Battlefield: 3 -Official Thread- Be Advised: We are Mission Launch -

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

How the heck can you make out how it looks like on the PS3 with that photo?
laugh.gif
What? Are you asking me how do i know its PS3? Or how do i think it looks great from that photo? 
*Dude in the photo is holding a PS3 controller

*How does it not look good,? especially from that angle & Off-Screen photo? I can only imagine itll look better when there is a On-Screen ScreenCap. 

This will be the first major game i buy for pc so i have a question.

Don't Digital Distribution sites allow people the pre download the game so that when it hits midnight you can start playing? Or did i Just make that up in my head?

Pre-Order from Best Buy & receive SPECACT pack (Skins)
For those whole dont know what SPECACT pack/skins is... Its like Camo for your guns for CoD. It was strictly the guns  reskinned but i think in BF3 theyre doing full player reskins. The SPECACT pack will be available to everyone later on down the road.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Battlef...on+3/2107449.p?id=1218310007668&skuId=2107449

Pics of SPECACT Renders of US ARMY. Russian Army reveal.

Original - US

Spoiler [+]
battlefield3-1310137670.jpg

SPECACT - US

Spoiler [+]
mp_character_profiles_specact_us.jpg

Russian Army Reveal. SPECACT? 

Spoiler [+]
mp_character_profiles_specact_rus.jpg

New Blog Post: Detailing PreOrder items for Battlefield 3
There are a number of pre-order offers for Battlefield 3 available. Some countries have already announced their offers, while others will follow. Check with your favorite retailer/digital download service to see what offers they have available.

By mid-August, you should be able to find all of these items where they are supposed to be available. Here is what they all are and how to get them. We have also attached a handy FAQ on the Open Beta for Battlefield 3 at the bottom of this post.

BREAKDOWN OF ALL PRE-ORDER ITEMS FOR BATTLEFIELD 3
Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand
What it is: An entire themed expansion pack the size of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam.
Where to get: You will be eligible to download this expansion pack (once it is released) if you pre-order Battlefield 3: Limited Edition at Origin or at any retailer all over the world.
Available: The release date of Back to Karkand is not yet announced. This expansion pack is not on the disc and is not available on the launch date of the base game. Everyone (pre-orderers and those who buy it separately) will be able to start playing Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand at the same date.
Cost: At no extra charge with every pre-order of Battlefield 3: Limited Edition. You will be able to buy it separately for $14,99 if you don't pre-order (release date not yet announced).
More info: In this blog post.  

Physical Warfare Pack
What it is: A set of three time-based exclusive items and one early weapon unlock for Battlefield 3.
Where to get: By pre-ordering Battlefield 3: Limited Edition on Origin or at select retailers all over the world.
Available: Day 1 if you pre-order. You will get access to this content at no extra charge at a later date if you don't pre-order (date to be announced)
Cost: At no extra charge with your pre-order at Origin and select retailers.

SPECACT Kit Upgrade
What it is: A set of 8 multiplayer skins, one for each class and side in Battlefield 3.
Where to get: At select retailers all over the world when you pre-order Battlefield 3: Limited Edition.
Available: Day 1.
Cost: At no extra charge with your pre-order at select retailers.  

Dog Tag Pack
What it is: A set of 10 unique in-game dog tags to choose from. Dog tags in Battlefield 3 serve as your in-game signature, displayed on screen every time you defeat an enemy. You can also claim the dog tag of your enemies via skillful stealth knife takedowns. This pre-order exclusive pack gives you 10 unique dog tag designs to complement the standard range in the game.
Where to get: At select retailers all over the world when you pre-order Battlefield 3: Limited Edition.

What it is: Battlefield 3 gear for your console avatar.

Shotgun and Beret for Battlefield Play4Free
What it is: An 870S shotgun and a beret for in-game use in our play-for-free title Battlefield Play4Free.
Where to get: By pre-ordering Battlefield 3: Limited Edition on Origin.
Cost: At no extra charge with your pre-order on Origin.

48 Hour Early Access to the Open Beta
What it is: A 2 day (48 hours) early access to the Battlefield 3 Open Beta starting in September 2011.
Where to get: By pre-ordering the digital download PC version of Battlefield 3: Limited Edition on Origin or by being a first-hand Medal of Honor: Limited Edition or Medal of Honor: Tier 1 Edition player.
Available: 48 hours before the Open Beta goes public for everyone.

FAQ on the Open Beta
How early is early access?
Early access to the Open Beta is 48 hours before the public is allowed to enter.

How will my early access to the Open Beta be delivered if I am eligible?
This will be communicated later. Stay tuned.

Who can participate in the Open Beta?
The Battlefield 3 Open Beta will be available to all, on all platforms, in September.

Can I get early access to the Open Beta by pre-ordering Battlefield 3 on Origin?
Yes, if you pre-order the digital download PC version of Battlefield 3: Limited Edition on Origin. This will also entitle you to the pre-order items Physical Warfare Pack plus the Shotgun and Beret for Battlefield Play4Free -- see above.

I bought Medal of Honor Limited Edition/Tier 1 Edition and was promised entry to the Battlefield 3 Beta -- is that a different Beta than the Open Beta just announced?
No, it is the same Open Beta, but as a first-hand buyer of Medal of Honor: Limited Edition/Tier 1 Edition, you will have 48 hours early access.

What if I bought Medal of Honor: Limited Edition/Tier 1 Edition as a digital download -- do I still get early access to the Open Beta?
Yes.

What are the exact dates for the Open Beta?
The exact dates for the Open Beta will be announced later.

What if I pre-ordered the digital download version of Battlefield 3: Limited Edition on Origin before they announced the early access to the Open Beta -- do I still get this early access?
Yes. 

48hours Early Access though? 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

30t6p3b.gif
WACK! 

Anyone else pre-order off origin? Once it hits midnight I can play
pimp.gif

Don't Digital Distribution sites allow people the pre download the game so that when it hits midnight you can start playing? Or did i Just make that up in my head?

This is correct

Pre-load and Get Ready to Play at Launch 

Pre-order the PC Digital version of Battlefield 3 Limited Edition through Origin to preload your game before it launches. Preloading means you can play the minute Battlefield 3 releases instead of waiting to install. 

Originally Posted by Carver

pimp.gif

Not that serious

Originally Posted by devildog1776

pimp.gif

Not that serious
l.jpg

Thanks for the myspace link homes

Originally Posted by devildog1776

pimp.gif

Not that serious

What?

I can go to gamestop at midnight, wait 25 minutes in line, drive back home 20 minutes, install the game for x minutes, THEN play.

or

I can download on monday and play at midnight.

if your on alpha and preorder on origin you get to pick mass effect 2, dead space 2, or medal of honor for free...pretty sweet imo for those who pc

Wait, so all of those (except for the Beta) are available on the PS3 version of Battlefield 3?
nerd.gif

Anyway, heads up to my fellow P.I. NTers: Pre-order is now available at Datablitz up until the 24th of October.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

[h2]Battleblog #5: Years worth of unlocks and rewards in Battlefield 3[/h2]

BF3_2D00_Ranks.png

Battlefield 3 will be the deepest shooter in DICE history. Read on for the full story on how we will reward skill and dedication, and how our flexible unlock and customization system allows you to tailor the game for your personal play style.

“Battlefield players are among the most loyal out there. Our games are literally played for years by our hardcore fans, and we want to actively support that. There should always be something left to achieve in Battlefield 3.

^ That sounds great.

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

if your on alpha and preorder on origin you get to pick mass effect 2, dead space 2, or medal of honor for free...pretty sweet imo for those who pc

NICE! Just pre-ordered and got MOH.

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

I wonder how long it takes for you to go prone? I hope it's not too quick so drop shots are discouraged, but reasonable quick enough to take cover. That part of CoD is annoying.
I know this is a old reply but it
JUST Recently Addressed by a Senior Gameplay Desginer. 

http://twitter.com/#!/Bob_L0VE
http://twitter.com/#!/Bob_L0VE
Bob_L0VE Travis Marcel 

@Demize99 I don't know if you went over this before, but are you guys going to address the drop shot? thanks

Demize99 Alan Kertz 

@Bob_L0VE Yes. Shooting can no longer be done while going prone.

Good News 
pimp.gif
[font=Arial, 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif]
[/font]

^ I think he meant being able to shoot while going prone (i.e., being able to shoot while performing a dolphin dive, or something similar). Otherwise, having the foldable bipod (to add "stability") would be pointless.
laugh.gif

Check out the video December posted. He can still shoot while in prone, just not in the transition phase.

DICE to reveal Battlefield 3's - Conquest Mode, Co-Op, & Jets  At GamesCom

8FJhx.jpg

Dice has today revealed that in just over a weeks time at Gamescom 2011 they will be showing off the first footage of Battlefield 3's Conquest Mode and we will finally get to see the games Jets in action.

Dice's General Manager, Karl-Magnus Troedsson revealed the information via hisTwitter account;

“Just experienced some awesome Conquest action – #BF3 is getting ready for #gamescom!

This joint looks incredible, and I don't even like battlefield like that. Can't wait.

Originally Posted by ricerocket1

whoever i was playing with earlier during the game, that was fun ha ha ha
Yo on White Pass.. did you get kicked to the dashboard? I got a quad that game too 
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by WitnessMyCalm21

Originally Posted by ricerocket1

whoever i was playing with earlier during the game, that was fun ha ha ha
Yo on White Pass.. did you get kicked to the dashboard? I got a quad that game too 
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

nah we won, then i checked if you were still playing you were gone
frown.gif
. i was snipin dudes on that mountain like its no ones business ha ha ha. we need a squad up again soon though, it sucks playing by yourself.

Back
Top Bottom