Battlefield: 3 -Official Thread- Be Advised: We are Mission Launch -

Full Article of Possible Mod Tools for PC & DICE stands by 30FPS on console 

BF3_-_MP_-_Forest_-_Gamescom_02.jpg
 In a forthcoming interview with AusGamers, EA DICE's Karl-Magnus Troedsson talked openly about the lack of out-of-the-box mod-tool support for Battlefield 3 and touched on that precious argument of 30 frames-per-second versus 60 frames-per-second. 

"I will say that there’s been a lot of cool things coming out of the mod community for many years; I have a lot of respect for the people in the mod community," he told us when asked about the decision behind no mod-tool support. "At the same time, as developers of a game of this magnitude -- I mean, it’s the biggest thing we’ve ever done -- we have to select what it is we’re going to spend our focus on. We cannot do everything; it’s basically like that." 

However, it's not all bleak with Karl assuring their mod community fans that they're being heard, and most certainly not ignored. 

"We have heard the community very loud and clear on this topic -- that they want mod tools," he said. "We are considering it, back in the studio. The game won’t ship with mod tools, but we have heard it. I’m not saying that we’re going to do it, I’m saying that we are thinking about it." 

And on that see-saw topic of which frame-rate is the better one to play your game on (in the console space), Karl quickly asserts the team don't want to get into too much of a slinging match, reminding us they've released every Battlefield game on consoles so far, at 30 frames-per-second. 

"We have been working on this game for three years. We’re very conscious about quality and we’re polishing it to the last bits. Secondly, our games have been running at 30 FPS since we started doing console games," he told us. "There’s nothing “bad

New interview with Karl from PAX - AusGamers - From article above

Karl seems mad passionate about his game.. When dude said "A diservice & throwing it out there.. Dude was like
indifferent.gif
eyes.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted by im that one

Originally Posted by Sneaky

Originally Posted by 0renthalJames

Finally got a copy of BFBC2, forgot how dope this game actually was.

-The Juice
360?

nerd.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]check the sig, add, let's dominate.[/color]

i'll add ya'll when i get on sometime. School and bball consuming most of my time right now.

Originally Posted by 0renthalJames

Unpopular Opinion: The worst thing developers ever did was including sniper weapons as a main class weapon.

Yep I said it. Snipers bring campers and camping mentality. Been hopping into games on Conquest where the majority of my team got on Gillie suit camping with their backs turned to the flag. We are down 2 flags, and instead of helping out and hopping on a flag, they'd rather sit on top of a building not even looking in the same direction. Why pay $60 for a game and $50 a year just so you can play like a #%#%%? K/D in this game shouldn't be that important to someone. I play to win, not to loose by a substantial amount, now I have to hear that annoying $%# fog horn sound for the rest of the match because dudes are legitamately terrified of being shot at.
30t6p3b.gif

I've lost the last 5 games (where I led the entire lobby in points btw) because people don't want to play the objective. That's the one thing I miss from Halo 2. In Halo they spawn only 2 snipers on a map and that's it, forcing the rest of the player to actually play the damn game. If we have a good lead, then fine, camp your heart out but in the beginning you must hop on those flags.

yeah I'm mad.

-The Juice
That's why I stay playing Rush. People barely help in Conquest. If you have to be a Recon, might as damn well know how to spot enemies.
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif

Can't really hate on the Recon class, though. It's really powerful on certain maps... even on defense (Motion Mines + Mortar Strikes + G3/USAS-12 FTW
laugh.gif
).

Had a few good rounds earlier... got teamed up with a good squad that was objective-oriented. Made quick work of the objectives.
smokin.gif

What console are  you on, btw?
nerd.gif
EDIT: Backread on the previous page. Never mind.
laugh.gif

PS3 NTers looking for people to run BFBC2 with, add me up - PSN: zk1mpls

I try to put in work. My stats look like trash, though. It's only been a month and a half since I copped the game.
laugh.gif

If you look at my stats I made pretty much my living sniping. But I do play objectively. Motion mines + G3 + ammo box = you ain't planting the bomb anytime soon.

Originally Posted by im that one

360?

nerd.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]check the sig, add, let's dominate.[/color]

i'll add ya'll when i get on sometime. School and bball consuming most of my time right now.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]yes yes... I take care of my son, run my warehouse, and am a Head Coach.... lol i already know bro. Just shoot me a message on xbl when you add me and we'll get it going.[/color]

For those playing BFBC2 on ps3...
Every time I connect to an online game, I will play for about 15 seconds and get booted to a screen that says the connection was lost. I know this is BS since I can play any game online and...well...I have the ability to type this 
laugh.gif

I can haz help?

Originally Posted by shoemasta72

Every time I connect to an online game, I will play for about 15 seconds and get booted to a screen that says the connection was lost. I know this is BS since I can play any game online and...well...I have the ability to type this 
laugh.gif

I can haz help?
Get a 360

Originally Posted by Carver

laugh.gif

I can haz help?
Get a 360

laugh.gif

I can haz help?
Hmm... haven't encountered that before.

And I don't think this is the usual "Cannot connect to EA Online" issue that was recurrent a few weeks ago, either. That problem just went away after several attempts.

It's sad that the BFBC2 community is much smaller than Black Ops. I think I've played against the very same dudes I'm usually matched up against with several times already.
laugh.gif
Never happens in Call of Duty unless it's a party.
ohwell.gif

[h1]DICE Addresses Concerns Regarding Console Versions of Battlefield 3[/h1]
feature-Battlefield3-Combat.jpg

Battlefield 3 executive producer Patrick Bach has told VG247 that, while the shooter’s PC version is graphically “better

MLG Opens Battlefield 3 Team Registration

majorleaguegaming-857850-600x375.png

North American Competitive Giant have officially launched their Battlefield 3 competitive section. You can even go ahead and register a team! The portal is located on MLG’s new gamebattles system.  In the past week, we found out that Battlefield 3 will include a extensive server administration system allowing you to enable unlocks. This was a huge debate before. As we get closer to the release of Beta and the final game, it’s great to see the competitive big wigs already gearing up for Battlefield 3 even pre-release. Currently we are still waiting to hear more details on things like spectator mode and battle recorder.

With September just around the corner, Open beta is going to kick off this month and will be an important time for competitive players to get their hands on the game and decide whether or not it will have a large scene for it. This time will be a game breaker for the competitive scene.
GameBattles is happy to announce the launch of the Battlefield 3 Arena for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC  platforms! Players and teams may now begin registering. When ladder play closes, the top teams will advance to the playoff bracket, which is a single-elimination tournament resulting in one team being crowned champion. If you already have an account on GameBattles, sign up for the ladder and begin playing now!

You can register your team on MLG Gamebattles | Battlefield 3 

Battlefield 3s Singleplayer to be longer than MW2s?
[h2]It's slightly longer than MW2's, according to lead designer David Goldfarb.[/h2]
David Goldfarb, lead designer of Battlefield 3 has been talking about the game's single-player campaign, and facing questions on the shooter's length. 

VG247 interviewer said that he had spent six hours playing through 2009's Modern Warfare 2's single-player campaign, and asked if Battlefield 3 would be longer. Goldfarb replied, "I'd say it was probably slightly more than that. Based on our play-times it's probably more than that, but it's not twice as long. But, again, we'll see. When you play it on hard difficulty, it'll take a lot more time. It's all about making sure the experience is as awesome as possible. I'd rather have six hours of awesome than 12 hours of 'meh'." 

He added that the company was aware that some players would want to go back and play the single-player campaign, rather than just playing multiplayer. "I think we have some pretty cool achievements that people will want to go back and get," he said. "It's not like an RPG in that way, but we have tried to incentivize people to come back and play on different difficulties, and so on." 

Goldfarb also addressed the game's story-mode, and the political situations it would cover. Battlefield 3 is set in a modern-day Middle East combat setting, but developer DICE and publisher EA say they want to avoid "demonizing" any population groups. 

He said, "It's not about religions, or populations of people and it's not about countries. It is fiction, and…we have to be very cautious about what it suggests because people will take it in a certain way. We're really trying to make it feel real, but at the same time we have an obligation to not demonize people or places, and I think that's something that's really important to us."

^I wonder what requirements you need to fulfill in order to get that? Team kills using Destruction 2.0? The 'Forever Alone' one makes more sense.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by WitnessMyCalm21

MLG Opens Battlefield 3 Team Registration

majorleaguegaming-857850-600x375.png

North American Competitive Giant have officially launched their Battlefield 3 competitive section. You can even go ahead and register a team! The portal is located on MLG’s new gamebattles system.  In the past week, we found out that Battlefield 3 will include a extensive server administration system allowing you to enable unlocks. This was a huge debate before. As we get closer to the release of Beta and the final game, it’s great to see the competitive big wigs already gearing up for Battlefield 3 even pre-release. Currently we are still waiting to hear more details on things like spectator mode and battle recorder.

With September just around the corner, Open beta is going to kick off this month and will be an important time for competitive players to get their hands on the game and decide whether or not it will have a large scene for it. This time will be a game breaker for the competitive scene.
GameBattles is happy to announce the launch of the Battlefield 3 Arena for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC  platforms! Players and teams may now begin registering. When ladder play closes, the top teams will advance to the playoff bracket, which is a single-elimination tournament resulting in one team being crowned champion. If you already have an account on GameBattles, sign up for the ladder and begin playing now!

You can register your team on MLG Gamebattles | Battlefield 3 

When i think of MLG/GB i think of  these type of people
No doubt im sure their are alot of cool dudes in it. But still..Im not a fan of the whole "atmosphere" of that whole "communtiy" Its just a buch of kids. With MLGxLeGiT23xXChadzZ or zZxX Creme GTs screaming "Youre Bad kid. Youre bad" and just Try Hards are just corny & how serious they be on their call outs & $$*@.. I just dont like it . Im like yo son chill. Not a fan. Its fun to watch at times i guess.

Originally Posted by Carver

laugh.gif
What do you have to do to get the 'Forever Alone' ribbon
200 hours without joining a squad.
frown.gif
laugh.gif

lonewolf.jpg

The guys on the EA UK Battlefield 3 Forums are funny
laugh.gif

Nah, it's not like that. Atleast the people I played with on Cod4 and Gow1 and 2 weren't. Went to 2 events for gow1 and 1 for gow2.

Yeah, you got the kids that have the MLGxhdkjfhkjhshx22 that say you're bad, you're a random, etc but like you said some of the people that play it are cool as can be.

Originally Posted by WitnessMyCalm21

Battlefield 3s Singleplayer to be longer than MW2s?
[h2]It's slightly longer than MW2's, according to lead designer David Goldfarb.[/h2]
David Goldfarb, lead designer of Battlefield 3 has been talking about the game's single-player campaign, and facing questions on the shooter's length. 

VG247 interviewer said that he had spent six hours playing through 2009's Modern Warfare 2's single-player campaign, and asked if Battlefield 3 would be longer. Goldfarb replied, "I'd say it was probably slightly more than that. Based on our play-times it's probably more than that, but it's not twice as long. But, again, we'll see. When you play it on hard difficulty, it'll take a lot more time. It's all about making sure the experience is as awesome as possible. I'd rather have six hours of awesome than 12 hours of 'meh'." 

He added that the company was aware that some players would want to go back and play the single-player campaign, rather than just playing multiplayer. "I think we have some pretty cool achievements that people will want to go back and get," he said. "It's not like an RPG in that way, but we have tried to incentivize people to come back and play on different difficulties, and so on." 

Goldfarb also addressed the game's story-mode, and the political situations it would cover. Battlefield 3 is set in a modern-day Middle East combat setting, but developer DICE and publisher EA say they want to avoid "demonizing" any population groups. 

He said, "It's not about religions, or populations of people and it's not about countries. It is fiction, and…we have to be very cautious about what it suggests because people will take it in a certain way. We're really trying to make it feel real, but at the same time we have an obligation to not demonize people or places, and I think that's something that's really important to us."

Sooo:

-Weak #%$ story pretty much confirmed 

-When they were saying campaign would be 12hrs, they meant single plus co-op. Nice of them to wait a couple months before clearing that up:smh: 

So before we even touch the MP it looks like MW3 will be kicking BF3 #%$. Not to hate on BF3 but its %@+% like this that drives me all the wall about DICE and EA. All the %@+% they talk about their competition applies to them too. If I don't prefer BF's multiplayer over COD's, then what reason do I have to choose their game first. 

Back
Top Bottom