Battlefield: 3 -Official Thread- Be Advised: We are Mission Launch -

End of the week numbers

screenshot20110822at635.png

30t6p3b.gif
 Gears beasting

Crazy how music albums that are $10, struggle to sell. Meanwhile, video games that are $60 go gold and platinum before it even drops. Gears 3, so far has made about $85 million in PREORDERS #crazy.

-The Juice

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

I am out of the loop but is there a PS3/360 beta starting soon? And if so, how do I get in? thanks

public beta sometime in sept. 

So basically, it is going to be a multiplayer demo dropping in the PSN & Xbox live store. Thanks

Originally Posted by 0renthalJames

End of the week numbers

screenshot20110822at635.png

30t6p3b.gif
 Gears beasting

Crazy how music albums that are $10, struggle to sell. Meanwhile, video games that are $60 go gold and platinum before it even drops. Gears 3, so far has made about $85 million in PREORDERS #crazy.

-The Juice

you dont have to mod your computer to play an MP3, or have to download for hours.

The lack of 360 footage is definitely EA's doing not DICE. EA for some reason always panders to the PS3 crowd. 

So, I was at Micro Center earlier today.. and they were selling the i5 2500k Sandy Bridge CPUs for 150. I had to cop it
pimp.gif
.. back when I was building mine that isht was a lot more than that
A motherboard was also copped

I would like to see if BF3 could run on my Mac. My specs:
  • Intel Core i7
  • 4GB 1333MHz
  • 750GB 5400-rpm
  • Intel HD Graphics 3000
  • AMD Radeon HD 6490M with 256MB GDDR5
Any of yout computer gurus know if that will run it effortlessly?

-The Juice

it will tax your GPU heavily

Originally Posted by Carver

So, I was at Micro Center earlier today.. and they were selling the i5 2500k Sandy Bridge CPUs for 150. I had to cop it
pimp.gif

get a good mouse and keyboard, they make a huge difference.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

pimp.gif

Whats a good mouse to get?

Originally Posted by 0renthalJames

I would like to see if BF3 could run on my Mac. My specs:
  • Intel Core i7
  • 4GB 1333MHz
  • 750GB 5400-rpm
  • Intel HD Graphics 3000
  • AMD Radeon HD 6490M with 256MB GDDR5
Any of yout computer gurus know if that will run it effortlessly?

-The Juice
Your GPU's body isn't ready. 

Originally Posted by Wr

pimp.gif

Any of the Razer gaming mice.

why are people so upset no 360 footage has been shown?

its not like its going to look any different from the PS3 counter part, or EA is going to low blow the graphics on the 360.

one game doesn't get shown on the 360 and internet and Xbox community becomes upset welcome to the first three years of PS3
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sole vintage

why are people so upset no 360 footage has been shown?

its not like its going to look any different from the PS3 counter part, or EA is going to low blow the graphics on the 360.

one game doesn't get shown on the 360 and internet and Xbox community becomes upset welcome to the first three years of PS3
laugh.gif
This 
laugh.gif
.. I don't think there will be that big a difference just get which system you'd prefer playing on. I highly doubt the 360 guys will get screwed because that's where more of the console players are at 

Originally Posted by Wr

pimp.gif

G500 comes with weights an gaming mouse pad all for 25 at best buy cleareance regular price 74 with tax

Originally Posted by sladewilson

Originally Posted by Wr

G500 comes with weights an gaming mouse pad all for 25 at best buy cleareance regular price 74 with tax
did you get memory an a GPU ?

Originally Posted by sladewilson

did you get memory an a GPU ?
yea GPU'S come with various amounts of mem on them

i think a 1gb and higher is needed for desktops depending on your display, and 512 for laptops

If you were talking to me, then yes I got a 570 when we were talking about it a few days ago, and got 8gbs of ram earlier today when I bought the CPU/Motherboard.. prob don't need 8gbs but it was same damb price of 4 so
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Originally Posted by Wr

pimp.gif

Any of the Razer gaming mice.

avoid razer like the plague

depending on your grip style.

logitech g9x (claw/fingertip)
CM storm spawn (claw)
logitech g500 (palm)
logitech MX518 (palm)
logitech G400 (newer version of the mx518)

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

^ there are different grip styles!?
eek.gif
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Yup. A lot of people lift their mouse a lot so finger tip/claw works for them
Also some people have small hands and big mice made for palm suck. It's basically want feels comfortable. I'm a claw/finger tip gripper so the g9x is perfect for me. Also has dpi switching on the fly. Can go low dpi for sniping and mid dpi for run and gun with the click of a button.

A first look at BF3's PC Game Servers 
bf3_-_mp_-_operation_metro-_gamescom_01-600x358.jpg

An important part of playing the game is about servers. Over the past few months there has been quite a bit of discussion from the community regarding servers and the support from EA/DICE. From Gamescom and multiple interviews, it is confirmed that there will not be dedicated server files. In other words, due to anti-cheat measures, you will need to buy a server from a EA Trusted Partner in order to have your own server.  Michael Kalms, from DICE, posted this information today over at the EAUK Forums explaining a bit more detail of Servers and Battlefield 3. The best news out of this is that for Unranked server, you WILL be able to choose which weapons are available to the players. This is a huge advantage for clan support and now, Clans don’t have to worry about ranking up and unlocking weapons to have a fair match, since the Server admin can change the load outs accordingly. With this option, I have no doubt that Battlefield 3 will be the competitive game we hope for. For those of you who are interested in getting a ranked server for free, we are actually holding a contest for 3 Ranked Server Packages. 
RSPs

The game server machines themselves will be run by a number of Ranked Server Provider (RSP) companies. We do not allow other companies to run game servers, or for other people to run game servers from home.
We try to strike a balance where there are game servers available across the globe, while still keeping the number of RSPs at a level where we can offer reasonable support to each individual company. Since we prefer to work with larger hosting companies, and we focus on countries where we have a larger player base, there will not be game servers available in every country on the planet.
The list of RSPs which will run BF3 game servers at launch is not ready yet. Once it is, we will publilalalala widely.

Server administrators

While the RSPs run the physical machines, most if not all will be paid for and administered by the players themselves – individuals, groups of friends, or clans.
A server administrator control some aspects of the play experience – which maps are being played, which people are allowed onto the server, and can also affect the play style through various direct and indirect controls. Generally speaking, servers that are administered by reasonable admins attract players, while servers which have arbitrary rules imposed see less traffic.

Ranked vs Unranked

One of the biggest choices which a server administrator has to make is, whether to run the server in Ranked or Unranked mode.
In Ranked mode, player progression is tracked on EAs master servers. Weapons are unlocked by playing the game. Player progression is also visible on Battlelog. The server administrators will have to abide by the Battlefield Rules of Engagement.
In Unranked mode, player progression is not tracked on the master servers. Server administrators have free reign on such servers – no Battlefield Rules of Engagement to heed. They can control in detail which weapons are available to the players, etc. This mode is suited to playing clan matches, tournaments, or to those players who just like the fairness of everyone having the same range of weapons available to them.

PunkBuster

BF3 will use PunkBuster as its anti-cheat system. Game servers that run in ranked mode are required to have PunkBuster active.
There have been problems with the PunkBuster screenshot mechanism under DirectX 10/11 in the past. However, we have collaborated with EvenBalance to make screenshots function reliably with DX10/DX11 in BF3.

Third party anti-cheat organizations

There are several community initiatives against cheating. These initiatives are usually volunteer organizations that maintain their own databases with cheaters. They do both manual work – reviewing screenshots, game recordings, and other cheating evidence – and also implement automated systems.
It is up to each individual server administrator whether to join with one or more of these organizations.

While not officially partnering with these organizations, we try to ensure that BF3 works well with their systems in time for the launch.
The biggest three organizations that support Battlefield games are PBBans (PBBans | Always Quality over Quantity), GGC-Stream (GGC-Stream / News) and PunksBusted (PunksBusted.com Sponsored by Ventrilo). There are also several smaller organizations around.

Server administration interface

BF3 will support a Remote Administration interface similar to that of BFBC2. The basic protocol will be the same, but commands differing a bit.
There is a plethora of tools available that can talk to the remote admin interface. We are in contact with several of the developers who created tools for BFBC2, and will aid them in adding support for BF3. If you have developed a BFBC2 remote admin tool which is popular (used on >100 game servers), send me a PM.
The protocol itself is still under constant revision. Expect the protocol to be published by the time that the retail game is released.

i hate punkbuster. i forgot what game i was playing that wouldn't let me on because it was out of date and no matter how many time i tried to upgrade it wouldn't let me. i had to uninstall everything and reinstall for it to finally work.

[h2]Battleblog #8: Build your weapon of choice[/h2]
[font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]
1.png
2.png

[/font]

[font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]We have well over 50 weapons in Battlefield 3. But each weapon in itself can be tailored to wildly differing play styles and combat roles. Read on for the full details on our deepest weapon customization ever.[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Two weeks ago, we detailed the general design philosophy behind the gun play in Battlefield 3 together with Senior Designer Alan Kertz. Today, we are delving deeper into the thousands of weapon customization options you will have in the game.[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Basically, each main weapon in the game has three accessory slots, where you can attach weapon accessories you have unlocked. Weapon accessory unlocks are received on a per weapon basis, meaning that the more time you spend with a particular weapon, the more options you will have to customize that weapon to fit different your combat role and play style.[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]A rifle in Battlefield 3 can be customized for wildly different combat roles. The carbine directly below has been equipped with a heavy barrel, bipod, and a 4X magnification combat scope. This would be ideal for a soldier who wants to engage targets at medium to long range and use suppressive fire to support his team mates..[/font]

BF3-Weapon-Customization-1.jpg
[/font]

BF3-Weapon-Customization-2.jpg
[/font]

[font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]In the picture above, the same carbine has instead been equipped with a suppressor, foregrip, and quick acquisition holographic scope. This setup would be well suited for Close Quarters Battle, especially indoors where stealth can be a vital factor.[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]The unlockable weapon accessories include an assortment of optics, suppressors, bipods, barrels, underslung grenade launchers, underslung shotguns, foregrips, flashlights, laser sights, and more.While the class and model of your weapon will determine a number of basic values (like muzzle speed, energy, and fire rate), you can always modify it to tweak it towards anything from long range to close quarters combat.[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]So. Are you a long range sniper or a close quarter combat type of player? The neat thing is, in Battlefield 3, you can easily switch between both. With our powerful weapon customization features, there are no limits to the types of gameplay we support.[/font]

3.png
6.png

[/font]
[/font]

[/font]

Back
Top Bottom