Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Picked these up at a HOH for 75$ with suede protector. My first pair of asics and I am very pleased!

It's been a while since I broke these out. These were an everyday shoe at one point, I'm surprised at the condition they're still in.

I just can't believe none of the stores around me have that red Gel Lyte III GR, doesn't make sense.

I saw all the colors of the footlocker asics in Charlotte, surprisingly the quality of the shoes wouldn't allow me to pull the trigger on any of them. Red with the white laces are best of the lot IMO.

^^^ Agreed, the navy pair has pretty nice quality as well. But the red is the superior CW. Green and blue pairs are pretty bad in person imo...

Those SR 1s though :smokin

Anyone know of other sneaker shops in Vegas that may have the navy/red gtII? Feature is all out of sizes 9 and up

anyone try these with white or dark grey laces?

I got light grey laces in mine. Tried the orange rope laces that come with the Miami's, but it's still too much orange IMO. Usually on color blocking like this, when the tongue is a bright color and diff than most of the rest of the shoe, I don't like to put the same color laces on top. Makes it too much of that color in one place. A contrasting color lace breaks it up and balances it out. Asics has done this same color blocking on a couple GR's, and I find light grey laces to match the grey part on the middle of the midsole works really well (that grey part isn't as dark as it seems in those pix you quoted, that's why I said light grey).

Those red GR's from HOH do look better with white or light grey laces. I'd pick them up if I didn't already have the red nice kicks 1.0's...

This. The beige midsole is supposed to represent the sand of the beach and the bluish greenish grey upper is supposed to represent the water. The faux vintage look was not intentional.

I know what the theme is and everything. Just still too bland and worn out looking for me. Those ropes do help the shoe a lot tho.

any info on these

I think these are newer, think the first pix of them surfaced by a kith employee right after the ECP release (they had them blurred out in the background), then this actor guy was photographed wearing them. Prolly gonna be one of RF's releases this year or next. A good consolation prize for those who can't find or don't wanna drop a stack on the first coves.

Back
Top Bottom