough. But if a good deal came along, particularly a trade, I just may do it. In a perfect world, I'd rather do a trade for these.
There is a huge difference between what people want to pay (obviously no one wants to pay) and what the market dictates someone to pay.

That's what I'm saying. Just because you don't want to pay for something and think you shouldn't have to pay a certain amount has no bearing on what the market price is.

There is a huge difference between what people want to pay (obviously no one wants to pay) and what the market dictates someone to pay.

That's what I'm saying. Just because you don't want to pay for something and think you shouldn't have to pay a certain amount has no bearing on what the market price is.
I agree with the market statement, but even on eBay they're $290 - $300ish at least in my size. PP direct, take 10% off right there, so now we're $260 - $270ish with the guys offering free shipping and this is only a few days after the release. After the hype, if you want to call it that for these tapers off and people are still sitting on them can't get rid of them, IMO deals can be had. I'm not saying people are going to give them away, but I also wouldn't be surprised see a few people getting them for $185 down the road either. 

I agree with the market statement, but even on eBay they're $290 - $300ish at least in my size. PP direct, take 10% off right there, so now we're $260 - $270ish with the guys offering free shipping and this is only a few days after the release. After the hype, if you want to call it that for these tapers off and people are still sitting on them can't get rid of them, IMO deals can be had. I'm not saying people are going to give them away, but I also wouldn't be surprised see a few people getting them for $185 down the road either. 
Well keep us updated then if you are able to get a deal. I think you might be having to wait a while but who knows.

Well keep us updated then if you are able to get a deal. I think you might be having to wait a while but who knows.
Will do.

I only expect under retail eBay deals on collabs with lukewarm reception + a lot of pairs produced... ie most of BAIT's other stuff.

As a 25th anniversary release, I don't think the resellers will stoop that low on the Nightmares unless you're really lucky.

I wouldn't pay 100 for the BAIT 25th..
You know you wanna double up 
roll.gif

I only expect under retail eBay deals on collabs with lukewarm reception + a lot of pairs produced... ie most of BAIT's other stuff.

As a 25th anniversary release, I don't think the resellers will stoop that low on the Nightmares unless you're really lucky.
I guess time will tell. Not upsetting if they never do, but great if so. More worried about my pending Chicago 1 strikeout at the moment lol. Need some UNC 1s, too.  

Last edited:
Hey guys.

Working on my work schedule leads me to..... Which saturday is it more likely the HAL 25th will release - the 24th or the 31h? 

Thank you in advance :smile:

Hey guys.

Working on my work schedule leads me to..... Which saturday is it more likely the HAL 25th will release - the 24th or the 31h? 

Thank you in advance :smile:
Hard to tell, the dates have been kind of random and have been pushed back in a few cases. I would think the 31st is the most likely date, but no one can know for sure.

Nice. Just copped some Gel Respectors. 
nthat.gif

NT is feasting off that cat. @trentbg  posted about his Reebok listings in that thread this morning, but between the Asics and Sauconys there are some mega-steals to be had. I'm glad there are other drops coming that I'm interested in or I'd be dropping a stack with this guy today.

If anyone is looking for the nightmares in a 10 someone is selling em in the asics saucony new balance fb group for 250$

Last edited:
So I just got these in today and it looks like I'm gonna have to sell them. Got a size 12 but nowhere on the site did it say women. If I was an 11 these would fit fine, sucks.

So I just got these in today and it looks like I'm gonna have to sell them. Got a size 12 but nowhere on the site did it say women. If I was an 11 these would fit fine, sucks.

mean.gif
 sucks but i do know the feeling. got the "odity" pack like this... guess it is a womens CW 

side note: i believe 12 womans = 10.5 mens

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom