Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Anybody got the kobe beefs in hand to see whether the leather quality is veg tanned or smth premium?

Lolll I've been meaning to post this exact question. I can't find anything other than promo shots!

It looks like they sold out at almost all EU spots, but sitting at most places in the US, really hope to get em on disco

IMG_20200306_233647.jpg

Can someone ELI5 how does it evolve over time?

IMG_20200306_233647.jpg

Can someone ELI5 how does it evolve over time?
All natural leathers will age in different ways: creasing, cracking, dehydrating, color change, get softer, how you care for them, etc. I haven't seen Kobe beef leather used before, so it's new territory for most people and how it'll age over time.

The leather texture reminds me a little of the Foss Gallery's a couple years back.

Can anyone confirm?

All natural leathers will age in different ways: creasing, cracking, dehydrating, color change, get softer, how you care for them, etc. I haven't seen Kobe beef leather used before, so it's new territory for most people and how it'll age over time.

The only thing I've found about Kobe beef leather is that of a pair of baseball gloves that it's Japanese users say they get used to it easily in a month whereas other types take longer.

The leather on these definitely do look really soft and supple though. But then again, it's just my eyes looking at that tumbled look. I doubt these would patina but definitely would crease a bit.

What I find strange is that if they're actually made from Kobe cows, why is there no info on that anywhere else? You'd think they'd use that as a selling point...All the outlets just say "premium leather", and the only one with the info on the actual materials is someone on IG?

Hoping to confirm between both pairs this weekend. My Kobe’s should arrive tomorrow 🤞

Thanks. looking forward to your observations.

What I know is that with for instance my Henderschemes, you can actually use babywipes (non-alcohol / non-scented) to "artificially" age vege tan leather. So...not sure if these are natural non-dyed or already pre-dyed.

For those who cares to know little more about leather used for GL III “kobe Beef” here’s what I’ve found out...

It isn’t widely known even in Japan since Kobe cow leather just started appearing last year.
In January of 2019, city of Kobe announced beginning of marketing and branding of leather produced from Kobe cows.

One would assume why now? In business news paper article it explained why. One being difficulties to secure enough materials since Kobe cows are smaller and due to number of Kobe cows.

A cow to be branded as “Kobe beef” it must go through very selective processes. I believe process begins from not only condition of meat, but where and how it is raised. Anyone who had Kobe beef would know that it isn’t something one can simly drive out to a local supermarket to pick it up on way home from work.

Also difficulties in producing leather from Kobe cow was an issue for its availability in past.
It isn’t the only case for Kobe cows. Many high end/branded cattle raised in Japan are notorious for its fatty contents and thinner skin which is difficult for processing.
These distinctive characteristics found in high end cattle alone made skilled tanner to produce quality leather in quantities.

I’ve not had an opportunity to hold such unique leather but I also would like to hear from those who’s picking it up.

Thanks. looking forward to your observations.

What I know is that with for instance my Henderschemes, you can actually use babywipes (non-alcohol / non-scented) to "artificially" age vege tan leather. So...not sure if these are natural non-dyed or already pre-dyed.
Sorry, I thought I’d have the Kobe’s today. Delayed until the 10th now. They’re only shipping from Louisiana to NY. Sneaker Politics shipping is horrible!!

These look even better in regular shots than the promo ones. Much more of a subtle color, looks great.
Fit is similar to all the newer GLIII (Last 2-3 years)?
Yep, fit is definitely similar to all the newer GLIII's

Leather do indeed looks premium and good. Is it veg-tanned?
Not really sure. I guess I'll know for sure after a few wears outdoors and whether they start to look more like my aj1 vachetta tans or not. Love how those are aging so far...but still a ways to go.
IMG_4548.jpg

Yep, fit is definitely similar to all the newer GLIII's

Not really sure. I guess I'll know for sure after a few wears outdoors and whether they start to look more like my aj1 vachetta tans or not. Love how those are aging so far...but still a ways to go.
IMG_4548.jpg

Can you try using non-scented (no alchohol) baby wipes on a discrete corner of the shoe to see if they change color?

If they do, then it's likely they will.

Back
Top Bottom