AUDI A5 or S5?

Picked up a '11 a5 a few days ago... can't imagine what it must feel like to drive a s5!

Picked up a '11 a5 a few days ago... can't imagine what it must feel like to drive a s5!
How much did it cost you if you dont mind me asking.  I'm about to graduate from college, and that is one of the cars I'm thinking about purchasing.

How much did it cost you if you dont mind me asking.  I'm about to graduate from college, and that is one of the cars I'm thinking about purchasing.
I don't know anything about your personal situation, but my advice is for most people, a large car purchase is not a good idea coming fresh out of college.  Invest, save, put the money to a home, or something else.

But if you're in the situation where you can comfortably afford it, then by all means.

I don't know anything about your personal situation, but my advice is for most people, a large car purchase is not a good idea coming fresh out of college.  Invest, save, put the money to a home, or something else.

But if you're in the situation where you can comfortably afford it, then by all means.
I appreciate you chiming in with positivity fam, repped!  However, I'm in pretty good financial shape.  My choices are a Dodge Challenger Ralleye Redline RT, The Audi A5, and a Camry.  I don't really waste money on material things, so I just want to spoil myself a bit.

I appreciate you chiming in with positivity fam, repped!  However, I'm in pretty good financial shape.  My choices are a Dodge Challenger Ralleye Redline RT, The Audi A5, and a Camry.  I don't really waste money on material things, so I just want to spoil myself a bit.
Good deal.  Depending on milage and trim packages, I would say you're looking between $30-39k.

Good deal.  Depending on milage and trim packages, I would say you're looking between $30-39k.
That's what I was thinking.  The Audi is in the lead because as bad as I want the Challenger, I can't deal with anything less than 20MPG and I'm paying between 30-39k.  The car will also be my DD.

God yes that single dual KILLS me! Looking at AWE or Millitek but might end up getting STaSIS so my warranty isn't killed (Audi is flagging modded cars now) but then I have to purchase the S5 diffusor and hangers to accommodate the new pipes. Thank you for pointing out that the A5 is NOT a slow car. The low end is pretty impressive for a 4 banger, there is also a computer flash from GIAC for like $500 that gives you 60 extra horses and 45 ft/lbs of torque.

Right, I also forgot about tuning. Since the A5 is turbo'ed you can get a tune and easily bump the power. The previous 328's did not have that option although the new 328's are pretty impressive with 250hp/260 tq underrated from the factory! I haven't driven a A5, but drove a Q5 with the 2.0T and I was impressed. The turbo makes a big difference on a 4 cyl. A5 is definitely the smarter choice, but if you are a car nut with a good income, then S5 it is.

49k for an A5????? Y'all ****** tripping (Westbrook voice)

Used s5 easily for 35-40k.

A lot more could've been had.

But do u. Just my opinion.

Don't do used cars. Never have never will.
I'm the exact opposite.  Dropping stacks on a car that's most likely gonna depreciate in value by a few thousand bucks the second you drive it off the lot? Nah, papi.

If one was to purchase a used A5 from an Audi dealership, how would one go about it?
I know this sounds ignorant but ive never bought a car from a dealership...but i want an A5 when i get a better job.

I want a used A5, but i want it certified. I'm not down with the depreciation either.
Are you able to negotiate deals on certified used vehicles as well as you might be able to with new ones?

lol i dont get some of u guys.  I want my car to look like faster but i dont actually want it to be faster.  50k on an A5? 
laugh.gif

Exact point I was making ..

Plus you're not offsetting anything when you're dropping money on premium .. Regardless of mileage ..

I live in LA man, stuck in bumper to bumper traffic all day even on the weekends too. So horsepower/torque is not a huge concern for me, gas mileage and looks are. I think the A5/S5/RS5 family are the best looking coupes hands down on the market right now, I was able to afford it so I got it. I could have purchased a bunch of other cars with more power for the half the price, but for what to burn gas at a stand still on the freeway in an ugly car, At least at a standstill people see how fly my A5 is. What do you drive? GTR?, Lambo?, Ferrari? some sort of M? must be something super duper fast

LOL

I can't do used cars, its like being with a single Mom, somebody else already took the fun out of it....

I have a 2012 A5 Prestige SLine Titanium Package

Love the S look, but have no need for the larger engine and poor fuel economy.

H&R OE Sport Springs for the drop

20mm spacers front, 25 mm spacers rear

35% tint all around

Smoked tail lights

img2745m.jpg

img2735vp.jpg

img2748r.JPG
Is that the Racetrack Club near the sports complex? My dad always parks there whenever we go see a game because there's now way we're paying $20+ to park near at the ball park games 
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Oh we'll. guess we need the guys who buy the cars new so we can scoop it for the low low. Stay that way bro.

Back
Top Bottom