Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Not $150 but a GR too that ain't trash=ALVIN retro

Yeah, I can't mess with rope lace supply. They changed up their supplier and now their laces are too stiff. The tips are too short and way too big for most of my shoes. It feels like I'm ripping the eyelets when trying to lace them up.
Damn,when did this happen? I wanted to put another order in soon (last order i put in was around Jan/Feb)

hype is unreal on many of these collabs.  so i went with an older GR for my first gel lyte iii.  basic white lace swap

^^Very nice clean colorway.  Not sure how you feel about rope laces, but IMO these would look great on them: http://**************.bigcartel.com/product/navy-gray

damn those rope laces would match perfectly.  probably look cleaner too.  have to try those now lol.  good looking out bro

Those grey/navy GL III are the worst quality GR I own :smh:

People complain about the UCs being uncomfortable :lol:

Should i trade my alvins for the rf golds? Dude want me to add 50

On paper it sounds bad but those KFEs are SUPERB trade bait, not sure why but people are making the most lopsided trades for those at the moment. I'd still try to talk him done on that $50 go for $35

50 makes it pretty close to retail since the USA's were 185(197 shipped) and in the long run will have a higher resale value since it has Ronnie's names attached. But the Alvin's are a dope shoe so it's a matter of personal preference or whichever you see yourself wearing more.

I don't think you should add any money for that trade. Also, I'm sure you can pull off Alvins a lot easier than an all gold shoe, but to each their own.

Just my two cents.
I agree, straight trade would be even IMO. Both are nice colorways and pretty limited(important to some folks). If you had to add I say no more then $25, $30 tops if you need them that bad.

Alvin's > than any KFE any day of the week.

this.

it's hilarious to some of us older asics collectors that this is even an option... :lol:

you couldn't get me to wear those shiny gold (looks like spray painted tinfoil) joints if i got them for free, and the GT-II's are ruined by the gold stripes...

alvin's are a classic, and went for DUMB money b4 this re-release (i had a hardcore european runner collector give me $500 for a used pair a year or so after release, a few years ago)...

hardly anyone would be giving these gold joints the time of day if it weren't for RF's name on 'em... would never in a million years consider making that trade (even if the RF's end up being worth more)...

Last edited:
I think a well-done gold GL3 would look pretty sick, I think it was all the extras with the red white and blue and all the Fieg hype that turned a lot of people off to the shoe.

Alvins so dope heads resold 1 of the first asics collabs cause they're that great? RIGHT

Can't trust dude with a Yeezy avi
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom