Asics Love?!? Where is it?

i just checked it out and yeah the hanon pic does show the label with "sales sample" on it

Last edited:
Well I'm glad we sorted that out lol.

Oh I don't mean Asics doesn't profit from Fieg that'd be ridiculous, he does more to build that brand's image and value than just about anybody.  So like I said, it seemed to me ... but now I know.  Thanks I got that pick off of Modern Notoriety so it was probably a sample preview pic I would assume and thus it all makes sense now oye.

Sooooo now to go to china town n look for patterned round athletic laces :tongue:

well, the initial release of the caviars in europe earlier this year, all the pairs had this terrible fish smell to them. we discussed it in here and over on ISS...

so if the recent kith release doesn't have that smell, i dunno...

and i don't think those rope laces bring them together at all... not in the infrared color... it's already too much infrared cuz the split tongue is infrared, perhaps if they rope laces were black or grey...

i have regular flat grey laces in my caviars and i prefer them over black and infrared laces.

i even tried the flat infrared patterned laces from the super reds in them, and it's still too much infrared for me.

Last edited:
Just got my Denims too, and I'm extremely impressed. The quality is just ridiculous. They are so amazing looking in person. I'm very happy with this purchase. No regrets at all.

Got my denims in the other day. I must say these shoes are very clean. Definitely worth the price point in my opinion.

Yea, my pair from hanon had the fish smell when they arrived. It was terrible :smh:

Believe somebody said it was the glue or something, I have no clue.

I got the Denim Selvedges yesterday and they're HOT. It's the first time RF Asics look better in person.

I also managed to get an extra sz 9.5 RF x Asics GL3 "Denim Selvedge" from my friend. Is anybody interested before I put these up on eBay?

Last edited:

I see you're new to NT. If you're new to sneakers in general, you get a pass but otherwise, look around that site and the colorways + prices of the sneakers. When you see a bunch of colorways in all kinds of models that were never released and others that are hard to find and they're all really cheap, that means the site sells fakes.

So no, it's not legit.

Quick question, what is a good price to pay for 9/10 size 11 super red 2.0 gt ii's?  I found a seller who wants $335 but I'm trying to bring it lower, :tongue: not one to spend over 300 on shoes haha.

I remember when I wouldn't spend over $300 on a pair, back when I could buy kicks and eat well. Hahahaha
$300 would be a good price if you can get them down to that. Prices are all over the place these days. I've seen people asking up to $700 for a DS pair of the Super Red 2.0s. Thankfully I got mine pretty soon after they dropped. They're pretty sweet in the flesh. Best of luck with the sale.

it's ridiculous that people are shelling out so much for his pairs. that's what's feeding the resellers to come out in droves for his releases lol. i didnt realize those went for so much. i sold my ds pair for about that much. i thought the super reds were dull, and another example of how he misleads the public with his altered images.

^ true, I would agree that the super red 2s were the most underwhelming of his more recent releases. I actually thought they would have been much better with the red suede that was used on the saucony shadow 6000 blue apples. That suede was a much more rich shade of red than the one he used. Whatevs...

I actually think the best pair he designed never got made, The Mossads were sweet. On the reseller issue, I think they should make people put them on their feet at the time of purchase and walk out the door with them. I'm sick of seeing 90% of stock up on eBay the day they release.

I actually think the best pair he designed never got made, The Mossads were sweet. On the reseller issue, I think they should make people put them on their feet at the time of purchase and walk out the door with them. I'm sick of seeing 90% of stock up on eBay the day they release.
I've been sayin the same thing, nuthin lamer imho then seein the consignment shops postin the rd kicks for a 100% markup the day they come out... I'm not one to knock the hustle but that's just foolishness.

Tried swapping in the Red/Black laces from the "Caviar" GL3s into the "Selvedge" GL3s. Looks pretty good, IMO.

Last edited:
Idk those laces look good, but a little orange imo.  Well I decided not to go through with the sale, 335 is too much and the guy was being an *** because I told him thats a lot of money to dish out for a pair of shoes (trying to bring it down :tongue:).  Hopefully I'll find a pair in the near future even though this is the first in a long time that it's been near my size :frown:

Back
Top Bottom