Asics Love?!? Where is it?

fair point, there's some collabs better than others of course.

But usually with collabs the color blocking, CW and the overall asthetic of the shoe is supposed to be top notch. I don't see it here. I haven't felt the nubuck so I can't grade it material wise.

There's nothing about those SB's that generate the 'wow' factor like a collab should.

That's just my two cents tho.
fair enough

honestly, the solebox do nothing for me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

THIS!!!

Those are a GR with solebox slapped on the heel

THIS!!!

Starting timer for change of heart posts prior to Solebox release and waiting to hear they're fire and favorite collab of the year lol

So upon release, that boring shoe will no longer be boring? [emoji]128529[/emoji]
Is this a rhetorical question?
ohwell.gif
 You've been around long enough and should know the drill. Happens on a lot of releases. Trash one day and fire the next. Especially if they're moving faster than anticipated.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Is this a rhetorical question? :\  You've been around long enough and should know the drill. Happens on a lot of releases. Trash one day and fire the next. Especially if they're moving faster than anticipated. :lol:

Oh trust me, I know. :lol: Solebox on that shoe means they gon' fly. I'm just used to Solebox doing so much more with their shoe collabs. They half assed this one for sure.

And to think I was gonna skip these at first.....props to bad lieutenant bad lieutenant for talking me in the right direction

Now that's how you do a collab. [emoji]128077[/emoji] Not saying resale value or hype on these Offsprings will be anywhere near those Solebox joints. But simple can be executed right & not look flat out boring. SBs look like something you'd find on the bottom shelve of a Shoe City.

Maybe if they reversed the black & blue, made the entire sole like the translucent rear piece. I feel that hint of blue on nubuck would of been much better. Oh well...

Last edited:

honestly, the solebox do nothing for me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
these would sit if they were a GR.
Agree with the underwhelmed. Meh at best.
Yeeeaaahh I agree with these. Sometimes I wonder why some collabs fly. I personally didn't like the Solstices because of the shade of indigo used and the Offsprings because of that random hit of teal (otherwise a very clean colorway). I know for some it's the brand's history of collabs but from a color blocking and design standpoint, it's not for me. Solebox looks like it's from a GR catalog and the logo branding is loud enough to make you think, why couldn't they make a shoe that speaks for itself.

Is this a rhetorical question?
ohwell.gif
 You've been around long enough and should know the drill. Happens on a lot of releases. Trash one day and fire the next. Especially if they're moving faster than anticipated.
laugh.gif

Oh trust me, I know.
laugh.gif
Solebox on that shoe means they gon' fly. I'm just used to Solebox doing so much more with their shoe collabs. They half assed this one for sure.
Certainly not suggesting they're their best work at all. I'll take a swing at them for retail. If I get them great, if not, oh well.  But in general, I prefer toned down with great materials, thoughtful placement of branding, and colors that can be used with an assortment of different clothing. Which is probably why I like the Squads, Reigning Champs, and HAL Mortars of the world. I personally do not care for a shoe that looks like it has too much going on, but that's not to say there are not exceptions.  Super corny, but the first time I read Reigning Champs' guiding principles, it really resonated with me and not just shoe standpoint. Has validity in a lot of aspects of our lives "Respect the details. Master simplicity"

man u guys are wylin

i need those sole boxes. i may need some help from the OGS of this thread.

havent copped a collab in awhile.

so near impossible to get with random online release. think they will release stateside?

Back
Top Bottom