Asics Love?!? Where is it?

yeah i wore my os 1.0 to mall last week to pick up my metallic 5 j's and was breaking necks. had more compliments on them than any other shoe i have worn recently. dudes that did not even look like they were into runners were asking what they were and where could they get them.

the 1.0's have grown on me more and more as i wear them. i actually prefer the 1.0 over the 2.0 but had to cop to complete the trifecta. 1.0+2.0+desert pack
smokin.gif
Same here, I UN-DS them this weekend and mad heads asked me what they were and where they could get them.  The hunt continues for the 2.0's.

Last Asics collab I copped and kept was slam jam. Everything since is average at best to me. Saving a lot of money but itching to drop a few bills

I prefer Offsprings as SJs... Both of them.... Favorite is hands down Super Green tho... 

What other Asics dropped this year?

Last edited:
^solebox's. there are quite a few others but the noteworthy ones are pretty much what you mentioned and the sb.

Last edited:
I just received the carpenter bee 2s today, and I realised that it's sitting with a FSR on sole box. Not as popular as the 1s but I like the cutting of the rubbers.

as far as collabs go, i think these are all of them: Wale GLIII, SB carpenter bee I & II, Offspring I & II, Atmos camo GLIII, mita beams, monkey time olive crown, SNS gt-cool express, slam jam, super green gl3 & 3.1, undftd disarray glv, united arrows glv, patta respector, ronnie fieg sterling gt cool express, reigning champ GLIII, feature prickly pear, mita trico glv, 24k respector, and the bodega on the roads. 

That's surprisingly a lot. And i dont even want any really. Haven't copped any releases from this year. 

the tricos came out this year?  I thought it was last year.  I've been looking for a pair of those but can't find any for a reasonable price, thats my favorite collab of the 25th anniversary pairs and I somehow missed both times on trying to get them

the tricos came out this year?  I thought it was last year.  I've been looking for a pair of those but can't find any for a reasonable price, thats my favorite collab of the 25th anniversary pairs and I somehow missed both times on trying to get them

GLV Tricos

mine goes III > saga > V

Vs have too much cushiness for me, i prefer stiffer soles. Looking to get a par of gt-II's so I'll see how those do
I prefer stiffer soles as well. The V feels wonky on my feet at times compared to the III. Although if I had to wear one over a long period of time, I would probably pick the V. I have only one pair of GR gt2's I wear to work and they are probably the least comfortable compared to the IIIs/V's I own as the midsole is quite thin. The gt2 soles have little to no traction in water, almost ate **** a couple of times. I'll probably buy some inserts for my gt2s which would help tremendously.

too many collabs......too many crappy collabs too, but if it means the ones I do like are an easy pick up, i'll take it.

Last edited:
the only collab im inclined to pick up eventually is the atmos camos. They're made of the same rough suede that the bait guardians are made of right? because those things are tough as hell and i need some new camo GLIIIs. They're my beater / bar / concert shoes and they still look real good. If the construction is just as tough I definitely want them

Damn, Concepts just cancelled my order for the offspring glv pt 2 in a 10.5

Wish they would have told me sooner, would have hopped on them at ubiq this morning. What a fail. Got the shipment tracking earlier and then cancellation email just now.
Hope I don't get the same thing.  I got a shipping notification email.

the only collab im inclined to pick up eventually is the atmos camos. They're made of the same rough suede that the bait guardians are made of right? because those things are tough as hell and i need some new camo GLIIIs. They're my beater / bar / concert shoes and they still look real good. If the construction is just as tough I definitely want them
Its similar but not the same, not as rough. they are more comfortable than the bait. The toe box is ballistic nylon so that should be good for a beater pair but the camo is painted and I haven't worn mine enough to know how easily that will scratch, come off if you are really going to abuse them. The Atmos are def better quality though. 

Yeah, sucks because in the morning I got the email that the tracking # and label has been created.  Then later on, I got a cancellation email.  I didn't want them at first but wore the tan ones this weekend and was like I need the second ones.  Oh well.  They look really nice though, good pick up.
It boggles my mind that they would send shipping confirmation and then a cancellation email. There online service leaves much to be desired lately. 

Its similar but not the same, not as rough. they are more comfortable than the bait. The toe box is ballistic nylon so that should be good for a beater pair but the camo is painted and I haven't worn mine enough to know how easily that will scratch, come off if you are really going to abuse them. The Atmos are def better quality though. 
I kinda like the idea of some of the paint getting scratched off. I equate it to military equipment getting dinged up from use, could add some character haha

SB and SJ collabs are def my favorite from asics so far this year

Would say SG too if I got them 
mean.gif

walked into Ubiq yesterday before the online release and got my size 8 Offspring GL V before the online release. The colorway is pretty similar to the NB 1500 AC and the NB 999 KGM. Replaced the horrible rope laces with flats. I'm old school, so I'm not too into perf suede (runner's should be mesh or nylon). pretty good shoe overall. I love how the inside tiger stripes are oddly colored compared to the outer stripes. Not sure if I want to keep them, as of right now...I really like them, but when you have 500+ pairs of sneakers, it's hard to justify most purchases nowadays...I can't believe Offspring is 20 years old ! First time I set foot in an Offspring was almost 15 years ago ! 

white laces:

grey laces:

Is that red or orange on the albino papercuts?

I thought it was orange but it looks more red to me for some reason

Back
Top Bottom