At what moment did people take Cardi B's music serious?

Get Up 10 :pimp:
She came wit it....

Dont really check for her, but i did give the album a spin.
she has some bangers .
Shes hotter than 90% of these rappers out now.

It's good to be in a thread with antidope antidope forgot how absurd your takes were. You make @dipsetgeneral seem normal. Most important or influential woman in music in 20 years is ****in crazy.

Album was gold at midnight because of Bodak Yellow streams. I hate how they're saying it's gold like the album has sold or even streamed enough.

Bruh y’all just don’t know what this bout to do to the summer. Anytime u see a car full of *****es u gonna hear this **** blasting. Damn onicka, should’ve been uplifting and helping *****es. And she bout to be on the Bruno tour lawd she won. Rip to the clubs, cardi won the summer.

Nikki been on the low working on her album and I'm pretty sure she's trying to drop a classic.

She was f'ing Nas for a little so I know he ghostwritten some album material and whoever else.

You know she has to drop at least a 4 mic album to stay relevant or else it will go down as her not being able to recover from ShEther by Remy :smh:

Haven't heard the Cardi album, but will download and put it on my ipod classic and see what's it about.

Yeah, also about Cardi being the best female rapper in the last two decades... hell no... I still say Nikki's accomplished more than any other, but I would say Lauren Hill is up there.

Nikki is still the queen of rap at the moment, but if this next effort bombs you can pretty much stick a fork in her and she'll slowly die out.

They played this b whole album on the radio... I’ve never heard of that before... not even her hometown or close to it. The label went all in.

They played this b whole album on the radio... I’ve never heard of that before... not even her hometown or close to it. The label went all in.

That’s old school tactics :lol: I haven’t heard s full album on the radio since probably 07. Wanna say Jeezy and Kanye

All my b-team artists dropped new stuff lately :pimp:
Rich homie (heat)
Jacques (haven't listened yet)
Cardi (heat)
Webbie (dope)
Yfn (listening now)

Webbie?? Yikes, he’s even more “
760FE49D-0A65-478A-8056-DF2C2B4214D0.png
” than Boosie is right now

Why are they saying selling if it's based off streams? And her YouTube page put all the songs out which makes sense bc they get paid for views.
Makes me wonder why certain artists block their content from yt.

exclusive deals usually.

Went ahead and listened. It ain’t as bad as I thought it would be, just ain’t for me at all. Bickenhead is the only track I’ll continue to listen to [intentionally]. Some laugh out loud lyrics on here. Real carefully done album. Every box possible is checked for this album’s success.

YG’s feature :rofl: :sick:

Last edited:
aint listened to 1 song on this
but im happy for her
her lil cute self

Do yourself a favor and listen to this ****.
Straight heat all up and down this album.
Putting a lot of these rap dudes to shame.

BX stand all the way up.

Nicki is a female Wayne, she understands the technical aspect of rap (switching flow, riding the beat tonal inflection) and knows how to add an element of fun into it. Cardi is a female jeezy, knows the gist of rapping, but ultimately gets by with swag in the delivery, a full voice and simple yet memorable and hard hitting lines that amp you up.

Cardi delivery on the first line of motorsport sound like she just got out of prison on a 10 year bid :smh:

Almost like comparing steph to Kyrie. One is technically sound, the other has some street swag but they both get it done.

Back
Top Bottom