Asics Love?!? Where is it?

RF Asics generally don't go to other places. The NBs do, but not the Asics.. I struck out for the first time. A girl in my office got a 10.5 and is going to give them to me. I now have to sell to get my size.. Damn.....
eyes.gif
I wish people in my office were cool like that haha.. yeah I'm supposed to get my 10.5s today but I think I might have to size up, such a struggle too.

@remedy... yeah I'm sure the "usual" spots will receive less pairs, that was my thought when I heard of getting more pairs for the re-release, but I don't recall if asics have been released in other places, sad thing is, most of these will be in store so anyone who does online (ie. me) is out of luck

@foamtothedome, I originally started shoe collecting with the rf x asics 2.0 gel lyte 3s, I saw the split tongue and truthfully speaking, I think they are more comfortable and they are a good recommendation.

that was a joke. found the link just before the tweet. 10.5 to 13 were pretty much in carts already. ended up with a damn 7.5. thought about flipping to get my size, but I'm done with fieg. this stems from not just the release today, but from the dude as a person. I like a little confidence, but dude's arrogance is out if this world. a little bit of popularity got to him to where he's proclaiming changing the game. he's just a product of being in a fortunate position that allows him to bite on EXISTING canvases. blue label? more like tommy bahama for teens.

Like previously said, RF Asics normally don't see a wider release like his NB's do. I wouldn't count on it, but it would be cool if they did for those who missed out. My pair I lucked up on from the kithstrike is scheduled for delivery today. Hope they are as dope in person as they are in pics.

Feedtheego is right, his asics have NEVER released at other locations after the initial drop, its one and done. would be VEERRRRYYYYYY surprised if it is different this time. New Balances? yes. Asics? not so much. im sure it has to do with each company and how they differ in production runs.

Antidote- he is a master marketer, you wouldnt be able to get where he is at by trying to please everyone and claiming your own product is just "mediocre"

Yea, I don't get that part where people are calling him arrogant... You have to "big up" your brand. No one will do it for you. You have to act like the man with the master plan. He can't say, "These are the Third best shoes out..." Come on guys. If you are going to complain, complain about something that is founded... Not something based off hearsay. I doubt anyone in here personally knows him except Adam Zee. I don't know him.

I was irritated about how this particular release went down, but I have had luck with all of others. You win some, you lose some. People should think of it like that. Hate the guy, don't buy his product.. Don't let your emotions take over, all over some shoes that will burn when everything is said and done...

Feedtheego is right, his asics have NEVER released at other locations after the initial drop, its one and done. would be VEERRRRYYYYYY surprised if it is different this time. New Balances? yes. Asics? not so much. im sure it has to do with each company and how they differ in production runs.

Antidote- he is a master marketer, you wouldnt be able to get where he is at by trying to please everyone and claiming your own product is just "mediocre"
uhh. no he's not. he was a manager at david z that was asked to do a collab on 2 shoe models that did horrible. he's been able to still be relevant due to past success as his latest stuff is faded compared to the "older" stuff. master marketing is ralph lauren. used car salesman marketing is more fieg than anything else.

you have to "big up" you brand if you're some trend like diamond supply. usually if you have to self proclaim something, it's most likely not the case.

never heard rl say they're/he is changing the game. never heard taka h hype up his collabs. jeff staple self proclaiming anything? nope. again. used car salesman is to fieg as fieg is to an even slower looking david blaine.

this release didn't go smooth at all. pretty disappointed. they should've had it up at the right time. and if not just reschedule it for a later time when they figured it out before posting the link back up. simple. smh ronnie..

never heard rl say they're/he is changing the game. never heard taka h hype up his collabs. jeff staple self proclaiming anything? nope. again. used car salesman is to fieg as fieg is to an even slower looking david blaine.

Bro... RL does all sorts of advertisement.. Not to mention product placement.. Plus he has a slew of ignorant rappers and celebs giving free publicity. Comparing RF to a GLOBAL brand isn't even the same type of game. The fact that you and I are even talking about this is a testament to his marketing. Jeff Staple, while successful, doesn't have the same level of hype, nor the vehement collectors that Ronnie has.. his drops aren't as frequent either.

Some of the RF drops have been really good, but dudes are buggin putting some Salmon Toes on ebay for like 1500 - 2000.

Not trying to buy into the manufactured hype that much. Sometimes the ish starts feelin a little Fukijama from Entourage-ish.

i got lucky with the Saturday drop but that password sh*t was definitely wtf..

Last edited:
That was not a good way to start my birthday. I just wish they could have done a set time release, and not a random drop..

Got my shipping confirmation from kith a minute ago, what a release this was.
I have this weird feeling I won't get mine.  I placed two different orders for the alpine westnyc NB's and both were cancelled so I am getting really used to getting my hopes up and then being let down.  Hopefully mine will come soon. 

Wasn't able to get a pair, which didn't surprise ne. Looks like I'll be searching Ebay for the next couple of weeks...

Last edited:
I have this weird feeling I won't get mine.  I placed two different orders for the alpine westnyc NB's and both were cancelled so I am getting really used to getting my hopes up and then being let down.  Hopefully mine will come soon. 
if you place 2 orders both of them will automatically get canceled.

if you place 2 orders both of them will automatically get canceled.
I know man bad wording on my part one order from tres bien got cancelled and one from Stab Berlin.  Both got cancelled after I had the order confirmation, they were on separate days.  I got my Kith tracking though so I am relieved, but I have been bitter about the alpines and really would prefer them over these, either way I am excited I got through.

Back
Top Bottom