Bachelor Pad.

Originally Posted by HTXMade

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

I jus tbought his couch from Walmart yesterday

http://www.walmart.com/ip...ck-Faux-Leather/15702149

At that price, I had to jump on it. Super comfy and it has cup holders. Finally got a tv stand too. Got my housewarming tomorow so I will def have pics up. Mez, you bette rbe coming thru.

lol i got this joint too
yo realtalk, I think that joint is too comfortable. The last two days I fell asleep while watching BBall on tv and woke up at 4 in the morning like #%# happened here. Got a half a beer next to me like I woke up in the twilight zone watching Sportscenter reruns. I love that effing chair man. perfect for the mancave.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

I need some inexpensive seating for my breakfast bar area, need 4. I really like these from KMart and that clearance price is ridic of $55 for 2. I would prefer the brown since everything in the house is some shade of beige or brown, but black will do. I might even consider painting the wood or trying. They have brown but sold out in the bar height
Or Overstock has these 1 piece solid metal ones for $104 for a set of 2 but I'd have to paint it some shade of brown or copper/bronze. Maybe I'll pair them with these backless 2 for $69 ones

13651096.jpg

L12950056.jpg

Or these for $140 a set?
P12722540.jpg

I'm jealous of all of you who have hard wood floors.
Did you consider going the stool route. My whole APT is wood colored based and I just copped 4 inexpensive stools from Target and called it a day. Well worth the investment in my opinion sinceI rarely need them but they still look nice in the background.

Originally Posted by manamazing55

On that white bed from overstock.....so do you not use a box spring?

Correct, no box spring.
It has 26 individual wooden slats that support the mattress very well.  Something like this....

a4r9mu.jpg

img0573k.jpg

Mez, looking great so far. Your pup looks like it has settled in nicely.

That TV stand is awesome, but I think you would be out of your mind to spend $1500 on that. I'm sure you could find something similar looking of slightly lesser quality for a fraction of the price. When I first moved to my condo, I went to Crate and Barrel to look at furniture. That was my one and only trip to that store.

I'll probably just do that Pharrel, get the ~30 bucks saddle ones from Wal Mart or somewhere. If I'm totally honest with myself, I don't have that many friends that I need that much seating or to justify paying very much for it anyways. My dining room table is bar height and has 4 chairs, will be enough.

I just found out where I live I can't get ANY high speed internet right now though. All I can get is Dish or Direct TV for cable which I am not mad at, but the only internet provider who will service my location is HughesNet satellite based and they want 50 a month for 1mbps
sick.gif
If I knew that ahead of time, that's literally a deal breaker.

I know the banks and schools and federal buildings aren't rocking on 1meg so there's infrastructure out here, I think because my street is so new they just can't find it in their system yet.

Moving into a new apartment in Brooklyn, getting a bunch of bedroom stuff from IKEA delivered tomorrow...I got this bookcase for my bedroom, I'm probably going to use it for sweaters, jeans, and t-shirts for about half of it then books, etc. for the other half.
expedit-bookcase__0092703_PE229404_S4.JPG

Originally Posted by HTXMade

I jus tbought his couch from Walmart yesterday

http://www.walmart.com/ip...ck-Faux-Leather/15702149

At that price, I had to jump on it. Super comfy and it has cup holders. Finally got a tv stand too. Got my housewarming tomorow so I will def have pics up. Mez, you bette rbe coming thru.

lol i got this joint too
yo realtalk, I think that joint is too comfortable. The last two days I fell asleep while watching BBall on tv and woke up at 4 in the morning like #%# happened here. Got a half a beer next to me like I woke up in the twilight zone watching Sportscenter reruns. I love that effing chair man. perfect for the mancave.

I cant lie its very comfortable, i'm always dosing off on it. I had it for about 3 months now so far so good.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

That TV stand is awesome, but I think you would be out of your mind to spend $1500 on that. I'm sure you could find something similar looking of slightly lesser quality for a fraction of the price. When I first moved to my condo, I went to Crate and Barrel to look at furniture. That was my one and only trip to that store.
Definitely agree, but its just nice
laugh.gif
 I would realistically spend around the range of half of that.
I thought about just hanging my TV on the wall, and have a tv stand "similar" to the crate and barrel one with cabinets, and have my center speaker right on top of the stand. 

To Do List:

a) Once I have my tv stand figured out, I can start running speaker cables for the rear surround sound speakers and get the appropriate length to cut, it's going to be tricky the way the layout is.

b) buy tv wall mount that swivels and pushes outwards as well

c) would like to paint ONLY the wall that is touching the television, just not sure what to paint it. The opposite facing wall is a little stronger than a clay orange, and the rest of the walls is just off white (curtains are oatmeal). 

d) artwork: any other sites besides overstock that has decent affordable artwork that you can hang up right away? Not trying to buy prints and pay for costs of framing (If I have enough stuff to hang up I'll probably ditch the whole painting idea lol)

Mez 0ne wrote:

d) artwork: any other sites besides overstock that has decent affordable artwork that you can hang up right away? Not trying to buy prints and pay for costs of framing (If I have enough stuff to hang up I'll probably ditch the whole painting idea lol)

http://ofsoundandvision.com/
I have a few of Alex Cherry's pieces.  It's a little dark, but some really cool stuff.

This picture I took at Nike Store in NYC would look great on a wall, maybe crop the seat and mirror out. If anyone wants to do their own, Big Lots had canvas in like 28 inch squares for like 3 bucks when I was there yesterday. I guess I could just get it and splat some different colors paint on it and it'd look like anything else out there.

I got my (*#$ moved into my house yesterday. I REALLY have to upgrade my furniture situation, I got all this apartment level furniture, but those old microfiber couches are comfortable. I'll upload pics. I need suggestions too and how to better use my living room space. It's big, but the couch arrangement makes it small

dAYhpgyqKr3OqIadbiFPIU.jpg

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by blazinRook

anyone have suggestions for an affordable loveseat/couch.
looking for brown/black. prefer fabric over leather.

price range around $200 lol..this might be a reach, but if anyone can help that would be appreciated

Well, you're not getting leather for $200. Your best bet is to just go to Ikea, Walmart, or Target and check out what they have.
OR

You may be able to find a real steal on Craigslist if you don't mind something a little used.
good looking out...i'm prolly going to save money on the couch and invest in a bed lol. 
Kickz4dayz  Found this platform bed for $200..its not japanese though..check it out

http://www.furniturecorp....4ff721d08a7295b3e2 

^^ Dope picture Scientific!

It makes me miss the Nike shop here in my city
frown.gif

My brother and I are checking out what we can do in regards to getting a loan to purchase a house together. The one we have our eye on is on a decent sized section that we can (theoretically) subdivide and build a house on the back. And the front villa (it's an old weatherboard character home) will be done up. I'm crossing my fingers. It'll be amazing if we can get it.

Plus we're both in the construction industry so it'll be a lot easier for us to renovate and build
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Getting closer to 100 pages! <3 Bachelor Pad thread

Originally Posted by blazinRook

anyone have suggestions for an affordable loveseat/couch.
looking for brown/black. prefer fabric over leather.

price range around $200 lol..this might be a reach, but if anyone can help that would be appreciated
check big lots. some of them have a furniture store built into them. they have couches in the $200-300 range. nice stuff for the price too. i just bought a unique looking lamp out of there. plan to do some more shopping. 

just got done checking out this thread, and i must say, some of you guys have some really nice set ups, and have given me a few ideas for my place. i bought a house at the beginning of October, and i've been doing the usual, painting, decorating, etc. I'll post pics when i get everything done, but i also wanted to give a few tips and add my two cents as well.

I know a lot of you guys like ultra modern looking stuff but don't count out places like rooms to go and american signature. they have some nice stuff as well. and if there is a rooms to go outlet in your city, that's a gold mine. when i bought my family room set, i couldn't afford the chair to go with the couch and loveseat as it was $850. i found it at the outlet for $399, and nothing is wrong with it. i know a bunch of people have mentioned overstock.com too. they have many options and decent prices as well. i don't know if you guys are familiar with a store called homegoods or garden ridge. both of these places have nice artwork and accent pieces for cheap. and finally, don't sleep on big lots, especially for curtains. dirt cheap, and quality. and like i mentioned before, they have some decent furniture for the cheap too. nothing high end, but definitely decent. looks and price wise. you can always dress it up with some pillows and stuff.

i know you all may be thinking that the places i mentioned have basic and cookie cutter stuff, but i'll show you what i've put together, and it isn't cookie cutter at all.

I LOVE HARDWOOD FLOORS SO MUCH. CAN'T STAND CARPET. BEEN LOOKING AT HOUSES LATELY WITH THE WIFEY AND ALWAYS SEE MYSELF ATTRACTED TO THE HOUSES WITH HARDWOOD FLOORS AND HIGH CEILINGS.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

I LOVE HARDWOOD FLOORS SO MUCH. CAN'T STAND CARPET. BEEN LOOKING AT HOUSES LATELY WITH THE WIFEY AND ALWAYS SEE MYSELF ATTRACTED TO THE HOUSES WITH HARDWOOD FLOORS AND HIGH CEILINGS.
truth and truth...both are wonderful to have in a home, but remember, hardwood shouldn't be that big of a decision factor since you can have it added for a decent price.  High ceilings, that's a different story!

I hate carpet too, the hardwood I am looking at when I get the funds is probably Lapacho which I can get for 3.19/sqft or Acacia which is one of the harder woods but a little more e

Here is my setup. I got my furniture from Big Lots too. It's like 6yrs old, has been in storage for over half of that time, but is still ridiculously comfortable. Evo 4g camera sucks for taking photos of anything that isn't 60ft away by the way.

I love my kitchen, most people hate it though. I bought some different stainless steel pulls and might consider putting pulls on all the doors to make it look more modern.

My living room configuration I couldn't quite figure out. I wanted to keep the traffic flow straight line from the entrance door and from the hallway which is why the couches are so close to the tv/fireplace (though not nearly as close as they look in the pics) but that leaves so much no man's land space out there I should utilize in some way.

I ordered blinds from homedepot, still waiting on those, went ahead and bought a cheap queen bed set for the guest bedroom and a storage ottoman/nightstand so there'd be something there. There is an identical bedroom across from it, nothing in there though.

I hate that oak furniture you see situated in my master, but my dad insisted for me to take it rather than bring it back to my old room in their house. I'm going to move it into the guest room with the bed, and take that side drawer with the mirror, take the mirror off, and put it in the garage or something or give the whole damn set away.

No computer desk, bought the lumber to build a simple, square one so that's why my computers are all on the floor, plus I can't get dsl where I live anyways yet because it's too new and they haven't expanded to there yet.

ir3or6.jpg

recommendations for a lounge chair + ottoman? preferably no more for than $500. dont mind craigslisting/ebaying it.

i was interested in the eames and the saarinen womb chairs but them thangs and even their reproductions aint cheap.

Back
Top Bottom