Ask a Jehovah's Witness Vol. Who's that at my door?

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by EvansST

Originally Posted by rawjs

Here's are my questions...

1.) Do most of you know about the Bible where the lord tells you that "thou shall not judge"?

2.) Do you also believe that world is only 1,000's of years old?

3.) Do you also believe that Dinosaurs were on the arc as well?

4.) Why do you knock so damn early on doors? Do you have any consideration for people who actually look at life through the "realistic glasses"?
1. Yes.

2. No.

3. No.

4. We are at peoples doors around 10am. It that really early?

What do you mean by consideration? If you mean that by respecting other peoples opinion then yes. We are respect peoples opinions on the world but we don't adopt their viewpoint.

What did Noah have against Dinosaurs?
laugh.gif

I'm dying right now at you trying to justify invading people's privacy and disturbing them. 10am, sounds like a perfectly reasonable time for me to knock on a stranger's door to talk about my beliefs. Totally reasonable. Nothing wrong with that at all.
Did my posts in this thread seem plausible to you?

You guys (and the Mormons in the other thread) have been really polite and cooperative with all of our grilling - thank you. It takes a lot of guts to be a Mormon/JW/Scientologist/any other religion that is heavily scrutinized... and although I have no intent to join a religion myself, there's something in that that I admire. Many people would get defensive over these sorts of questions, but you guys have handle it very well. Thank you!

You guys (and the Mormons in the other thread) have been really polite and cooperative with all of our grilling - thank you. It takes a lot of guts to be a Mormon/JW/Scientologist/any other religion that is heavily scrutinized... and although I have no intent to join a religion myself, there's something in that that I admire. Many people would get defensive over these sorts of questions, but you guys have handle it very well. Thank you!

Originally Posted by mke49er

1. give a thorough explantation (bible based) as to why beards are looked down upon/not allowed.
2. your whole religion is based on people interpreting the bible for you, who are they? (i know charles russell and rutherford you should know their significance to your organization) but what are their bible interpreting credentials? why don't you just read the bible and interpret it yourself?
3. whats up with disfellowshipping? it seems to create perfunctory actions throughout your organization...
4. do you guys do engagements? where in the bible does it say to do this? i am sure pope innocent the III (catholic) made it up.
5. JW's are only suppose to kick it with JW so they aren't influenced to do bad, if their beliefs are the "truth" why are they so scared their followers will be turned out by experiencing non-JW life?and that's like judging all non-believers as bad people/influences?

i know a JW and researched it slightly, before dismissing it... it seems they like other religions use the bible to justify whatever they want.

can I get some answers JWs. You don't have to respond to the last statement if you don't want to.

Originally Posted by mke49er

1. give a thorough explantation (bible based) as to why beards are looked down upon/not allowed.
2. your whole religion is based on people interpreting the bible for you, who are they? (i know charles russell and rutherford you should know their significance to your organization) but what are their bible interpreting credentials? why don't you just read the bible and interpret it yourself?
3. whats up with disfellowshipping? it seems to create perfunctory actions throughout your organization...
4. do you guys do engagements? where in the bible does it say to do this? i am sure pope innocent the III (catholic) made it up.
5. JW's are only suppose to kick it with JW so they aren't influenced to do bad, if their beliefs are the "truth" why are they so scared their followers will be turned out by experiencing non-JW life?and that's like judging all non-believers as bad people/influences?

i know a JW and researched it slightly, before dismissing it... it seems they like other religions use the bible to justify whatever they want.

can I get some answers JWs. You don't have to respond to the last statement if you don't want to.

1.) Do most of you know about the Bible where the lord tells you that "thou shall not judge"?

4.) Why do you knock so damn early on doors? Do you have any consideration for people who actually look at life through the "realistic glasses"?
1. Yes.

2. No.

3. No.

What do you mean by consideration? If you mean that by respecting other peoples opinion then yes. We are respect peoples opinions on the world but we don't adopt their viewpoint.

laugh.gif

I'm dying right now at you trying to justify invading people's privacy and disturbing them. 10am, sounds like a perfectly reasonable time for me to knock on a stranger's door to talk about my beliefs. Totally reasonable. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Plausible? Is this a trick question? Do you honestly think I find any of this "plausible"? The reason why I asked questions is because I'm truly curious about what JW believe exactly. I've always been, doesn't mean I find any of it plausible. It's about as plausible as any other religion.

Anyways, I said I'm amused by the fact that you seem to have this idea that you're entitled to knock on people's door at 10 am in the morning to preach. That's all.

1. Yes.

2. No.

3. No.

laugh.gif

Plausible? Is this a trick question? Do you honestly think I find any of this "plausible"? The reason why I asked questions is because I'm truly curious about what JW believe exactly. I've always been, doesn't mean I find any of it plausible. It's about as plausible as any other religion.

Anyways, I said I'm amused by the fact that you seem to have this idea that you're entitled to knock on people's door at 10 am in the morning to preach. That's all.

1. Yes.

2. No.

3. No.

laugh.gif

Ok.

1. Yes.

2. No.

3. No.

laugh.gif

Ok.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by retrospect90

Do you know who rules the world?
we believe satan rules the world, and thats why things are deteriorating as time progresses. eventually though he will be done away with
I think you knew I knew the answer
laugh.gif
They asked me this (and different ppl kept asking) when I was walking home and the first time I said humans. They gave me the devil talk and I told them he doesn't exist and if he did, he's doing a piss poor job of destroying human civilization
laugh.gif
Cuz if I had his powers there would've been a nuclear holocaust. Lady looked at me crazy.

2nd time these old ladies asked I hit him with the math of the day. I told her GOD rules the world and then they said the Devil and I was like you don't get it, I'm GOD. I told them I was out fighting the good battle for my old earth and that they should be happy they got to meet me.

I walked away with a smile and good laugh those days.
roll.gif
He could do that but that would be too easy. There is a deeper reason for why he doesn't eradicate mankind...
Don't do that. Don't hint that you know the Devil's agenda and don't even tell us what it is. If it's that pertinent to your religion it shouldn't be privileged information.

we believe satan rules the world, and thats why things are deteriorating as time progresses. eventually though he will be done away with
laugh.gif
They asked me this (and different ppl kept asking) when I was walking home and the first time I said humans. They gave me the devil talk and I told them he doesn't exist and if he did, he's doing a piss poor job of destroying human civilization
laugh.gif
Cuz if I had his powers there would've been a nuclear holocaust. Lady looked at me crazy.

2nd time these old ladies asked I hit him with the math of the day. I told her GOD rules the world and then they said the Devil and I was like you don't get it, I'm GOD. I told them I was out fighting the good battle for my old earth and that they should be happy they got to meet me.

roll.gif
He could do that but that would be too easy. There is a deeper reason for why he doesn't eradicate mankind...
Don't do that. Don't hint that you know the Devil's agenda and don't even tell us what it is. If it's that pertinent to your religion it shouldn't be privileged information.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

this religion makes no sense to me. so those that dont go to heaven when they die they stay on earth?
roll.gif

And roam the earth as zombies?

Lolz... oh definitely..  28 days later type stuff...
grin.gif

but seriously, for the real answer, i'll go back to my last point, about how long it'll take for the "mission" per se, to be completed.
First off, I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that Great-Grandma AntonLaVey was never awaken from her beauty sleep at 10 am by a witness, thereby, she never got the opportunity to hear of Jehovah's name and/or the opportunity to accept the teachings into her life.  Because of this, because of all the people who died without hearing the truth, Jehovah has said that he won't just punish em for something they had no control over, rather they will be given a chance to listen and to believe. However, if they refuse the teachings even after the resurrection, then that will be their choice and they shall face destruction after that initial 1000 year period of resurrection.  The main point to get here is that they have even though they may have not received the choice at the beginning, in the interest of fairness and free will, they will be able to choose for themselves.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

this religion makes no sense to me. so those that dont go to heaven when they die they stay on earth?
roll.gif

And roam the earth as zombies?

Lolz... oh definitely..  28 days later type stuff...
grin.gif

but seriously, for the real answer, i'll go back to my last point, about how long it'll take for the "mission" per se, to be completed.
First off, I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that Great-Grandma AntonLaVey was never awaken from her beauty sleep at 10 am by a witness, thereby, she never got the opportunity to hear of Jehovah's name and/or the opportunity to accept the teachings into her life.  Because of this, because of all the people who died without hearing the truth, Jehovah has said that he won't just punish em for something they had no control over, rather they will be given a chance to listen and to believe. However, if they refuse the teachings even after the resurrection, then that will be their choice and they shall face destruction after that initial 1000 year period of resurrection.  The main point to get here is that they have even though they may have not received the choice at the beginning, in the interest of fairness and free will, they will be able to choose for themselves.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
Lol it isn't a secret it's clearly written in the bible.

The issue is Jehovah's sovereignty. Satan, from the very beginning, felt that he would be a better ruler than God and that men only serve him because he blesses them with material things etc.

If Satan destroyed mankind he could never prove that he was a better ruler. Even if Satan did try to destroy mankind Jehovah wouldn't allow it.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
Lol it isn't a secret it's clearly written in the bible.

The issue is Jehovah's sovereignty. Satan, from the very beginning, felt that he would be a better ruler than God and that men only serve him because he blesses them with material things etc.

If Satan destroyed mankind he could never prove that he was a better ruler. Even if Satan did try to destroy mankind Jehovah wouldn't allow it.

P.S. Jehovah has killed way more people and caused far more destruction than Satan. Read the bible. Your Jehovah destroyed and killed every living being on earth at some point.

P.S. Jehovah has killed way more people and caused far more destruction than Satan. Read the bible. Your Jehovah destroyed and killed every living being on earth at some point.

Anton and Zik you guys should back off... the JWs in here are being really patient with your not-so-subtle attacks on their faith... I hate religion as much as the next skeptic, but there comes a point where it simply comes down to you guys having differences in beliefs.

I used to be really into trying to prove people wrong about God... but that's almost as bad as the evangelists that try to push their views onto others. At the end of the day, humans all believe different things about higher powers and that's part of the beauty in diversity.

I'm surprised lobotomybeats hasn't shown up yet, guns blazing

Anton and Zik you guys should back off... the JWs in here are being really patient with your not-so-subtle attacks on their faith... I hate religion as much as the next skeptic, but there comes a point where it simply comes down to you guys having differences in beliefs.

I used to be really into trying to prove people wrong about God... but that's almost as bad as the evangelists that try to push their views onto others. At the end of the day, humans all believe different things about higher powers and that's part of the beauty in diversity.

I'm surprised lobotomybeats hasn't shown up yet, guns blazing

Back
Top Bottom