BAD %!% U.S Soldier

Camp Anaconda, Iraq '05-'06
2 pools
Movie theater (we got new releases a month after released in the US), popcorn, soda, hot/chili dogs, candy... and a Subway upstairs
pimp.gif
(lines were OOOODDDDD long tho)
Pizza hut
Burger King
and another shop that's escaping my memory...

I expected to be in sleeping on the ground/in a tent... I was like
eek.gif
when I found out we had 2 man trailers. By all accounts we were living good...

but in the year we were there, our base averaged 2 hits/day, something like total 730 indirect fire attacks (mortar/rockets).
indifferent.gif
alien.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by IM A HELION

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by RealRubirosa

Reminds me of the Leroy Petry story that got him a Medal of Honor recently. Nothing more bad @%@ than stuff like that. NT is full of "the military is full of idiots" type of thinkers, unfortunately, and many will have trouble appreciating--even understanding--the kind of sacrifices our troops are out there making.

Like what? Protecting us from conflicts that we initiated?
We, as the military are nothing more than tools of the government.  The old guys in suits are the ones that initiate the conflicts...not us.
I understand, soldiers just follow orders, but to those who's orders you execute, you're nothing more than a replaceable piece of equipment that has as much value as a tank or a rifle. Why sacrifice when the person who is sending you into harms way could give 2 flying !!+## about you?

It's for you guys. The people who aren't in uniform. My son. My neighbor. Old people. It sounds corny, but I'm serious. What would America do if we weren't here to protect y'all from the people the government sends us to fight?

And beyond that, it's a job at the end of the day.

I understand, soldiers just follow orders, but to those who's orders you execute, you're nothing more than a replaceable piece of equipment that has as much value as a tank or a rifle. Why sacrifice when the person who is sending you into harms way could give 2 flying !!+## about you?

See, the thing kids like you will never realize, is that we as the "Government Pawns"don't pick our fights. We follow orders. We sign up for all different personnel reasons.However, most SPEC-OPS, like the Soldier in the picture, do it because of their patriotism. Something that goes back to the start of our nation. Somethingmostwill never know.I can sit here and argue about why were over there, but since you cant grasp the concept of why we serve, it would probably be irrelevant. Funny how people are against the Iraq war, but are the first to complain about "high" gas prices. But hey, if we didn't sacrifice, youwouldn'tbe ableto complain.. The things "Americans" take for granted.

Originally Posted by Any Given Sunday89

See, the thing kids like you will never realize, is that we as the�"Government Pawns"�don't pick our fights. We follow orders. We sign up for all different personnel reasons.�However, most SPEC-OPS, like the Soldier in the picture, do it because of their patriotism. Something that goes back to the start of our nation. Something�most�will never know.�I can sit here and argue about why were over there, but since you cant grasp the concept of why we serve, it would probably be irrelevant. Funny how people are against the Iraq war, but are the first to complain about "high" gas prices. But hey, if we didn't sacrifice, you�wouldn't�be able�to complain.. The things "Americans" take for granted.
As far as the patriotism aspect goes, you're absolutely right, I don't grasp the concept. I'm still considered a second class citizen in this country, why in the hell would I put my life on the line for a country that went through great lengths just to ensure that my people remained on the lower rungs of society? I can somewhat respect IM A HELION's last statement "at the end of the day it's just a job." If you're in it just to get your paper, or to get your education paid for, I can sorta rock with that. But miss me with that Patriotism (ha!) Jingoism talk.

See, the thing kids like you will never realize, is that we as the�"Government Pawns"�don't pick our fights. We follow orders. We sign up for all different personnel reasons.�However, most SPEC-OPS, like the Soldier in the picture, do it because of their patriotism. Something that goes back to the start of our nation. Something�most�will never know.�I can sit here and argue about why were over there, but since you cant grasp the concept of why we serve, it would probably be irrelevant. Funny how people are against the Iraq war, but are the first to complain about "high" gas prices. But hey, if we didn't sacrifice, you�wouldn't�be able�to complain.. The things "Americans" take for granted.
Pretty much.
They do the things that they do so that all these military basher can FREELY and OPENLY say and voice whatever they would like.  Most of you bashers on here have never visited/lived in other countries or been part of different cultures, you guys where born into freedom and all these rights and think that it's your GOD given right.  Well, that "GOD given right" was earn and is still being preserved by people who were and are still willing to do the dirty, ugly things that needed to be done in the name of country and freedom.  You little yuppie ideolog kids have no idea what is really going on.

By no means am I an Operator, but I do serve and see what they do.  At time, I think bringing back the draft wouldn't be such a bad idea.  Too much of this younger generation has this condescending view of service members.  That is one of the reason why I hate it younger people alway tell me "thank you for serving".  Most them don't even mean it.  They just say it because that has become "The thing to say".  They don't fully understand that people their age and younger are protecting them by putting themselves on the line.

Sure, our government/leaders do stir the pot internationally with their politics and foreign policies, but to say that we are stupid for follow orders is just wrong.  Until you've served you should keep your mouth shut about dishonoring these brave men.  You play Call Of Duty, while these men are living it.  You military bashers need to stick to your "should I smash", "pick-up line" post.

It's funny how after 9/11 all these basher where like WE'RE going to get payback.  Negro, please.  GOD forbid stuff ever goes down on U.S. soil.  They'll be the first ones in the fetal position praying for one of these "stupid" Operators to come save them. 

QFTGDMFT

Like I said in my earlier post.

"But within the willingness to die for family and home, something inside of us longs for someone to die besides. Someone to lock up with, another with a heart like our own."
-Navy SEAL Petty Officer 2nd Class Matthew G. Axelson (KIA)

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

Camp Anaconda, Iraq '05-'06
2 pools
Movie theater (we got new releases a month after released in the US), popcorn, soda, hot/chili dogs, candy... and a Subway upstairs
pimp.gif
(lines were OOOODDDDD long tho)
Pizza hut
Burger King
and another shop that's escaping my memory...

I expected to be in sleeping on the ground/in a tent... I was like
eek.gif
when I found out we had 2 man trailers. By all accounts we were living good...

but in the year we were there, our base averaged 2 hits/day, something like total 730 indirect fire attacks (mortar/rockets).
indifferent.gif
alien.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Dude, it was over a thousand.  Something like 1030 or thereabouts.
30t6p3b.gif

Sitting in a 150 degree bunker that smelled like piss because those lazy bastards wouldn't walk the extra 20 feet to the porta john
mad.gif

Dude went back to Afghan because he probably got nothing to do in US with just one leg. Ain't no one is going to hire him with one leg here in US.

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Dude went back to Afghan because he probably got nothing to do in US with just one leg. Ain't no one is going to hire him with one leg here in US.

indifferent.gif

Ain't no one going to hire you with your grammar.

Originally Posted by jay zoe2

Pretty much.

They do the things that they do so that all these military basher can FREELY and OPENLY say and voice whatever they would like. �Most of you bashers on here have never visited/lived in other countries or been part of different cultures, you guys where born into freedom and all these rights and think that it's your GOD given right. �Well, that "GOD given right" was earn and is still being preserved by people who were and are still willing to do the dirty, ugly things that needed to be done in the name of country and freedom. �You little yuppie ideolog kids have no idea what is really going on.

How did the military action in Iraq give Americans "freedom" ? I'll wait.

Originally Posted by tkthafm

Pretty much.

They do the things that they do so that all these military basher can FREELY and OPENLY say and voice whatever they would like. �Most of you bashers on here have never visited/lived in other countries or been part of different cultures, you guys where born into freedom and all these rights and think that it's your GOD given right. �Well, that "GOD given right" was earn and is still being preserved by people who were and are still willing to do the dirty, ugly things that needed to be done in the name of country and freedom. �You little yuppie ideolog kids have no idea what is really going on.

As I previously stated, Our leader aren't always the best at foreign policy.  My point is people saying that service members are stupid for following orders from our Commander-in-Chief or leaders, or for wanting to return to serve next to their brothers in arm in front of harms way. Iraq was wrong, and that isn't debatable. A wrong shouldn't mean that we as service members should just sit on our hands and not follow orders. Iraq was a false step, but we have service members in harms way protect our nation and our interest all over the world - not just in Iraq!
Our elected officials will always write (proverbial) bad checks that we as a nation will have to eventually cash. Just be happy that you have service members that are willing to pay that debt with their blood, sweat, tears, and their lives.

Again, my opinion all along has been: Until someone has served; don't comment on service members about their duty and oath to follow orders and their willingness to sacrifice themselves.

I'm glad you didn't try to argue that Iraq was for our "freedom"
laugh.gif

I respect valor/selflessness/courage etc but I don't like seeing it wasted. Of course the responsibility (and blame) for the decisions lies with the politicians.

Pretty much.

As I previously stated, Our leader aren't always the best at foreign policy. �My point is people saying that service members are stupid for following orders from our Commander-in-Chief or leaders, or for wanting to return to serve next to their brothers in arm in front of harms way. �Iraq was wrong, and that isn't debatable. �[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]A wrong shouldn't mean that we as service members should just sit on our hands and not follow orders.[/color] �Iraq was a false step, but we have service members in harms way protect our nation and our interest all over the world - not just in Iraq!
word?

So these dudes were right when they followed order right? Even though they knew what they were doing wasn't right? Gotcha.

Slovakian-Soldiers.jpg

eyes.gif

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

As I previously stated, Our leader aren't always the best at foreign policy. �My point is people saying that service members are stupid for following orders from our Commander-in-Chief or leaders, or for wanting to return to serve next to their brothers in arm in front of harms way. �Iraq was wrong, and that isn't debatable. �[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]A wrong shouldn't mean that we as service members should just sit on our hands and not follow orders.[/color] �Iraq was a false step, but we have service members in harms way protect our nation and our interest all over the world - not just in Iraq!
word?

So these dudes were right when they followed order right? Even though they knew what they were doing wasn't right? Gotcha.

Slovakian-Soldiers.jpg

eyes.gif

Are you really comparing us to the Nazis? 

Are you really comparing us to the people who killed millions of jews and inflicted unimaginable horrors on countless others? 

A little bit of military rules as it pertains to following orders.  Per the UCMJ (Uniform Code Of military Justice) A service member has the right to not follow an order, if that order is deemed unlawful or goes against the rules that are set forth by the UCMJ.  Example: your squad leader tell you to upon fire on unarmed civilians, torture someone, commit what may be considered a war crime per the Geneva Convention, that servie member can choose not to follow those orders on those grounds.

Telling your battalion that they have to deploy to Iraq and Afganistan is a far cry from telling that they have to run concentration camps and commit war crimes.

Your probably bring up Abu Grab.  Well, all the individuals involved were punished under UCMJ article 15.  And we have since then put into place numerous checks and balances to insure that something as sinister as that never happens again.

Last I check, I didn't hear of Adolf Hitler and his generals sending out memos and setting up protocol for the proper treatment of civilians and prisoners of war.   

Back
Top Bottom