BEING AMERICAN APPRECIATION

Originally Posted by BlackSheep08

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by peks03

the greatest thing that i love about being an American is that if you do not like it here then you have the FREEDOM to move out. truly, if you are someone who thinks there are better places in the world to live, by all means pack your s%#& and keep it moving.
indifferent.gif
Seriously! My brothers and sisters in North Korea do not have that option.
tired.gif

I live in the part of America where the American Dream is selling enough drugs until you get rich or you get killed or robbed. I live in the part of America where there is no Stussy, Supreme, Gucci or anything like that because most people can't afford it. The people in office definitely don't listen to us because they're trying to build a railroad station in order to create more jobs as opposed to putting up the numerous schools they closed down in the past year. It gets much worse than that, people are dying all over the place because of retaliation killings stemming from the various neighbourhood gangs thinking they run the city when their parents barely have enough money to keep them under the roof of some projects that they didn't want to be in to begin with. All while hard working people are losing jobs and famous people get things for free because of their status.
GTHOOHWTBS
roll.gif
roll.gif

You are sitting next to a goddamn laptop in your avatar.
indifferent.gif
  That was a nice little paragraph that you wrote, though.
eyes.gif

I am losing, I'm not going to lie. I got that laptop as a gift for graduating highschool and being the first in my generation of grandchildren to go to college. My uncle had savings bonds for me when I was born and I got to cash it it came out to $1000, just enough for a Toshiba and Microsoft Office. I'm not here to talk about my laptop though, this is about how some people see this country as a great place when not everyone has the same advantages. I'm not saying we all can't be successful, I just know for a fact that some people have a harder road to cross to get there. It gets to the extent that the road is so blocked and clouded that you can't find your way and you adapt to where you are. I would really like the hate to stop and lets really have a good conversation for once!
Blue - I agree with you to an extent on this, yes the road to success in certain fields is very difficult for some(mostly minorities and the poor) but the door isn't completely closed everywhere.

Yellow - This is NT hate is always going to be thrown into the mix.

the greatest thing that i love about being an American is that if you do not like it here then you have the FREEDOM to move out. truly, if you are someone who thinks there are better places in the world to live, by all means pack your s%#& and keep it moving.
indifferent.gif
tired.gif

I live in the part of America where the American Dream is selling enough drugs until you get rich or you get killed or robbed. I live in the part of America where there is no Stussy, Supreme, Gucci or anything like that because most people can't afford it. The people in office definitely don't listen to us because they're trying to build a railroad station in order to create more jobs as opposed to putting up the numerous schools they closed down in the past year. It gets much worse than that, people are dying all over the place because of retaliation killings stemming from the various neighbourhood gangs thinking they run the city when their parents barely have enough money to keep them under the roof of some projects that they didn't want to be in to begin with. All while hard working people are losing jobs and famous people get things for free because of their status.
GTHOOHWTBS
roll.gif
roll.gif

indifferent.gif
eyes.gif

I am losing, I'm not going to lie. I got that laptop as a gift for graduating highschool and being the first in my generation of grandchildren to go to college. My uncle had savings bonds for me when I was born and I got to cash it it came out to $1000, just enough for a Toshiba and Microsoft Office. I'm not here to talk about my laptop though, this is about how some people see this country as a great place when not everyone has the same advantages. I'm not saying we all can't be successful, I just know for a fact that some people have a harder road to cross to get there. It gets to the extent that the road is so blocked and clouded that you can't find your way and you adapt to where you are. I would really like the hate to stop and lets really have a good conversation for once!
Material things do not make for a good lifestyle. A laptop does not equate living well just like having cable tv doesn't. And real talk, most technology in this country is pure junk that they release on a schedule to keep us fueling this CONSUMER ECONOMY. Don't let your eye for material things blind you from seeing whats really going on andy

indifferent.gif
tired.gif

GTHOOHWTBS
roll.gif
roll.gif

indifferent.gif
eyes.gif

Material things do not make for a good lifestyle. A laptop does not equate living well just like having cable tv doesn't. And real talk, most technology in this country is pure junk that they release on a schedule to keep us fueling this CONSUMER ECONOMY. Don't let your eye for material things blind you from seeing whats really going on andy

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

Loving America =/= Loving America's Government

I %!$!!*% hate our governement.  $!!+, I spent two years fighting in a war I didn't agree with and sure as hell didn't support.  You think I have any love or any good perceptions towards some %!$!!*% %##% in a %!$!!*% suit sitting all nice in safe in a %!$!!*% air conditioned office making %!$!!*% 6 %!$!!*% figures a year off of the %!$!!*% sweat, blood, and tears of the less fortunate.  **!+ all that $!!+, I'd slit all of those @!%!*+'s throats in a second if I actually thought it would change anything.  It won't though, one rotten apple gets thrown away only to replaced by another.  I %!$!!*% hate politicians.  %!$!!*% venomous snakes hidden behind false smiles and lies hidden behind promises.  They have no interests beyond their own, **!+ the people.  Yes I'm mad, but dammit I still love this country.  There's still a lot of good people and good places that make it so I really don't want to live anywhere else, but that doesn't mean it's perfect.  Politicians around the world are corrupt, and infrastructures around the world vary between adequate and terrible.

I feel you.

I %!$!!*% hate our governement.  $!!+, I spent two years fighting in a war I didn't agree with and sure as hell didn't support.  You think I have any love or any good perceptions towards some %!$!!*% %##% in a %!$!!*% suit sitting all nice in safe in a %!$!!*% air conditioned office making %!$!!*% 6 %!$!!*% figures a year off of the %!$!!*% sweat, blood, and tears of the less fortunate.  **!+ all that $!!+, I'd slit all of those @!%!*+'s throats in a second if I actually thought it would change anything.  It won't though, one rotten apple gets thrown away only to replaced by another.  I %!$!!*% hate politicians.  %!$!!*% venomous snakes hidden behind false smiles and lies hidden behind promises.  They have no interests beyond their own, **!+ the people.  Yes I'm mad, but dammit I still love this country.  There's still a lot of good people and good places that make it so I really don't want to live anywhere else, but that doesn't mean it's perfect.  Politicians around the world are corrupt, and infrastructures around the world vary between adequate and terrible.

I feel you.

calm-down1.jpg

calm-down1.jpg

also wanted to say that being an american was an attitude set by our founding fathers, i know there are prob. and lot of guys here on NT that consider themselves and entrepreneur.....thats why people came to america in the first place, to make something of themselves, and they did for the most part, poorer people became better off and the rich folks did too, but they werent just a little better off, they were out of this world better off and crazy rich, its that i have to dominant attitude that leads us into today's cooperate greedyness

i wholeheartly respect our founding fathers for creating "a land of oppurtunity" b/c it does exist however i think had they started out w/ an emphasis on building proper morality and education and not mass business, america and americans would be way better off and not inflating a huge bubble that will pop one day

also wanted to say that being an american was an attitude set by our founding fathers, i know there are prob. and lot of guys here on NT that consider themselves and entrepreneur.....thats why people came to america in the first place, to make something of themselves, and they did for the most part, poorer people became better off and the rich folks did too, but they werent just a little better off, they were out of this world better off and crazy rich, its that i have to dominant attitude that leads us into today's cooperate greedyness

i wholeheartly respect our founding fathers for creating "a land of oppurtunity" b/c it does exist however i think had they started out w/ an emphasis on building proper morality and education and not mass business, america and americans would be way better off and not inflating a huge bubble that will pop one day

Oh yeah I know there are A LOT of opportunities out there but for some, home is the only place they know and it isn't their fault. They can't even pay for the prices of public transportation (which in my city is going to go up because of the deficit the bus company is facing) let alone taking a plane to somewhere, "better". I live with the minorities and the poor, hell, I'm part of that category in which we have been placed because of the social ladder of success' effects on what success really is. But that's another story for another time.

Oh yeah I know there are A LOT of opportunities out there but for some, home is the only place they know and it isn't their fault. They can't even pay for the prices of public transportation (which in my city is going to go up because of the deficit the bus company is facing) let alone taking a plane to somewhere, "better". I live with the minorities and the poor, hell, I'm part of that category in which we have been placed because of the social ladder of success' effects on what success really is. But that's another story for another time.

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

GTHOOHWTBS
roll.gif
roll.gif

indifferent.gif

And is that a Polo shirt? How much did that cost?
dude actually made some critical observations on his environment and you say that in response?
tired.gif
You don't see the hypocrisy in his statement? Let me dissect this piece by piece, because I actually have the time to.

This happens EVERYWHERE in the world, and way worse than in America. You think gangs are bad here? Watch a documentary about gangs in South America. Even places like Mexico are way more dangerous than it is here.

Again, the projects here are nowhere as bad as they are in other places. Millions and millions of people sleep every night with no roof over their heads.

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

GTHOOHWTBS
roll.gif
roll.gif

indifferent.gif

And is that a Polo shirt? How much did that cost?
dude actually made some critical observations on his environment and you say that in response?
tired.gif
You don't see the hypocrisy in his statement? Let me dissect this piece by piece, because I actually have the time to.

This happens EVERYWHERE in the world, and way worse than in America. You think gangs are bad here? Watch a documentary about gangs in South America. Even places like Mexico are way more dangerous than it is here.

Again, the projects here are nowhere as bad as they are in other places. Millions and millions of people sleep every night with no roof over their heads.

I'm not comparing this to another place I'm just saying I don't appreciate a place where I don't feel welcome and where things aren't equal for everyone. I'm sure if I were in Mexico living in the bad conditions there I would still be saying I don't like Mexico because the harsh living standards we have while others have it easy. You're wrapped up in your argument too much to see what I'm saying IMO.

FURTHERMORE! I think that pic is me in my Polo Sweater that I bought for 30 BUCKS on a sale at Macy's! Come on son.

I'm not comparing this to another place I'm just saying I don't appreciate a place where I don't feel welcome and where things aren't equal for everyone. I'm sure if I were in Mexico living in the bad conditions there I would still be saying I don't like Mexico because the harsh living standards we have while others have it easy. You're wrapped up in your argument too much to see what I'm saying IMO.

FURTHERMORE! I think that pic is me in my Polo Sweater that I bought for 30 BUCKS on a sale at Macy's! Come on son.

Originally Posted by torgriffith

Material things do not make for a good lifestyle.
I agree, but the ability to attain material things does make for a better lifestyle than most people on this earth have. He said his uncle saved a $1000 for that laptop. A THOUSAND DOLLARS. It's not about the laptop, it's about the $1000. You can feed a child like, forever with that money. Every single person in America has the opportunity to make it, and that's not the case in most other places.

I agree, but the ability to attain material things does make for a better lifestyle than most people on this earth have. He said his uncle saved a $1000 for that laptop. A THOUSAND DOLLARS. It's not about the laptop, it's about the $1000. You can feed a child like, forever with that money. Every single person in America has the opportunity to make it, and that's not the case in most other places.

I agree, but the ability to attain material things does make for a better lifestyle than most people on this earth have. He said his uncle saved a $1000 for that laptop. A THOUSAND DOLLARS. It's not about the laptop, it's about the $1000. You can feed a child like, forever with that money.

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS OVER THE COURSE OF NINETEEN YEARS WHICH I USED FOR A LAPTOP FOR COLLEGE! Do not leave out facts in your arguments it leaves holes in what you're saying. And the average household had about four people in it, $1000 is a months groceries and even that seems low. Do some research.

I agree, but the ability to attain material things does make for a better lifestyle than most people on this earth have. He said his uncle saved a $1000 for that laptop. A THOUSAND DOLLARS. It's not about the laptop, it's about the $1000. You can feed a child like, forever with that money.

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS OVER THE COURSE OF NINETEEN YEARS WHICH I USED FOR A LAPTOP FOR COLLEGE! Do not leave out facts in your arguments it leaves holes in what you're saying. And the average household had about four people in it, $1000 is a months groceries and even that seems low. Do some research.

Back
Top Bottom