Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Still no shipping confirmation here... I'll be calling them up tomorrow morning.
Still no shipping confirmation here... I'll be calling them up tomorrow morning.

GTFAN, word of advice, they don't answer their phone, email them with your order # and they'll reply the same day. Ask if your order has shipped.

GTFAN, word of advice, they don't answer their phone, email them with your order # and they'll reply the same day. Ask if your order has shipped.
Finally got through to Customer Service over the phone. Told me my size wasn't shipped out yet. I got a shipping confirmation a few minutes later.

Finally got through to Customer Service over the phone. Told me my size wasn't shipped out yet. I got a shipping confirmation a few minutes later.
Yeh thats usually what they do. If you call and inquire about your order they move it to the front of the line and get it shipped out. They've done that to me a couple of times

Yeh thats usually what they do. If you call and inquire about your order they move it to the front of the line and get it shipped out. They've done that to me a couple of times
I didn't mention a name or an order number, just my size. Unless they matched up the phone numbers, it must have been next in line already.

Anyone know the best place to look for sellers of old releases? I'm in the 11-11.5 size range but fit the best in a 11.5 and it seems nobody sells old releases in that size for reasonable prices. 

You need to be more specific. What models ? how old is old? 1 yr, 5 yrs, even older?

^^ i think you're kinda out of luck my man. just have to stay patient and wait for a reasonable collector on NT, SC, eBay...etc. searching is half the fun!

Searching is the best part man. Most of the time you find things you didn't know you wanted! Haha.

No yea I understand, I search hours on end for new stores predominantly in the UK area since rarely any US based shops sell nice asics other than kith and what not.  I managed to get both the solar eclipses, selvedge denims, caviars, and have a pair of emeralds in an 11.5 (caviars are an 11), but am really trying to get any past release tbh.  Salmon toes in my sizes are long gone and there's no chance I'm paying $2000+ for a pair and leatherbacks seem to have skyrocketed as well.  I would love a pair of nice kicks x gt iii or afew x koi club gt iii but I haven't seen any being sold in a really long time.  I tried getting into the asics game a while ago before salmon toes came out, but never had any luck until the past few months fortunately.  Man i remember when salmon toe resellers were only asking $500 and sometimes less :frown: those times.

Anyone know the best place to look for sellers of old releases? I'm in the 11-11.5 size range but fit the best in a 11.5 and it seems nobody sells old releases in that size for reasonable prices. 
I'm looking for GLIII's GR DS/Collab VNDS ok sz 12 and not spend more than 150 shipped I'm sol \(^.^)/ but i do think as I get older I'm just going to start buying specific shoes GL3s, AJ4s, Questions and just leave the rest of the silliness to the hype-eys... I'd like to avoid Kithstrikes b/c I'm sold on them being the B grades that RF flips as a favor to Asics.  Those caviars are a horrible example as the heel cap on the midsole when these released was speckled, and I had a similar experience with my blueberries missing a chunk of foam about the size of half my pinky nail in the front foot midsole as well... still love the shoe but man... i'm telling ya if I can find a place that sells fancy athletic round pattenered laces I'll just be scoopin all the GL3s at release and makin my own kithstrike versions

His lace connect must be top secret highly confidential info...
roll.gif

I wouldn't even mind if Ronnie Fieg sold replacement laces. I personally love his laces but I'm always, for a lack a better term, scared of wearing them. If they get messed up or caught on something I have no way to replace them. If one of the regular laces he sends gets messed up, I couldn't care less. Best example for me personally are my Neptunes. I love the blue colored rope laces they came with, but I'm always hesitate to put them in because of the chance I might ruin them. Seems a little ridiculous I know, I just really like laces; too much I guess. Haha.

So if he started selling replacement laces for OG collabs he has done, I'd be all for it; no matter the price.

id be one of the last guys to defend kith, but i dont see where this b-grade stuff is coming from? aside from that reject pair the guy that posted the video had, the others seem to have a normal sole. not exactly sure what nixonjames is talking about the speckled heel cap either. i dont remember that at all. unless im misunderstanding. i actually think they found a stockist that had leftover pairs and bought them up and resold them through their store at a marked up price to make profit. retail for a GR gel lyte should not have been $120. i noticed a few of the people that got the kithstrike had boxes with a price sticker peeled off.

id be one of the last guys to defend kith, but i dont see where this b-grade stuff is coming from? aside from that reject pair the guy that posted the video had, the others seem to have a normal sole. not exactly sure what nixonjames is talking about the speckled heel cap either. i dont remember that at all. unless im misunderstanding. i actually think they found a stockist that had leftover pairs and bought them up and resold them through their store at a marked up price to make profit. retail for a GR gel lyte should not have been $120. i noticed a few of the people that got the kithstrike had boxes with a price sticker peeled off.
First off that's what I thought immediately when i got my blueberrys when I saw a chunk (yes that's the right word, i'll see if i can take a pic later) missing in the forefoot midsole... but I was skeptical til they came out with the "Caviar" ... and I just knew I'd seen that shoe before

Which one is the spring 2012 release v. the caviar?

I'm a very skeptical person to think something like the Bgrade thing but once I saw that side by side I sorta was like, wait...

It's really amazing how well those laces pull the shoe together, I'll be surprised if Asics doesn't steal the idea and use patterned round ones for all these GL3s at this rate :tongue:

...as for laces hookup dude. seriously. i spent hours on chinese sneaker factory websites trying to find these sorts of patterns...

But honestly, I could be completely wrong, it wouldn't be the first or last time but if those pics are reliable I'm having trouble arguin it...

Last edited:
where's that pic from? gotta be fake.

here's pics from afew and titolo when they dropped in europe early this year. i dont ever recall them extending the splatter onto the endcap. i cant picture it effectively sticking on without adding some embossing or something. they're not gonna go that extra mile/expense into GRs. even the atmos gel lytes didnt have it on the endcaps.

Last edited:

First off that's what I thought immediately when i got my blueberrys when I saw a chunk (yes that's the right word, i'll see if i can take a pic later) missing in the forefoot midsole... but I was skeptical til they came out with the "Caviar" ... and I just knew I'd seen that shoe before

Which one is the spring 2012 release v. the caviar?

I'm a very skeptical person to think something like the Bgrade thing but once I saw that side by side I sorta was like, wait...
It's really amazing how well those laces pull the shoe together, I'll be surprised if Asics doesn't steal the idea and use patterned round ones for all these GL3s at this rate :tongue:
...as for laces hookup dude. seriously. i spent hours on chinese sneaker factory websites trying to find these sorts of patterns...

But honestly, I could be completely wrong, it wouldn't be the first or last time but if those pics are reliable I'm having trouble arguin it...

Wait, what? You make it seem like Asics doesn't profit from Fieg/Kith releases. Unless you're saying Asics would just throw patterned round laces in GLIIIs and charge more for GRs?

The pic with the speckled back can be found on hanon-shop.com.  Just type in gel lyte iii infrared and take a look for yourself, so I do agree with many that they were b-grades in a way.  Hanon had those on pre-order and I'm pretty sure they're a legit site as well.

those were samples (on hanon's site), not stock photos. i guess that's where the other pic came from. i havent seen one pair on foot with the speckled endcap.

Back
Top Bottom