Athletes You've Seen In Person

To many to list being that I have close friends in the MLB and NFL. Ive been at parties/clubs and shared tables with some NBA players but I never actually talked to any other than maybe a head nod.

The most prominent I have seen would have to be

-Bo Jackson
-John Elway
-Arod (Actually a really cool dude)

To many to list being that I have close friends in the MLB and NFL. Ive been at parties/clubs and shared tables with some NBA players but I never actually talked to any other than maybe a head nod.

The most prominent I have seen would have to be

-Bo Jackson
-John Elway
-Arod (Actually a really cool dude)

I'm not gonna count going to games, f that. Just ones that I actually talked to
Stephen Curry in Union Square, stopped me and asked me where a shop was cause I was holding a bag.
John Sally at an airport, don't remember which one
CC Sabathia at a Toys for Tots collabo with the Marine Corps, wish I hadn't got my ball signed "PFC Balagtas" and just my regular name
laugh.gif

I'm not gonna count going to games, f that. Just ones that I actually talked to
Stephen Curry in Union Square, stopped me and asked me where a shop was cause I was holding a bag.
John Sally at an airport, don't remember which one
CC Sabathia at a Toys for Tots collabo with the Marine Corps, wish I hadn't got my ball signed "PFC Balagtas" and just my regular name
laugh.gif

- Most random sighting has to be Ray Allen at a strip club (Rick's, not defunct) in Seattle.
laugh.gif
. Dude was throwing away twenties like it was nothing..
- Saw LeBron at a expensive Chinese restaurant in Hong Kong back in the summer of '05. I sat 4 tables away and he had an entourage of like 12 dudes who surrounded him.
- Seen Kobe in person a total of 5 times, once against the Vancouver Grizzlies and the other four against the Supersonics.
- Got an autograph of Jason Williams and Chris Webber in '99 when I got a pass to go into the King's locker room before a game in Vancouver.
- Saw Brandon Roy, Nate Robinson, Martell Webster, Jason Terry, Terrence Williams, Marcus Williams and Spencer Hawes at a alumni game at Garfield High here in Seattle summer of '09.
- Chopped it up with Martell Webster, Rashard Lewis, Andrew Bynum, and Jordan Farmar when I was working at the Adidas store in Seattle.
- Saw Yao play 4 times, 3 times against the Supersonics and once when he was on the Chinese national team.
- Saw Tmac play 3 times.

Bought 3rd row tickets underneath the basket (cost me 240 dollars) to watch LeBron play against the Sonics in '08. Dude sat out the game due to a sprained pinky SMH.

Also

- Most random sighting has to be Ray Allen at a strip club (Rick's, not defunct) in Seattle.
laugh.gif
. Dude was throwing away twenties like it was nothing..
- Saw LeBron at a expensive Chinese restaurant in Hong Kong back in the summer of '05. I sat 4 tables away and he had an entourage of like 12 dudes who surrounded him.
- Seen Kobe in person a total of 5 times, once against the Vancouver Grizzlies and the other four against the Supersonics.
- Got an autograph of Jason Williams and Chris Webber in '99 when I got a pass to go into the King's locker room before a game in Vancouver.
- Saw Brandon Roy, Nate Robinson, Martell Webster, Jason Terry, Terrence Williams, Marcus Williams and Spencer Hawes at a alumni game at Garfield High here in Seattle summer of '09.
- Chopped it up with Martell Webster, Rashard Lewis, Andrew Bynum, and Jordan Farmar when I was working at the Adidas store in Seattle.
- Saw Yao play 4 times, 3 times against the Supersonics and once when he was on the Chinese national team.
- Saw Tmac play 3 times.

Bought 3rd row tickets underneath the basket (cost me 240 dollars) to watch LeBron play against the Sonics in '08. Dude sat out the game due to a sprained pinky SMH.

Also

Used to see the whole '08 Knicks squad walkin the halls back when I interned with them that year, Crawf, Z-bo before he got traded, Nate and Ill-Wil...man those were the days...John Starks too.
Such good memories, I was standing by the tunnel when Bron pulled up from halfcourt like it was a baseline jumper to hit that 3 durin his 50 pt game  
grin.gif

Saw James Harden over the summer at the airport

Ran into Lance Thomas at Big Shots out in Jersey over the summer too....cool dude.

Saw Roy Williams (the safety, was w/ Dallas at the time) at MSG. He was pretty cool as well.

Used to see the whole '08 Knicks squad walkin the halls back when I interned with them that year, Crawf, Z-bo before he got traded, Nate and Ill-Wil...man those were the days...John Starks too.
Such good memories, I was standing by the tunnel when Bron pulled up from halfcourt like it was a baseline jumper to hit that 3 durin his 50 pt game  
grin.gif

Saw James Harden over the summer at the airport

Ran into Lance Thomas at Big Shots out in Jersey over the summer too....cool dude.

Saw Roy Williams (the safety, was w/ Dallas at the time) at MSG. He was pretty cool as well.

I used to be a Cal student and worked within the athletic department as a laundry boy (yeah, a frustrating moment in my life). Would always see Marshawn Lynch. Both being from Oakland, we would occasionally chop it up about the town. The man is definitely hilarious.

Went to high school with Davone Bess (WR of the Dolphins). Dude was a pretty talented QB who could scramble. Not to mention, he was bangin one of the finest white soccer chicks at our school; the holy grail of broads at the time.

Ran into Ruben Sierra way back in the day at a local Safeway when he was playing with the Oakland A's. Definitely one of my favorite players at the time. Had him sign a napkin that my mom had in her purse.

Talking about athlete sightings, my boy saw Rickey Henderson the other day at the airport. Needless to say, my dude Rickey is still feelin himself. Wearing a all-cokewhite "Louis Vuitton" jumpsuit (authenticity highly in question) and some all white shoes. Saw a picture of the attire...looked like a dirty snowman.

--Edit--

How could I forget one of my hilarious sightings?? During my undergrad days at Cal, UWashington's bball team was in town for a game.  Nate Robinson came through the student gym for some pick up runs.  This man was jumping all over the gym, including a fastbreak-off the backboard pass to himself-eastbay funk dunk OVER A DEFENDER.  folks watchin instantly went
eek.gif
anywhoo, someone watching asked Nate, "Hey Nate, how do you jump so high?"  The man casually responds, "I get (insert word for female anatomy here) every night."
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I used to be a Cal student and worked within the athletic department as a laundry boy (yeah, a frustrating moment in my life). Would always see Marshawn Lynch. Both being from Oakland, we would occasionally chop it up about the town. The man is definitely hilarious.

Went to high school with Davone Bess (WR of the Dolphins). Dude was a pretty talented QB who could scramble. Not to mention, he was bangin one of the finest white soccer chicks at our school; the holy grail of broads at the time.

Ran into Ruben Sierra way back in the day at a local Safeway when he was playing with the Oakland A's. Definitely one of my favorite players at the time. Had him sign a napkin that my mom had in her purse.

Talking about athlete sightings, my boy saw Rickey Henderson the other day at the airport. Needless to say, my dude Rickey is still feelin himself. Wearing a all-cokewhite "Louis Vuitton" jumpsuit (authenticity highly in question) and some all white shoes. Saw a picture of the attire...looked like a dirty snowman.

--Edit--

How could I forget one of my hilarious sightings?? During my undergrad days at Cal, UWashington's bball team was in town for a game.  Nate Robinson came through the student gym for some pick up runs.  This man was jumping all over the gym, including a fastbreak-off the backboard pass to himself-eastbay funk dunk OVER A DEFENDER.  folks watchin instantly went
eek.gif
anywhoo, someone watching asked Nate, "Hey Nate, how do you jump so high?"  The man casually responds, "I get (insert word for female anatomy here) every night."
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Not including seeing them in games (that don't count for me).......

Met Kobe for a Nike basketball league I was in, we had a Q&A with him for about an hour

Saw Kobe by 44th street (NYC) walking by while I was at Popeyes, this was the year he played at the Rucker

Met Lebron at a Nike party, he's a cornball

Paul Pierce, Q Rich, Nate, Rasheed, Eddy Curry at a Nike party.....no one was talking to Pierce tho, he looked awkward. Eddy Curry knew who I was from his assistant....

I'm friends with Ben Gordon

Met Wade and Zo at a charity event, Zo's wife is
eek.gif
and said hi to me

Darryl Strawberry and his son DJ

Penny (only person I cared to take a pic with)

Jason Williams (Duke) Gave the head nod, I feel bad for him he had a promising career

Saw Antonio Davis catching a cab in front of MSG 2 days after he got traded, he had his luggage with him, no one paid him no mind (only in NY)

Mario Williams the day before he got drafted

Jerome Bettis

Lamar Odom

Smush Parker at West 4th all the time

Melo

Some football bears from the Bears, Tillman, Alex Brown, and someone else

Iverson at a VIP XXL Party, he's like 6'2 taller than I thought

Tyrus Thomas when I was dropping something off for BG

A few Pro boxers usually train or do some cardio at my gym before a fight, Victor Ortiz, etc. There's a UFC fighter that trains at my gym regularly.

Juwan Howard (His wife is
eek.gif
lookin like a mix of Vanessa Williams and Stacey Dash)

That's all I can remember.....

Not including seeing them in games (that don't count for me).......

Met Kobe for a Nike basketball league I was in, we had a Q&A with him for about an hour

Saw Kobe by 44th street (NYC) walking by while I was at Popeyes, this was the year he played at the Rucker

Met Lebron at a Nike party, he's a cornball

Paul Pierce, Q Rich, Nate, Rasheed, Eddy Curry at a Nike party.....no one was talking to Pierce tho, he looked awkward. Eddy Curry knew who I was from his assistant....

I'm friends with Ben Gordon

Met Wade and Zo at a charity event, Zo's wife is
eek.gif
and said hi to me

Darryl Strawberry and his son DJ

Penny (only person I cared to take a pic with)

Jason Williams (Duke) Gave the head nod, I feel bad for him he had a promising career

Saw Antonio Davis catching a cab in front of MSG 2 days after he got traded, he had his luggage with him, no one paid him no mind (only in NY)

Mario Williams the day before he got drafted

Jerome Bettis

Lamar Odom

Smush Parker at West 4th all the time

Melo

Some football bears from the Bears, Tillman, Alex Brown, and someone else

Iverson at a VIP XXL Party, he's like 6'2 taller than I thought

Tyrus Thomas when I was dropping something off for BG

A few Pro boxers usually train or do some cardio at my gym before a fight, Victor Ortiz, etc. There's a UFC fighter that trains at my gym regularly.

Juwan Howard (His wife is
eek.gif
lookin like a mix of Vanessa Williams and Stacey Dash)

That's all I can remember.....

Ive seen Steve Nash, Curtis Joseph, Vince Carter, Marcus Camby, Alexander Steen, Alfredo Aceves, and Nick Swisher

Ive seen Steve Nash, Curtis Joseph, Vince Carter, Marcus Camby, Alexander Steen, Alfredo Aceves, and Nick Swisher

Seen Deangleo Williams & Stephen Jackson 1 month within each other.

At Charlotte's Airport, returning from Atlanta.
Ran up on Deangelo shook hands, congratulated him on the season (This was last January) & let him be.

Seen Stephen Jackson in the same airport, this time coming back from Baltimore, it was the night of the ASG. I didn't feel like going up to him
due to him being with a lady friend who was
grin.gif
, I must say. Anyway, I just remember one of the dudes who drive the lil Karts through the Airport looking at the TV in the food court (which was showing the ASG) & telling Stephen "Man, you should be there" ..I was like
laugh.gif
grin.gif
********r. & Stephen Jackson brushed it off like "
eyes.gif
...Nahh".

Seen Randolph Morris in Fox Sports Grill in Atlanta for the BCS Nat'l Championship game last year, Shawty Lo was in there too. Didn't even bother.
laugh.gif

Duce Staley's son played on the same youth Football team as my cousin, we did chain gang together, I ain't even want him to know that I knew who he was. ( I don't like giving scrubs that pleasure
laugh.gif
)
Seen Cal Ripken at an AAU tournament where I was working concessions. His son was on one of the teams. I regret not speaking to him, but he was so chill & laid back & no one was bothering him, so I assumed he probably was enjoying it. for once.
ohwell.gif

Seen Deangleo Williams & Stephen Jackson 1 month within each other.

At Charlotte's Airport, returning from Atlanta.
Ran up on Deangelo shook hands, congratulated him on the season (This was last January) & let him be.

Seen Stephen Jackson in the same airport, this time coming back from Baltimore, it was the night of the ASG. I didn't feel like going up to him
due to him being with a lady friend who was
grin.gif
, I must say. Anyway, I just remember one of the dudes who drive the lil Karts through the Airport looking at the TV in the food court (which was showing the ASG) & telling Stephen "Man, you should be there" ..I was like
laugh.gif
grin.gif
********r. & Stephen Jackson brushed it off like "
eyes.gif
...Nahh".

Seen Randolph Morris in Fox Sports Grill in Atlanta for the BCS Nat'l Championship game last year, Shawty Lo was in there too. Didn't even bother.
laugh.gif

Duce Staley's son played on the same youth Football team as my cousin, we did chain gang together, I ain't even want him to know that I knew who he was. ( I don't like giving scrubs that pleasure
laugh.gif
)
Seen Cal Ripken at an AAU tournament where I was working concessions. His son was on one of the teams. I regret not speaking to him, but he was so chill & laid back & no one was bothering him, so I assumed he probably was enjoying it. for once.
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom